NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

FrostedCherries

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by FrostedCherries »

Calderon wrote:And I keep my fingers crossed that Ray Wise will have an important part in the new season, but I fear he will only have a cameo.
It's been said Wise reminded Lynch of not forgetting to include him, to which he replied something along the lines of: "Well, trouble is you're dead. But we'll have to work around that." (quoting from memory, may not be the exact wording)

Knowing how much he hated to be killed off in Season 2 so early, it'd beeen a shame if they had omitted him. And he is such a presence. I hope for at least a "larger" smaller part too.
"J'ai une âme solitaire."
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

FrostedCherries wrote:
Calderon wrote:And I keep my fingers crossed that Ray Wise will have an important part in the new season, but I fear he will only have a cameo.
It's been said Wise reminded Lynch of not forgetting to include him, to which he replied something along the lines of: "Well, trouble is you're dead. But we'll have to work around that." (quoting from memory, may not be the exact wording)

Knowing how much he hated to be killed off in Season 2 so early, it'd beeen a shame if they had omitted him. And he is such a presence. I hope for at least a "larger" smaller part too.
I hope I'm not getting into spoiler territory. I think I have read by the time when they were filming the new season that Ray had some health issues that prevented him doing longer shoots. And that his part was reduced due to that. If it's true I really hope that Ray will get well soon, but it's just a rumour I've read.
FrostedCherries

Post by FrostedCherries »

Calderon wrote:I hope I'm not getting into spoiler territory. I think I have read by the time when they were filming the new season that Ray had some health issues that prevented him doing longer shoots. And that his part was reduced due to that. If it's true I really hope that Ray will get well soon, but it's just a rumour I've read.
Oh, I had no idea. Let's hope it was only a minor issue. My guess is that his role may not be big enough anyway that it couldn't have been done later with reshoots or something.
"J'ai une âme solitaire."
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Did we ever get a final tally on those billboards?
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Calderon wrote:For me this will always be Season 3. No matter how Showtime tries to mark it.
I kinda regard it as a separate entity, the same way the TV show is separate from the movie, but 'Season Three' makes an easy 'shorthand.'
And I keep my fingers crossed that Ray Wise will have an important part in the new season, but I fear he will only have a cameo.
Hopefully we'll learn why his shadow self in episode 29 said 'I did not kill anybody.'
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

I don't mind calling it Twin Peaks Season 3, or the new series or season, or The Return, or whatever. I'm open to that. But to think that Lynch's terminology of "Parts" rather than episodes isn't important...is not right, in my opinion. They wrote it like a movie, they shot it like a movie. Hence, it's a movie broken up into parts. They weren't thinking episodically, but rather of the whole. So regardless of whether it's on TV, as far as I'm concerned these aren't merely episodes, but one long movie in parts. It's not so much even about respecting Lynch/Frost's intentions as it is acknowledging their mindset in writing/directing it and why they call it what they do.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Could this 'THE RETURN' at the end of teasers, speculated to be S3's title, signify Coop's return to TP?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

I don't remember if someone from here posted it or if I found it online but this is a good interview with Michael Horse (Hawk)

A particular quote that I found interesting

"Speaking of the Twin Peaks police, Ontkean did not return for this 18-episode run. Was it a bit different not having him there and what would you say to fans who are worried the show won’t be the same without his presence?"

"All I’m going to tell the fans, I will guarantee you that you will not be disappointed (laughs). That’s a personal guarantee from the Hawk (laughs). Because we’re fans, we’re all fans, I’m a fan; and as I’m filming this thing, I’m filming it as a fan. I’m thinking to myself on the first day I wonder, will people be disappointed? Nooo. No (chuckles). And Mark’s insight into the character of the Hawk, it took off like it never left. Like I said, I forgot so much, it’s been 25 years but it’s like it happened yesterday. It’s been so long, but the minute I stepped back into it, it was like I never left."

While I know the chances of Ontkean making a surprise cameo are about 00000001% I find it interesting he completely danced around commenting on Ontkean. I wonder if he maybe came on set to visit. So maybe that's why he didn't or if I'm just reading into it which is entirety possibly as well.

Here's the full article if it wasn't all ready posted on here.

https://ihorror.com/deputy-hawk-a-twin- ... ael-horse/
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Soolsma wrote:Could this 'THE RETURN' at the end of teasers, speculated to be S3's title, signify Coop's return to TP?
That's my take as well. The show returns, the main character returns to the location as a major plot point. I've seen better taglines but I've seen a lot worse, and it's kind of old-fashioned in its own way...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:I don't remember if someone from here posted it or if I found it online but this is a good interview with Michael Horse (Hawk)

"Speaking of the Twin Peaks police, Ontkean did not return for this 18-episode run. Was it a bit different not having him there and what would you say to fans who are worried the show won’t be the same without his presence?"

"All I’m going to tell the fans, I will guarantee you that you will not be disappointed (laughs). That’s a personal guarantee from the Hawk (laughs). Because we’re fans, we’re all fans, I’m a fan; and as I’m filming this thing, I’m filming it as a fan. I’m thinking to myself on the first day I wonder, will people be disappointed? Nooo. No (chuckles). And Mark’s insight into the character of the Hawk, it took off like it never left. Like I said, I forgot so much, it’s been 25 years but it’s like it happened yesterday. It’s been so long, but the minute I stepped back into it, it was like I never left."

While I know the chances of Ontkean making a surprise cameo are about 00000001% I find it interesting he completely danced around commenting on Ontkean. I wonder if he maybe came on set to visit. So maybe that's why he didn't or if I'm just reading into it which is entirety possibly as well.

There is always a danger in over-interpreting. Believe me, I am an expert :-).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

mtwentz wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:I don't remember if someone from here posted it or if I found it online but this is a good interview with Michael Horse (Hawk)

True but I do find it odd how him and Kyle in separate interviews have danced around Michael's name. Maybe like I said he visited the set without appearing or maybe a miracle hail marry cameo of him will happen. Doubtful on both accounts but dare to dream right?
euclid
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by euclid »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
mtwentz wrote:

True but I do find it odd how him and Kyle in separate interviews have danced around Michael's name. Maybe like I said he visited the set without appearing or maybe a miracle hail marry cameo of him will happen. Doubtful on both accounts but dare to dream right?
Also keep in mind they are dancing around their non disclosure agreements!

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Maybe Mr Ontkean does a bunch of scenes playing Harry as a mysterious recluse living in Hawaii who telepathically talks to Hawk.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

Gabriel wrote:
Calderon wrote:For me this will always be Season 3. No matter how Showtime tries to mark it.
I kinda regard it as a separate entity, the same way the TV show is separate from the movie, but 'Season Three' makes an easy 'shorthand.'
And I keep my fingers crossed that Ray Wise will have an important part in the new season, but I fear he will only have a cameo.
Hopefully we'll learn why his shadow self in episode 29 said 'I did not kill anybody.'
Because the shadow self never did kill anyone. That would have been Leland. :)
We live inside a dream.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Gabriel wrote:Maybe Mr Ontkean does a bunch of scenes playing Harry as a mysterious recluse living in Hawaii who telepathically talks to Hawk.

Maybe Lynch does a paper mache of Frank Silva as Bob.....