NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

krishnanspace wrote:Since Mark Frost mentioned more trailers, it could mean we would get more of these character teasers.
1.Cooper sipping coffee with an iPhone in his hand
2.Albert getting that second mineral water.
3.Shelly serving the customers.
4.Norma with big Ed at the bang bang bar
5.James hunting milfs
6.Bobby and Shelly playing with each other's faces
7.Benjamin Horne eating carrots
8.Andy reading the flesh magazines
9.Sarah still sad and smoking cigarettes
And the list goes on. Guys tell me about what character teasers you would like to see
Haha, fifth one is a classic James...

I'll add couple of more:

10. Lucy typing on her IMac
11. James entering the Twin Peaks on his motorcycle with the nostalgic look on his face...
12. Deputy Hawk walking through woods

EDIT: 13. Ben and Jerry eating those faboulous baguettes with brie cheese.
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

Well, I don't love the teaser. Do I love to watch Lynch eating a donut? Yes I do, but the thing is terribly edited.

The shot they have chosen is like "moved" or something, like if they have caught Lynch eating a donut in a pause more than shooted him "in character" for a scene. This is not going to be part of the series; this is just a making of shot.

A making of shot followed by a frozen jpg of the population sign. Except the one which introduces several actors, every teaser until now has a weird editing. Jesus, do you remember the fist-first-first teaser, when they announced the return? They have beautiful things (beautiful waterfall shots, Badalamenti) but presented with a strange technical feeling.

I'm not worried about this. They're just teasers, and look like the kind of teasers that you would make if you wouldn't want to make any of them, which seems the case, giving the secrecy of all this.

I don't know. Am I overthinking?
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

No, it's a fair point. They basically don't care much about them. I think we can read zero about the series in them.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Ok good I thought I was the only one not impressed by this latest teaser (though I did like the the one with Hawk and Lynch or Cole).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I liked the glimpse into what might be Cole's office.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

Definitely. I don't think they would build a set just to film that teaser, and it obviously seems very off the cuff anyway.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yeah, that definitely was a set. The production design and the whole aesthetic of the new series is an aspect that I'm really looking forward to seeing. Especially since they didn't bring Richard Hoover back and Patricia Norris has of course passed away.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

I really liked the familiar warm color-grading. :)
Along with Angelo's music, this will definitely suck me in completely from the beginning!
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

I''m sure it means nothing, but the caption calls him "Regional Bureau Chief" although he's been promoted to Deputy Director per The Secret History.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Hopper wrote:Well, I don't love the teaser. Do I love to watch Lynch eating a donut? Yes I do, but the thing is terribly edited.

The shot they have chosen is like "moved" or something, like if they have caught Lynch eating a donut in a pause more than shooted him "in character" for a scene. This is not going to be part of the series; this is just a making of shot.

A making of shot followed by a frozen jpg of the population sign. Except the one which introduces several actors, every teaser until now has a weird editing. Jesus, do you remember the fist-first-first teaser, when they announced the return? They have beautiful things (beautiful waterfall shots, Badalamenti) but presented with a strange technical feeling.

I'm not worried about this. They're just teasers, and look like the kind of teasers that you would make if you wouldn't want to make any of them, which seems the case, giving the secrecy of all this.

I don't know. Am I overthinking?
Well yeah, it's definitely not an actual scene from the show because as you say, it's basically a piece of B-roll footage.

It wouldn't surprise me if Showtime keep pestering Lynch for promo material and he just gave them this as a bit of a joke.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

The Jumping Man wrote:I''m sure it means nothing, but the caption calls him "Regional Bureau Chief" although he's been promoted to Deputy Director per The Secret History.
Been wondering the same. On a similar note, they've always referred to Kmac as "special agent Dale Cooper" when TSHOTP confirmed that he's not.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

All I have to do is remember Dell Mibbler shuffling oh-so-slowly across the bank floor to remind me that it is indeed possible that we could see Cole mouth sexing a donut in protracted silence during an actual scene. This is Twin Peaks, after all.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Mordeen wrote:All I have to do is remember Dell Mibbler shuffling oh-so-slowly across the bank floor to remind me that it is indeed possible that we could see Cole mouth sexing a donut in protracted silence during an actual scene. This is Twin Peaks, after all.

-Mordeen
This.

A lot of Twin Peaks' quirkiness is in these little odd scenes
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

dronerstone wrote:I really liked the familiar warm color-grading. :)
Along with Angelo's music, this will definitely suck me in completely from the beginning!
Interesting you say this, as the absence of the typical Twin Peaks colour grading (or anything interesting in its place) is one of the aspects of the teaser that makes me pray it is indeed unpolished B-Roll footage. If this teaser accurately represents the general look of the series then I'll be pretty disappointed.
cb78c826623c81d3e2b74f5d80fb26bb.jpg
cb78c826623c81d3e2b74f5d80fb26bb.jpg (33.33 KiB) Viewed 8946 times
Twin-Peaks-2017.png
Twin-Peaks-2017.png (362 KiB) Viewed 8946 times
I actually started a thread a while back about the aesthetic of the new series in general: http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3183

Just another reason to be excited by the prospect of a proper trailer! Any day now...
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Woah, I actually like the colors in the teaser
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."