Simultaneous Tweets from David Lynch & Mark Frost

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Re: Simultaneous Tweets from David Lynch & Mark Frost

Post by bosguy1981 »

Yes, I hope David can pull Everett McGill out of acting retirement. Would be great to see him and Norma now. And what does Agent Denise Bryson look like nowadays? :wink:

Can't wait to find out what this is going to be, and how many original series actors are to be involved. How many new-to-Twin-Peaks actors will be in there, etc. (Write a part for Bryan Cranston!!) Hehe.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Well, no one's denied the rumors yet this time...
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jude
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jude »

hopefully we'll get more information or a confirmation on the upcoming week, maybe even tomorrow?? Fingers crossed!!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Assuming something's really happening, and it's 25 years later in TP, I'd like to see Al Strobel come out of retirement to take part. He's a phenomenal actor. I also very much want (need, actually) to see Michael J. Anderson. I mean, seriously, how can you not have his presence? Michael Horse as well, especially since Hawk was firmly rooted in the area going back, presumably, a great many generations. I'd really like to see Harry, but can Michael Ontkean be tempted to leave Hawaii for filming? I once suggested we could connect with him through a coconut oil pool portal surrounded by palm trees. :lol: You work with what you've got. The red tiki room?

I've lived in some small towns and odd rural places, and people above a certain age tend to stay in those places (especially the more rural locations). Sometimes younger people leave (for college or whatever) and don't come back, but above a certain age you get a very stable population, so I'd expect most characters would be around. We already know that Sarah Palmer remains a resident.
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

Think all the big hitters who can will be there - I just want Kyle & Ontkean back on the screen
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

bosguy1981 wrote:Yes, I hope David can pull Everett McGill out of acting retirement. Would be great to see him and Norma now. And what does Agent Denise Bryson look like nowadays? :wink:

Can't wait to find out what this is going to be, and how many original series actors are to be involved. How many new-to-Twin-Peaks actors will be in there, etc. (Write a part for Bryan Cranston!!) Hehe.
I don't want to spoil the party here, but isn't this all just based on the twitter-messages assumably from DL and MF? I won't even dare to hope anything yet, unless some more, solid reports come from one of the two (al least). Maybe even not before there is an official statement...
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

chalfont wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:Yes, I hope David can pull Everett McGill out of acting retirement. Would be great to see him and Norma now. And what does Agent Denise Bryson look like nowadays? :wink:

I don't want to spoil the party here, but isn't this all just based on the twitter-messages assumably from DL and MF? I won't even dare to hope anything yet, unless some more, solid reports come from one of the two (al least). Maybe even not before there is an official statement...
Well the Twitter posts aren't assumably from Lynch and Frost, they were posted on the official accounts with no denouncements this whole weekend(plus added semi-confirmation that something is up from Harley Peyton). It could be all sorts of things this news(maybe just official TP coffee, who knows) and let's also remember that the last round of rumours turned out to be true(shooting the Palmer family reunion for the blu ray box).
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

ok, thanks - good to know. Maybe I will start to think about hoping..... :wink:
Jude
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jude »

oh man.. just imagine what kind of let down that will be if this is all just of because some new coffee deal that Mark & David have made :D, I don't know if I should cry or laugh at that point.. But I guess I'll just have to trust Harley Peyton that this won't be just another let down.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

See you in the morning.
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-10-05 at 3.33.52 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-10-05 at 3.33.52 PM.png (569.09 KiB) Viewed 10827 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
FormicaTable
Roadhouse Member

Post by FormicaTable »

WELCOME TO TWIN PEAKS has just pointed out that both Mark Frost and David Lynch's accounts were followed by the head of Showtime's PR. Frost most recently followed her back. THEN came the simultaneous tweets from Lynch and Frost.

The Showtime rumor appears to have genuine merit. It is happening again. Holy shit!
FauxOwl
RR Diner Member

Post by FauxOwl »

Mark Frost especially has always been quick to throw a wet rag on rumors of a revival in the past. It would be very out of character for him to ignite a rumor and fan the flames with his silence (granted it's only been a little over two days). But I'm sure all of us would be well advised to keep our expectations tempered until some kind of official announcement.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

just wondering maybe a new calender with D.L. coffee?
fearltd
Roadhouse Member

Post by fearltd »

I remember back at least two years ago, on some television gossip blog (not the 4chan rumor), there was a blurb from a "reliable source" about Mark Frost and David Lynch wanting to resurrect Twin Peaks, and the story being set in an alternate timeline where Laura Palmer was never murdered. Thinking back on that, that idea kind of makes sense, and it would be the easiest way for Lynch to incorporate his beloved Palmer family. The only downside would be it would kind negate the entirety of the series. Either way, this was just a rumor which probably isn't true. I wish I could remember where I saw it...
skawitch
Roadhouse Member

Post by skawitch »

I really don't know how I am going to make it through today with my sanity intact. Over the weekend I've not been able to go more than 10 minutes without frantically checking my phone for news and I've lost sleep over it. I really hope that:

- The news is worthy of all the rampant speculation
- They do announce something today (I'm not sure I can stand much more of this waiting)
- If there is an announcement today, they do it early. I live in England and don't want to have to wait until tomorrow morning

So not much of a wishlist for a early 25 year old series that got critically panned by the end of it's run and was cancelled due to poor ratings :D