NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by ForKeeps »

marchug wrote: People are speculating that their must be some reason for the 4 hours. Like Lynch/Frost have some kind of beginning story arc that will take 4 hours. But this can't be true if only a certain amount of people will be able to watch it.

No offense to the many people outside the US that post here, but Showtime subscribers in America are not just a "certain amount of people", it's the vast majority of Showtime's audience. And it's 2017, people will find a way to see them if they want to and the discussion online in the ensuing week, both in media and places like this, will be about the first four hours.

I don't know about the arc thing, but I definitely think there's a strong possibility that 4 ends with a cliffhanger. Otherwise it seems a bit arbitrary to put out 3 AND 4 instead of just 3.

And then they're officially "airing" them together the following Sunday for everyone, so I think it's safe to say that at least 3 and 4 belong together, for whatever reason.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Dalai Cooper wrote:it's "will she hook up with cole"
I'd be surprised if that's the question she hears the most regarding the fate of her character. If that's the case, let's hope the answer is "no". That Gordon/Shelly plot was one of the worst things about S2 to me. I'd rather see an entire episode dedicated to Evelyn drected by Diane Keaton.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

laughingpinecone wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
Ross wrote:I thought the implication was that the question Madchen gets is "Did shelly & Bobby end up together/get married?"
Yes, I think it was whether or not Bobby and Shelly are married. She recently addressed that on Twitter with a fan as well, stating she wished she could answer it.
Ah, that (or Leo!) makes more sense :oops: the reasoning behind my guess was that we don't need reassurance to know that we're gonna find out how Shelly and Bobby fared, since they're both returning. Annie was the only big question I could think of whose status was uncertain.
That doesn't mean they ever got married or are even together, though! ;)
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
I'd be surprised if that's the question she hears the most regarding the fate of her character. If that's the case, let's hope the answer is "no". That Gordon/Shelly plot was one of the worst things about S2 to me. I'd rather see an entire episode dedicated to Evelyn drected by Diane Keaton.
Really? I loved it. Granted, Lynch was being kind of skeezy cause he merely wrote it in as a way to kiss Madchen but Shelly came alive in a really fun and different way in those scenes IMO.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Really? I loved it. Granted, Lynch was being kind of skeezy cause he merely wrote it in as a way to kiss Madchen but Shelly came alive in a really fun and different way in those scenes IMO.
Yeah, I know. Most fans consider it "TP getting back on its track". To me TP never looked so silly and far from its tracks. And the fact that Lynch wrote it in only as a way to kiss Madchen says a lot lol. But I know I'm in the minority with this.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I was joking, I obviously don't think that's the question she's talking about
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Yeah, I know. Most fans consider it "TP getting back on its track". To me TP never looked so silly and far from its tracks. And the fact that Lynch wrote it in only as a way to kiss Madchen says a lot lol. But I know I'm in the minority with this.
I'm with you on that one! I love Gordon Cole character dearly, but that smooching with the Johnson girl was the pits. And I hate it they stuck some of it in the "Chickadee on a Dodge Dart" scene with Coop, Harry & Annie, the contender for my most beloved TP scene ever!
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Agent Earle wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
I'm with you on that one! I love Gordon Cole character dearly, but that smooching with the Johnson girl was the pits. And I hate it they stuck some of it in the "Chickadee on a Dodge Dart" scene with Coop, Harry & Annie, the contender for my most beloved TP scene ever!
Ha, that's the only scene between episodes 15 and the finale (aside from a couple of small moments in episode 27) that I wholeheartedly adore - and the interaction between Cole and Shelly is a big part of it. In fact, it would also be my contender for both Lynch and Amick's best scene in the series. Everything about that diner sequence encapsulates the warm and charming side of Twin Peaks for me.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
Yes, I think it was whether or not Bobby and Shelly are married. She recently addressed that on Twitter with a fan as well, stating she wished she could answer it.
Ah, that (or Leo!) makes more sense :oops: the reasoning behind my guess was that we don't need reassurance to know that we're gonna find out how Shelly and Bobby fared, since they're both returning. Annie was the only big question I could think of whose status was uncertain.
That doesn't mean they ever got married or are even together, though! ;)
Oh, absolutely! My bet's on "not even together", even!

The only thing that interests me about the Gordon-Shelly thing is the Venus de Milo connection/supernatural angle in general. I'm pretty confident we're gonna find out more about Gordon's situation, Blue Rose and all. I wonder if Shelly's gonna get her spooky wood shenanigans too! (maybe something minor, like Harold had the Tremonds for neighbors)
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Adolphus
Roadhouse Member

Post by Adolphus »

mtwentz wrote:What Frost said on the Gold Box set is they knew the killer 'early on'. He was not specific as to when.
Not specific but still they still knew who the killer was early in the going.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Adolphus wrote:
mtwentz wrote:What Frost said on the Gold Box set is they knew the killer 'early on'. He was not specific as to when.
I'll just say that if they didn't know it when they plotted season 1, Leland's musical obsession right before "there is always music in the air", and especially Audrey's entire arc consisting of her following in Laura's footsteps culminating in her (almost) having sex with her father, would be one hell of a coincidence...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

laughingpinecone wrote:
Adolphus wrote:
I'll just say that if they didn't know it when they plotted season 1, Leland's musical obsession right before "there is always music in the air", and especially Audrey's entire arc consisting of her following in Laura's footsteps culminating in her (almost) having sex with her father, would be one hell of a coincidence...
Early on could even mean before the final script for the pilot was finished, it's hard to tell.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Does anyone have that photo Matt Battaglia posted while on set? If so, can you PM it to me? Thank you :)
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Does anyone have that photo Matt Battaglia posted while on set? If so, can you PM it to me? Thank you :)
When you get it, make sure you let him know he shouldn't be calling Season 3 a remake.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Mordeen wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:Does anyone have that photo Matt Battaglia posted while on set? If so, can you PM it to me? Thank you :)
When you get it, make sure you let him know he shouldn't be calling Season 3 a remake.

-Mordeen
LOL, valid!