NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by krishnanspace »

Mistertom wrote:I wishhhhhh showtime would schedule cinema screenings of the premier i would love to see it in the big screen !
Some the shots in the new Season look amazing!!Cinematography looks kickass
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Madeleine Ferguson wrote:
owlsseemrealtome wrote:I think there is a massive clue in this article considering the initial reordering of the titles on Showtime website. I also seem to recall Machen Amick saying that she didn't think what they had planned had happened before.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/t ... peaks.html
God, I hope this doesn't mean the episodes or 'parts' will be shown out of sequence... That would totally ruin the experience.
The article says nothing of the sort.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
Madeleine Ferguson

Post by Madeleine Ferguson »

djerdap wrote:
owlsseemrealtome wrote:I think there is a massive clue in this article considering the initial reordering of the titles on Showtime website. I also seem to recall Machen Amick saying that she didn't think what they had planned had happened before.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/t ... peaks.html
God, I hope this doesn't mean the episodes or 'parts' will be shown out of sequence... That would totally ruin the experience.
It's hinted at pretty heavily, if you read between the lines.
Watch out for my cousin
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

adl345 wrote:Cannes screening will be after the Showtime premiere, according to Showtime's PR person.

https://twitter.com/jfuentes/status/852503852532117505
Interesting that she dodged the question about whether screeners will be given in advance to journalists or not. I guess that this might have not been decided yet but maybe Lynch is adamant that everyone must tune in at the same time to experience the premiere.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

krishnanspace wrote:
Mistertom wrote:I wishhhhhh showtime would schedule cinema screenings of the premier i would love to see it in the big screen !
Nevins? That you? Why have you been pretending to be Indian all this time?
I'll see you in the trees
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

djerdap wrote:
It's hinted at pretty heavily, if you read between the lines.
I think it's more hinted at that the parts may be chaotic/fragmented enough to work out of order.

And to whoever used the shifting titles on Showtime's site as evidence of the episodes being shown out of order...there's no way the first two hours are shown out of order...they've specifically stated how long they worked on perfecting the first two hours.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Rainwater wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
Nevins? That you? Why have you been pretending to be Indian all this time?
OK so, I haven't been honest with you guys.
adl345
RR Diner Member

Post by adl345 »

Panapaok wrote:
adl345 wrote:Cannes screening will be after the Showtime premiere, according to Showtime's PR person.

Interesting that she dodged the question about whether screeners will be given in advance to journalists or not. I guess that this might have not been decided yet but maybe Lynch is adamant that everyone must tune in at the same time to experience the premiere.
And going further up in that thread, it seems "no screeners" has become the assumption among critics.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Panapaok »

adl345 wrote:
Panapaok wrote:

And going further up in that thread, it seems "no screeners" has become the assumption among critics.
Yeah. I'm happy with this, tbh. If Lynch intends to keep everyone in the dark until May 21st, then the journalists should be no exception.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

I doubt this thing about screening after the tv premiere to be true. Several outlets are reporting that it will screen in Cannes on the 21st. As such it is impossible for both things to be true. It would make little sense for Cannes to be the "re-run".
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

eyeboogers wrote:I doubt this thing about screening after the tv premiere to be true. Several outlets are reporting that it will screen in Cannes on the 21st. As such it is impossible for both things to be true. It would make little sense for Cannes to be the "re-run".
I was thinking maybe same time, somehow? How do the time zones work?
adl345
RR Diner Member

Post by adl345 »

eyeboogers wrote:I doubt this thing about screening after the tv premiere to be true. Several outlets are reporting that it will screen in Cannes on the 21st. As such it is impossible for both things to be true. It would make little sense for Cannes to be the "re-run".
You mind linking to one, because I can't find any that say that? When I google "Twin Peaks, cannes, may 21" I see a bunch of articles that say some variation of "Twin Peaks, which is set to premiere May 21 on Showtime, will screen at Cannes" but not any that give out a specific screening date. In fact, some even make a point of saying there's no confirmed date yet, like this one:

http://deadline.com/2017/04/cannes-film ... 202069183/
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

While I would still LOVE another or even a more complete teaser/trailer, I guess the "No Screeners" policy is a good thing, especially after the whole Game Of Thrones scenario...
That must hurt a lot, really.
raltenbach
Roadhouse Member

Post by raltenbach »

I hope the parts aren't screened too far in advance of the broadcast. Making it all the way to May 21st knowing nearly nothing of the series' content, then having major spoilers drop hours before the t.v. premier would be quite the bummer to me. Let's hope that Cannes can also "keep the mystery alive" as we have done here in recent times.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

LateReg wrote:
I was thinking maybe same time, somehow? How do the time zones work?
3 AM!
Very convenient for fellow Europeans who may or may not be planning to go to bed reeeal early that night to watch the simulcast: if they screen it a few hours in advance, we'll be snoring through it anyway. Spoiler-proof!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.