NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by baxter »

That trailer is really well done!

I really hope we don't have to wait til October :-(
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

First world problems sharing time: As a (VERY generous) gift, my dad is taking my sister and me on a one-week "adventure cruise" to Alaska next year (smallish vessel, kayaking and hiking, etc.). So far, so fantastic, right? Well, it happens that with all the various factors involved, the dates are narrowing down to early May. It would be a little easier to ask that we shift to another month if I knew for certain when the S3 premiere is, but it could be May, it could be June, now it sounds like it could be October, for all we know.

If it premieres in April and I see the first two or three eps, and then take a break to go on the trip, catching up when I return, I'd be fine with that. But delaying seeing the premiere for a week or more feels painful to contemplate. I know, it's more than a bit childish, but I suspect it would nag at me the entire trip if I knew that S3E1 was out there happening right now, and people were responding to it and discussing it, and I was missing The Event, and would have to wait another week to see it at all. Besides the issue of avoiding spoilers and such on the internet, but I guess I wouldn't be on it much anyway, out there in the middle of Glacier Bay on a boat.

Just wanted to share with some people that I knew would understand.

That said, can anyone point me to this discussion of October in another thread? I of course want to see the details even though it sounds mostly like idle speculation.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

heheh. Reminds me of my first viewing of Twin Peaks (via the Bravo reruns). My brother and I had set the video to record the two episodes that aired whilst we were abroad on holiday, and I spent the whole time worrying incessantly that it wouldn't work.

Turns out it did, and with extra irony, we won the entire VHS collection in a magazine competition shortly after the last episode aired!
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Very good interview of Mark Frost by a Newspaper of my country, Spain. Here show the link.

http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2016/ ... 62780.html

You have to translate the interview, since it is obviously in Spanish

The interview has been published today!!
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Dead Dog wrote:I'd bet my house it will premiere before October.
From your username, I'm guessing that's not that bold a bet.

"That property is called Dead Dog Farm - and it's worse than it sounds..." ;)
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Harry S. Truman wrote:Very good interview of Mark Frost by a Newspaper of my country, Spain. Here show the link.

Did I read the Spanish correctly that within the next two months there will be an announcement about the air dates? If so, that means it could be as late a February before air dates and number of episodes are announced.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

mtwentz wrote:
Harry S. Truman wrote:Very good interview of Mark Frost by a Newspaper of my country, Spain. Here show the link.

Did I read the Spanish correctly that within the next two months there will be an announcement about the air dates? If so, that means it could be as late a February before air dates and number of episodes are announced.
Yes!, according to that interview, in the next couple of months the date will be announced!... and ask for a little more patience.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

mtwentz wrote:

Yes!! Could be the announcement on the TCA showtime on january, or on february on the superbowl. These are the two dates more important of this two months.
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

garethw wrote:
Dead Dog wrote:I'd bet my house it will premiere before October.
From your username, I'm guessing that's not that bold a bet.

"That property is called Dead Dog Farm - and it's worse than it sounds..." ;)
One of the many great location names in TP!
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

26+ months since the announcement. Since early summer this year, I feel my enthusiasm has dropped. Waiting so long is not good at all. Even the book could only lift me for a few days. We need something, soon, to lift us before it's starting next year - at least if we're talking past April/May.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

chalfont wrote:26+ months since the announcement. Since early summer this year, I feel my enthusiasm has dropped. Waiting so long is not good at all. Even the book could only lift me for a few days. We need something, soon, to lift us before it's starting next year - at least if we're talking past April/May.
You're not the only one that feels that way. Once we have a date and a trailer is released ( if there is a trailer), I expect enthusiasm will be reignited.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

chalfont wrote:26+ months since the announcement. Since early summer this year, I feel my enthusiasm has dropped. Waiting so long is not good at all. Even the book could only lift me for a few days. We need something, soon, to lift us before it's starting next year - at least if we're talking past April/May.
Finding myself in the middle of a playthrough of a game that was announced in 2009 for a projected 2011 release, my experience has been that while my enthusiasm had waned into unreality levels (as in, by 2016 not even holding the game's case in my hands made me feel that jolt of realisation that the thing had actually and truly come out), the actual enjoyment is not being affected by the delays. When I turn on the console, it's just me and the game, which is luckily worth all the hype I used to feel in a distant past.
Might be worth focusing on something else if the wait becomes more frustrating than fun. When it comes out, the enthusiasm will come back.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I spent the better part of my life never expecting this show to ever come back. Waiting two years has been hard but it's nothing compared to being a fan since 1990.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I feel like at least some part of all the hardcore fans on here (maybe myself included) are going to be disappointed with S3 when it's finally here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm expecting it to be grand, but that's how things usually go with continuations and reboots.

I know, I know, it's not a reboot
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Soolsma wrote:
I feel like at least some part of all the hardcore fans on here (maybe myself included) are going to be disappointed with S3 when it's finally here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm expecting it to be grand, but that's how things usually go with continuations and reboots.
I can totally agree with this. I'm fully expecting for some parts of it to really leave me cold. I guess what gives Twin Peaks it's longevity, it's staying power, is that it is so insular and singular. It exists in this small pocket. A continuation with different technologies used, and a wider context, is something I think the show could thrive on. But, undoubtedly, I'm sure a lot of people will want some nostalgia out of this. There may be some, but I'm lucky I suppose in that I only saw Twin Peaks a year ago; those who experienced the original run must feel more dislocated about this than I do.