NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Soolsma »

Rudagger wrote:For what it's worth..
I dunno. The fake plastic look also has something to do with the make up and the way it is applied. Besides that there's an emphasis on sex and violence in a way that just seem like kind of cheap thrills to me. It's neither sex nor violence I have a problem with though, it's the way they are applied here. I have exactly the same problems with the more recent hit (and also HBO) Westworld.
Jerry Horne wrote:Great interview with Chrysta Bell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa3DP9yVLbo
How flattering! She called us smart! :lol:

Something among the lines of:
''Has it been though for you? To keep quiet like you did?''
"It's been maddening. You can't even give a teeth, because it'll start opening doors. Mostly because the fans are so smart and so curious." :lol:

Nice interview. I'm highly curious of how Chrysta Bell in season 3 will turn out. I'm not a 100% convinced of her acting capabilities yet. But as always, I have my fatih in Lynch.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

Soolsma wrote: Though I normally really love just about any kind of fantasy, and I'm a die-hard Tolkien and Middle earth freak)[/size]
Really? I think game of thrones is much better and more interesting than LOTR (the movies, at least). The dialogues, the "realism", the brutality, the politics, it is really a completely different league for me than the Hollywood blockbuster cliches of LOTR.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Soolsma wrote:I'm not a 100% convinced of her acting capabilities yet. But as always, I have my fatih in Lynch.
That's the great thing about him - he usually manages to bring out the best in the people he works with. :D Even if it's in unusua ways (think of Andy for example).
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

Does anyone know how/why Chrysta Bell was in a Hong Kong martial arts movie with Jet Li (playing a young Native American girl) when she was a teenager? Now that is bizarre.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

In that interview she's asked about IMDB (which lists her as playing Tamara Preston) and she says she's seen it and that "the secrets are still intact", FWIW.

Reading between the lines however, it's clear from the way she talks about it that she has a very substantial role.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

ForKeeps wrote: Reading between the lines however, it's clear from the way she talks about it that she has a very substantial role.
Doesn't she say in the interview that she's grateful to have been a "small" part of it?

It can still be both ways.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

djerdap wrote:
ForKeeps wrote: Reading between the lines however, it's clear from the way she talks about it that she has a very substantial role.
Doesn't she say in the interview that she's grateful to have been a "small" part of it?

Unlikely imho? She wouldn't have been in that teaser if her role had been small? I think even major players like Robertson or Ashbrook can think of themselves as "small parts" of this entire complex tapestry... I'm with ForKeeps on the reading between the lines. People with actual small roles have said stuff like "I don't have the faintest clue what happened but it was amazing, 10/10 would be thoroughly confused by David Lynch again", not "I know so much stuff I cannot tell, to the point that at first it was overwhelming"...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Thanks for the interview. Pretty interesting! 81 days.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

djerdap wrote:

No, she said "to have even been a small part of it" which is a common expression. At the very least it's clear she has more than a cameo.

I mean, without getting into specifics, it's fairly safe to say that IMDB is accurate on this one.
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

How flattering! She called us smart! :lol:

Something among the lines of:
''Has it been though for you? To keep quiet like you did?''
"It's been maddening. You can't even give a teeth, because it'll start opening doors. Mostly because the fans are so smart and so curious." :lol: .
I believe she said you can't even give a "peep" not "teeth"' hahha with that being said when I read this post this morning I thought who says you can't even give a teeth and then I was intrigued and listened ! She was very charming and sweet I'm excited to see how she's used in the new season!
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

i think shes playing a prostitute :lol:
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

What's with the disparity between the countdown here and the one at http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/countdown? And neither of them seem to be pointing at the actual airtime, am I missing something here?
I'll see you in the trees
dkenny78
RR Diner Member

Post by dkenny78 »

Regarding TWIN PEAKS's chance of winning Emmys, I agree, it's a bit premature to determine, but the playing field appears to be a bit more level in the Limited Series category this year. We're about three months away from the cutoff date for Emmy submission, and there's hardly anything that really jumps out.

FARGO will almost certainly be back, but the second season of AMERICAN CRIME STORY won't premiere until 2018, so that will be out of the running (though Ryan Murphy's new anthology series FEUD might take its place - buzz is already pretty good). What other miniseries/limited series have aired in the past 9 months? THE YOUNG POPE? AMERICAN HORROR STORY: ROANOKE? Nobody seemed to be over the moon about either of those. Am I missing anything?
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

What's with the disparity between the countdown here and the one at http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/countdown? And neither of them seem to be pointing at the actual airtime, am I missing something here?
Different time zones?
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

dkenny78 wrote:Regarding TWIN PEAKS's chance of winning Emmys, I agree, it's a bit premature to determine, but the playing field appears to be a bit more level in the Limited Series category this year. We're about three months away from the cutoff date for Emmy submission, and there's hardly anything that really jumps out.

FARGO will almost certainly be back, but the second season of AMERICAN CRIME STORY won't premiere until 2018, so that will be out of the running (though Ryan Murphy's new anthology series FEUD might take its place - buzz is already pretty good). What other miniseries/limited series have aired in the past 9 months? THE YOUNG POPE? AMERICAN HORROR STORY: ROANOKE? Nobody seemed to be over the moon about either of those. Am I missing anything?
Yes, but this could be a flop and not even be in the running. Most people forget about 'On The Air' and 'Hotel Room'.

That being said, were I betting man, I would put the odds at greater than 50/50 that Twin Peaks will be a nominee in the Limited Series category.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly