NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by AXX°N N. »

Rudagger wrote:I'm personally probably gonna try to avoid reading too many forum posts/reviews after each episode airs, if just because I've found lately on shows that the internet's predictions/speculations post-episodes tends to be startlingly accurate and end up accidentally spoiling things (the problem of having thousands of minds all thinking about the same thing).
I had paranoia about this just the other day, and while right now I want to say I'll avoid reading too much outside reaction, I know when the time comes I might do the exact opposite.

On one hand, if a twist can't be predicted, that feels like a testament to its quality. I was big into all the fan theory phenomenon of Lost, and up until the end I never saw one person spoil anything, or at least anything that was played as a big reveal. And I think that's exactly what kept me and everyone else speculating all the more. I'm sure Frost & Lynch are aware of the importance of a mystery show burying its secrets well.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Dead Dog wrote:I'll be pretty disappointed if the first scene is some kind of re-hash of noteworthy scenes from the previous seasons. It should be something entirely original and fresh.
Building on the Secret History of Twin Peaks, maybe it will open with the Lewis and Clark expedition.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
dkenny78
RR Diner Member

Post by dkenny78 »

N. Needleman wrote:
I would be very surprised if Showtime was stupid enough to schedule Peaks' final episode opposite the GOT finale.
Agreed. Though, given PEAKS's checkered history with scheduling, it would be entirely fitting for the show's final episode to air against the biggest hit on TV, wouldn't it?

I wonder if Showtime might even consider moving PEAKS to the 10pm slot altogether, once GOT returns? My suspicion is that they'll wait and see how the first few episodes rate. If the show strikes a chord with a mass audience, then I could see them accommodating the potential GOT crossover. If the show is pulling in low-ish Live #s and doing the rest on DVR, on demand, streaming, then I could see them leaving it alone.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

I daydreamed an opening scene in which one of the FBI agents (probably Albert) goes to a kind of serial killer memorabilia flea market to make a deal for Laura Palmer's diary, which has turned up many years after disappearing from an evidence locker, and has the line "The good Dale is in the lodge and he can't leave" scribbled in it.
Qubism
Roadhouse Member
Location: Another Place - Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by Qubism »

I thought someone in the know said the very first shot of S3 will be a coffee cup thrown out of a window......... echoing the TV smashed at the start of FWWM.......

or did I dream this?
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

I love this. ^

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
Qubism
Roadhouse Member
Location: Another Place - Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by Qubism »

Just googled it, it was a showtime tweet quoting David Nevins:

""Shooting starts in September," Showtime tweeted on Aug. 11. "The donut truck is loaded late August. A coffee cup will indeed come through a window. #TwinPeaks"

But by saying "will indeed" is he refering to something previously said by Frost? or Lynch???!!!!!
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

It's something frost keeps saying, since just after the announcement that the show was coming back.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

And he said it would happen "at some point"
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

It was one of the opening posts of the old spoiler thread. I have only read speculation that it would be the opening scene though.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Qubism
Roadhouse Member

Post by Qubism »

So fellow TP fans, cast yer minds back to 2014 and 2 nuts in America simultaneously tweeted "That gum you like is going to come back in style".

In the following mayhem with millions jumping up and down around the planet, Mark Frost gave an interview to buzzfeed:

BF: "What is one thing that fans can expect from the revival, if we can talk in very broad terms?"

MF: "Hmm. One thing I can guarantee they will see — they will see a cup of coffee fly through a window. Just to give you one mundane specific. I hope that they walk away from the end of this next chapter feeling like it all comes together and it all makes sense."

So maybe not the first scene.......or is it????!!!!
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jacelacob/twin ... .ouQ0PoJ3G
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

mtwentz wrote:
Dead Dog wrote:I'll be pretty disappointed if the first scene is some kind of re-hash of noteworthy scenes from the previous seasons. It should be something entirely original and fresh.
Building on the Secret History of Twin Peaks, maybe it will open with the Lewis and Clark expedition.
I sure hope not.
Mose

Post by Mose »

Qubism wrote:So fellow TP fans, cast yer minds back to 2014 and 2 nuts in America simultaneously tweeted "That gum you like is going to come back in style".

In the following mayhem with millions jumping up and down around the planet, Mark Frost gave an interview to buzzfeed:

BF: "What is one thing that fans can expect from the revival, if we can talk in very broad terms?"

MF: "Hmm. One thing I can guarantee they will see — they will see a cup of coffee fly through a window. Just to give you one mundane specific. I hope that they walk away from the end of this next chapter feeling like it all comes together and it all makes sense."

So maybe not the first scene.......or is it????!!!!
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jacelacob/twin ... .ouQ0PoJ3G
That has been my prediction all along. I forgot that he referred to is as a "mundane specific" though.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

mtwentz wrote:Or little Jimmy Scott singing in the Black Lodge?
. . .would fit nicely

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Qubism wrote:I thought someone in the know said the very first shot of S3 will be a coffee cup thrown out of a window......... echoing the TV smashed at the start of FWWM.......

or did I dream this?
If the opening scene takes place before 9am in a trailer park this could be legit. Who knows.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .