Blu-Ray release episode 7: video glitches?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

nemo
RR Diner Member

Blu-Ray release episode 7: video glitches?

Post by nemo »

Watching episode 7 I've stumbled upon some slight green strip, which takes a fraction of second, at 13:34 at the very bottom of the scene, where Truman and Andy set a trap for Jaques sitting in a police car. The strip appears almost exactly during the frame changing and is almost unnoticable.
Does anybody have this strip or similar distortion of image on discs? Unfortunately I don't have any other player to check the disc and I can't figure out, if it's a disc or a player/cable issue. On one of the internet forums I found a comment of a person, who also talks about slight ,,green flashes''. But that's it.
I would be very thankful for any ideas and advice!

One detail: by fast-forwarding the frame at the lowest speed the strip sometimes doesn't appear.
Last edited by nemo on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
piero
RR Diner Member

Re: Blu-Ray release episode 7: video glitches?

Post by piero »

I have noticed the same thing on the Pilot episode. When Doc Hayward fold the plastic to discover Laura, the last image of Laura's face. (after he said "Good Lord, Laura!") - the next frame shot of Laura's face shows a little distortion of image. it's a fraction of a second.
Is it only my disc or anybody can confirm that?
Thank you all!
Roomservice...
melody nelson

Post by melody nelson »

nemo wrote:Watching episode 7 I've stumbled upon some slight green strip, which takes a fraction of second, at 13:34 at the very bottom of the scene, where Truman and Andy set a trap for Jaques sitting in a police car. The strip appears almost exactly during the frame changing and is almost unnoticable.
Does anybody have this strip or similar distortion of image on discs? Unfortunately I don't have any other player to check the disc and I can't figure out, if it's a disc or a player/cable issue. On one of the internet forums I found a comment of a person, who also talks about slight ,,green flashes''. But that's it.
I would be very thankful for any ideas and advice!

One detail: by fast-forwarding the frame at the lowest speed the strip sometimes doesn't appear.
I can confirm that there is a green bar at the bottom of the screen. I noticed it on my first viewing. Funny, I also searched online to see if anyone else noticed it and this is the first other mention of it that I've found (and I too saw that blu-ray.com post).

I wondered if it was inherent to the source, but it certainly doesn't appear on the Artisan S1 DVD. Pretty sure it's part of the image on this BD transfer because when I pause it or scroll through the frames one by one it's always there.

Oh well. There had to be a flaw in these otherwise incredible transfers. :)
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

I have noticed the same thing on the Pilot episode. When Doc Hayward fold the plastic to discover Laura, the last image of Laura's face. (after he said "Good Lord, Laura!") - the next frame shot of Laura's face shows a little distortion of image. it's a fraction of a second.
Is it only my disc or anybody can confirm that?
Hi Piero! Recently I checked that scene you talked about and I don't have that image distortion. Moreover I've found out, that the green line I described above is present not in all copies. So it seems to be evident, that CBS really has problems securing the quality of their products. Very frustrating...I'd recommend to write them and ask to replace the disc with the discovered flaw.