NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by dronerstone »

I totally agree.

I'm fairly certain the new season will be Coop- and Laura-centric, I took them releasing those two teasers at the same time as a quiet hint.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

dronerstone wrote:I totally agree.

I'm fairly certain the new season will be Coop- and Laura-centric, I took them releasing those two teasers at the same time as a quiet hint.
Twin teasers first, twin posters later, I certainly hope these hints are what they seem!

Now I'm curious about the character teasers, though. Are they really gonna stop at Gordon and Dale? And if they do, is there some significance to it? Who knows what they're gonna do next...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

N. Needleman wrote:The cliffhanger is not some big secret. It's notorious. That doesn't bother me.

I do think they can and will step up the promotion, but they're also doing what Lynch wants.
It's notorious among people who've seen it. I know loads of people who have come to the series in the last few years, including a few who are watching at the moment, and they've all gone in without knowing the end & managed to get to the end without getting spoiled. Luckily, none of the ones who haven't finished yet are watching on showtime!

(It doesn't bother me either, I've seen the old series)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Is the Bob/Cooper teaser actually playing on Showtime? I've only seen it online.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

laughingpinecone wrote:Now I'm curious about the character teasers, though. Are they really gonna stop at Gordon and Dale? And if they do, is there some significance to it? Who knows what they're gonna do next...
Maybe they won't do more. I feel that the Gordon one was just Lynch goofing around and the Cooper one was essential because he's the lead.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Well, Frost promised us more trailers and promo bits back around when his book got out. It's been 3-4 months since, and all we've gotten thus far is one sort of proper trailer-ish thing (the term "proper" in this case meaning it contains at least few seconds worth of truly NEW material) - the one with Cooper emerging from the darkness. Practically anything else was just them jerking around with the old stuff. 24th of Feb, the TP Day, has come and gone, and still - zilch. I love old stuff as much as the next guy, but they better up the ante promotion-wise, 'cause soon there won't be any potential viewers, sans diehard fans, aware that this thing is indeed coming back to TV. The announcement was in October 2014, you know. It's been a long, cold, lonely winter...
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

Agent Earle wrote:Well, Frost promised us more trailers and promo bits back around when his book got out. It's been 3-4 months since, and all we've gotten thus far is one sort of proper trailer-ish thing (the term "proper" in this case meaning it contains at least few seconds worth of truly NEW material) - the one with Cooper emerging from the darkness. Practically anything else was just them jerking around with the old stuff. 24th of Feb, the TP Day, has come and gone, and still - zilch. I love old stuff as much as the next guy, but they better up the ante promotion-wise, 'cause soon there won't be any potential viewers, sans diehard fans, aware that this thing is indeed coming back to TV. The announcement was in October 2014, you know. It's been a long, cold, lonely winter...
Well, we'll soon get the series proper. Wasn't it already confirmed that we WON'T be getting a 'real' trailer anyway?
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

DirkG wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:Well, Frost promised us more trailers and promo bits back around when his book got out. It's been 3-4 months since, and all we've gotten thus far is one sort of proper trailer-ish thing (the term "proper" in this case meaning it contains at least few seconds worth of truly NEW material) - the one with Cooper emerging from the darkness. Practically anything else was just them jerking around with the old stuff. 24th of Feb, the TP Day, has come and gone, and still - zilch. I love old stuff as much as the next guy, but they better up the ante promotion-wise, 'cause soon there won't be any potential viewers, sans diehard fans, aware that this thing is indeed coming back to TV. The announcement was in October 2014, you know. It's been a long, cold, lonely winter...
Well, we'll soon get the series proper. Wasn't it already confirmed that we WON'T be getting a 'real' trailer anyway?
Yeah, it was. I don't expect to get a 3-minute trailer with the whole main story arc crammed into it like it's customary for Hollywood blockbusters nowadays. But a few more "out-there" teasers like the one with Cooper would be nice - a shot of a new face, a new shot of an old one, an odd musical note... Just give us SOMETHING (new), ya know.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

At this point, nobody is expecting an actual trailer. But they should release something similar to the Cooper one. Just a couple of glimpses of new footage, without dialogue.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

To me, the Potemkine spoiler was by far the best teaser we've had.
I'll see you in the trees
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Panapaok wrote:At this point, nobody is expecting an actual trailer. But they should release something similar to the Cooper one. Just a couple of glimpses of new footage, without dialogue.
That was always my prediction. Either single teasers like that or a 'trailer' that's the same exact thing but for six, eight characters in a row. Silly me and my optimism, amirite? :roll:
The upswing is that these months' wait will look hilarious in hindsight.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

We have the EW piece to look forward to, apparently soon. Maybe there will be some photos from the new series in it?
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I don't really care about trailers or teasers tbh, although I wouldn't mind another one with bts interview snippets. Really I'd like to see them get creative with the promotion, like a "for your consideration" dairy cow-style stunt would be cool
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

ForKeeps wrote:We have the EW piece to look forward to, apparently soon. Maybe there will be some photos from the new series in it?
That's what I'm thinking. That's the typical EW exclusive.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Panapaok wrote:That's what I'm thinking. That's the typical EW exclusive.
I suspect the 'hard sell' will begin at the start of April and be in overdrive by the start of May. Once Showtime have finished re-running the old series, they're bound to want to do a 'find out what happens next' promo.