NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

underthefan
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by underthefan »

dronerstone wrote:
underthefan wrote:Maybe we don't get to Twin Peaks until the end of episode 4...
That's what I meant!

Not entirely impossible, but then what do we know? Next to nothing. :)
I mean, it would be very much like the Deer Meadows opening of FWWM, and if indeed Cooper is searching for a way back to Twin Peaks as Nevins famously said...
blue_rose_case

Post by blue_rose_case »

Panapaok wrote:Wow, this is a really great interview. Some interesting details about Watts' and Belushi's characters.
There’s one scene that I have to go and chew out a couple of big, heavy guys in the park. He was screaming, “Ya go out there and ya grab ’em by the balls and ya just chew ’em out! Just chew ’em out like you’ve never seen any big grown men so scared in their lives!” —Naomi Watts (who, it must be said, does a damn fine David Lynch impression).

“It’s whole notes and rests,” Belushi says of Lynch’s peculiar rhythm, recalling how the director walked him through a breakfast scene with Belushi’s top-secret character. “He said, ‘Jim. He does this every morning. He loves his coffee. He pours his coffee. He wants to make sure that the cream is the right amount of cream in his coffee. He wants to make sure there’s the right amount of milk to the cereal. He doesn’t want it too soggy. He wants it crisp.’ ”
Hmm. Reminds me of the scene in Red Heat where Belushi and Arnie are in the diner and he implores with the waitress that he's just got his coffee the perfect colour!

"Yo, sweet cheeks! While we're young"
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Haha! You mentioned Red Heat.
I'm Austrian btw.
We care a lot about coffee, maybe that's why I love Lynch/Peaks.
adamb26

Post by adamb26 »

Mibbler wrote:I´m just curious… Does anybody else wish that the Red Room/Black Lodge doesn´t get overexposed in the new episodes? I mean, that iconic place is the best thing I have ever seen in TV history and I love its indecipherable nature… so that´s why I want to keep its nature a mystery. After the new series ends I want viewers to still have an interpretation of their own. I think it works better if we didnt see so much of that place… For example, after viewing episode 29, I wanted FWWM to have LOTS of scenes in that incredible place, and when I saw it I felt I needed more… but, with time, I reached to the conclusion that less was more, and it was better that way. I want to see the Black Lodge again... but in its fair measure.

I expect we'll dig a bit deeper like how Nevins was quoted in EW, but I'm certain we will not get definitive answers or everything explained. I'm guessing we'll go one or two layers deeper, MAYBE explain a bit of mystery from the finale/S2, and then we'll be confronted by several layers that will be left for us and the characters to figure out. But with 18 episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if we spent, say, one entire episode/part in the Lodge.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

I think, as people have speculated already, the odd release schedule for the first 4 hours is a major part of their marketing strategy. They're relying on the show exploding through word of mouth in those 2 weeks.
I'm not expecting it to have much to do with the structure of the story, but we'll see.
I'll see you in the trees
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Now that we're less than 2 months away and our thirst has been sated with the recent images, it's much easier to wait.

In fact, I really love this feeling of not knowing. The uncertainty is delicious.
mujubuju
Roadhouse Member

Post by mujubuju »

Snailhead wrote:Now that we're less than 2 months away and our thirst has been sated with the recent images, it's much easier to wait.

In fact, I really love this feeling of not knowing. The uncertainty is delicious.

Likewise. Very happy the spoiler section was done away with there. My willpower would not have been sufficient to keep me from clicking!
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

adamb26 wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if we spent, say, one entire episode/part in the Lodge.
I'm waiting for a scene where a bunch of the good guys walk through the curtains for the first time, and promptly one of them trips over something. There's a shriek and a loud sickening crunch and when he's asked what he fell over he says 'I think it was a dwarf!' :shock:
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

I'm hoping we'll get some new teasers like Laura's one and that's it. Not showing characters, just objects and stuff.
elixeter

Post by elixeter »

What on earth are Showtime's Twin Peaks twitter playing at? It's so off the vibe of the show, they basically spam followers and its completely cringeworthy?!? '#grouphug' with Donna crying into Jame's harms because of Laura's death? Seriously?
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

elixeter wrote:
What on earth are Showtime's Twin Peaks twitter playing at? It's so off the vibe of the show, they basically spam followers and its completely cringeworthy?!? '#grouphug' with Donna crying into Jame's harms because of Laura's death? Seriously?
#ThingsAgentCooperDoes

dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

fwiw, the translation didn't even go as wrong as I was expecting. :)
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... lenom.html

I'm afraid the first pic could be the state of Coop at least in the beginning of season 3. Anyone else?
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

dronerstone wrote:
fwiw, the translation didn't even go as wrong as I was expecting. :)
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... lenom.html

I'm afraid the first pic could be the state of Coop at least in the beginning of season 3. Anyone else?
Well, "an agent of Cooper" ... :)
But THX for the link!
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Agent Earle wrote:
Well, "an agent of Cooper" ... :)
But THX for the link!
Of course there's this and that, little funny zigzags of the translation logarithm, but it's pretty readable I think. :)