NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by LateReg »

Dalai Cooper wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:He's being Lynch about art. He's not seriously suggesting we watch them out of order.
I agree with the first sentence but not necessarily the second. I think there's a good chance he is seriously making that (playful) suggestion. Maybe this is an overly nice distinction, and to be clear I don't think he's shuffled the chapters or anything - I think the series will more or less follow the beats of frost's & his script, with whatever diversions and revisions along the way - but I wouldn't be surprised if once we've seen & absorbed the whole run a couple of times some of us might be inclined to Hopscotch the whole thing, and I think lynch is sincerely encouraging that.
I agree wholeheartedly. I think he's being Lynch about art, but I also think that, coming off of Mulholland Drive and especially Inland Empire, there's a very good chance you can view some of these parts out of order. Time out of joint. Pure conjecture based on his most recent works, and I'm not saying this new season is going to be like Inland Empire, or anything of the sort. Just that there's a chance the narrative may be fragmented so that it can be enjoyed out of order.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Driftwood wrote:Not even Lost ended up being a big elaborate puzzle where everything was a clue hinting at some significant thing.
Tell that to a die hard Lost fan. He/she might shoot you in the head.
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Tell that to a die hard Lost fan. He/she might shoot you in the head.
This is so great when combined with your avatar pic.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Saturn's child wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Tell that to a die hard Lost fan. He/she might shoot you in the head.
This is so great when combined with your avatar pic.
keatonshat
Roadhouse Member

Post by keatonshat »

Here's an interview with Sherilyn Fenn from Australian TV i believe yesterday. No real new info on the new series but there is a shot at around the 4:03 mark that i can't place at the moment, it may be unrelated to Lynch or TP but all the other clips they show during the interview are from Twin Peaks or FWWM

https://www.9now.com.au/today/2017/clip ... 450d415c25
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

keatonshat wrote:Here's an interview with Sherilyn Fenn from Australian TV i believe yesterday. No real new info on the new series but there is a shot at around the 4:03 mark that i can't place at the moment, it may be unrelated to Lynch or TP but all the other clips they show during the interview are from Twin Peaks or FWWM

Can't view that outside of Australia. Can you take a screenshot and post it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
keatonshat
Roadhouse Member

Post by keatonshat »

thedougpa wrote:
keatonshat wrote:Here's an interview with Sherilyn Fenn from Australian TV i believe yesterday. No real new info on the new series but there is a shot at around the 4:03 mark that i can't place at the moment, it may be unrelated to Lynch or TP but all the other clips they show during the interview are from Twin Peaks or FWWM

It may be unrelated to Lynch or Twin Peaks but who knows
Attachments
Sherilyn Interview.ts_snapshot_04.04_[2017.04.15_03.15.42].jpg
Sherilyn Interview.ts_snapshot_04.04_[2017.04.15_03.15.42].jpg (283.27 KiB) Viewed 7864 times
Sherilyn Interview.ts_snapshot_04.09_[2017.04.15_03.16.02].jpg
Sherilyn Interview.ts_snapshot_04.09_[2017.04.15_03.16.02].jpg (320.2 KiB) Viewed 7864 times
Sherilyn Interview.ts_snapshot_04.11_[2017.04.15_03.17.18].jpg
Sherilyn Interview.ts_snapshot_04.11_[2017.04.15_03.17.18].jpg (250.39 KiB) Viewed 7864 times
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Driftwood wrote:Not even Lost ended up being a big elaborate puzzle where everything was a clue hinting at some significant thing.
Not this die-hard Lost fan. I fully acknowledge, and enjoy, the messiness of it, and IMO the show fell down hardest in the final season when it worked to come up with pat resolutions and to tie certain mythology things up with a nice little bow (similar to the Waiter giving Coop gum in Episode 16 -- some things are better left ambiguous).
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

djerdap wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
Yep, the very one! There hasn't been a more telling hint at what we can expect from Coop in the next season than this, as far as I'm concerned...
It's weird how interpretations of the same thing can be different. I find it neither creepy nor do I think it will be representative of Cooper in this season. It's a simple promo video.
Oh, no, the music is very chirpy and Coop is his usual cheery self... His demeanor in the promo certainly couldn't have anything in common with how we last saw the character in the S2 finale. I wonder, is MacLachlan even alluding to his Cooper persona in the video?
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Driftwood wrote:You guys overthink this stuff. There was like 10 pages wondering if the "episode 0" thing was some super secret thing when it was clearly just a placeholder in the web code so they'd have a spot for parts 1&2 being aired together, and not just seperately. Kyle Maclachlan doing a coffee ad isn't a clue to anything. This is going to get even crazier when the actual show is out and everyone and their mother has some Fan Theory That Will Completely Change Everything about how the whole thing is some meaningless halluciation that only hints at The Real Story being events completely outside of the actual story they took the time to film and depict for no reason than for somebody to write an essay about and this characters t-shirt in this scene proves it all. I don't know if the tv show Lost just fried peoples brains or what. Not even Lost ended up being a big elaborate puzzle where everything was a clue hinting at some significant thing. No thing has been like that ever, because you'd have to be some kind of actual super genius who don't really exist outside fiction to map that all out and have it actually be interesting and not dumb or pointless in any way remotely. Somehow the internet, the sum of all mankinds knowledge, being available to more people than ever, seems to have just made conspiracy thinking more popular than ever. I'm pretty sure there's going to be weird and abstract things and metaphors in the twin peaks, but that you're going to be able to get what it's all about by just watching it and going by your feelings, not analyzing little background details for morse code cryptograms.
I haven't got a clue what you're on about, to be honest. I was simply describing certain actor's behavior in a certain promo video and interpreting it according to what we know about his character so far and what we might or might not expect to become of him (imagine my silliness, I actually thought it had something to do with Twin Peaks, but you're probably right, it was just a coffee add). From just where did you put together your "analysis" about conspiracies, hallucinations and whatnot is beyond me, but it seems you're the one jumping to conclusions and reaching, at that. And no, Lost hasn't "fried my brains", 'cause I haven't seen a single minute of it.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

LMAO I've just realised we're talking about the ad that actually isn't for twin peaks, has Kyle explicitly out of character and cheerful - I'd have been on board if we were talking about the actual promo material, which does appear to show an (at the least) ambiguously countenanced coop
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Yeah, it's just a coffee add. I guess whoever made it for whatever reason didn't even have a clue that TP is coming back. He just grabbed MacLachlan who happened to be strolling by and said, "Hey, slurp some coffee for me on camera and be as jolly about it as possible".
Last edited by Agent Earle on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Not this die-hard Lost fan. I fully acknowledge, and enjoy, the messiness of it, and IMO the show fell down hardest in the final season when it worked to come up with pat resolutions and to tie certain mythology things up with a nice little bow (similar to the Waiter giving Coop gum in Episode 16 -- some things are better left ambiguous).
I loved that gum scene. I laughed out loud when Leland stated, 'I know that gum, I used to chew it as a kid. That's my most favorite gum in the world."

By the way, does anyone know if they were referring to Clove Gum?

Edit: Mr. Reindeer, while I'll disagree with you on the gum, I'll state that I have never liked the attempt to explain 'scorched engine oil'. I always felt that needed no further explanation.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Well finally. Not all is lost (no pun intended)
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

keatonshat wrote:
thedougpa wrote:

It may be unrelated to Lynch or Twin Peaks but who knows
The last picture is def FWWM. Not familiar with the others.