NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
Agent Earle
Posts: 936
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:55 am

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby Agent Earle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:50 am

DonnieB wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
Mordeen wrote:Yep. And that's entirely possible because I heard a lot of "absolutely not in" comments from "folks," but with Ontkean, Graham, Bowie, Isaak and Sutherland the comments are "I'm not sure" or "I honestly don't know."


And let's not forget Michael Horse's "You won't be disappointed" reply when asked about the possible absence of Michael Ontkean in a pretty recent promo interview about the show.


That's not the context of the quote at all.




Oh, yes, it is.

INTERVIEWER: Speaking of the Twin Peaks police, Ontkean did not return for this 18-episode run. Was it a bit different not having him there and what would you say to fans who are worried the show won’t be the same without his presence?

MH: All I’m going to tell the fans, I will guarantee you that you will not be disappointed (laughs). That’s a personal guarantee from the Hawk (laughs).

LINK TO THE ENTIRE INTERVIEW: http://ihorror.com/deputy-hawk-a-twin-p ... ael-horse/
Last edited by Agent Earle on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
laughingpinecone
Posts: 725
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:45 am
Location: D'ni
Contact:

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby laughingpinecone » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:52 am

DonnieB, while the assumptions you are making about the relative importance of certain cast members are certainly grounded and sensible, they are based on what we know so far, ie a raindrop in an ocean.
Based on what we know, there is no reason to hide Sam's presence, but if you can't think of six scenarios that would make such a choice meaningful (...before breakfast, even), well, tough luck. Things are going to happen in these 18 hours and we don't know a single one of them. Few things are certain.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
User avatar
Dead Dog
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:25 am

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby Dead Dog » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:34 am

While I think it's possible we'll see Harry, Annie, or maybe even Josie, I can't imagine why they'd bring back Sam Stanley. He really means nothing to the mythos and if he were returning for some bizarre reason, why would it be a secret?
User avatar
eyeboogers
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby eyeboogers » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:47 am

Dead Dog wrote:While I think it's possible we'll see Harry, Annie, or maybe even Josie, I can't imagine why they'd bring back Sam Stanley. He really means nothing to the mythos and if he were returning for some bizarre reason, why would it be a secret?


Because it increases the likelihood that we'll be seeing/investigating Chester Desmond.
User avatar
eyeboogers
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby eyeboogers » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:49 am

Justin Theroux was recently asked by an interviewer whether he'd be part of "Twin Peaks":

You worked with David Lynch on Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire. Was there ever any talk of you doing something in the Twin Peaks revival, or did he not reach out to you about that?

THEROUX: No. I’d like to believe it’s because I was locked up doing The Leftovers and had a non-compete clause, but I never even got the call. Maybe he called, but I was busy doing this while they were shooting that. But, I would have loved to have done something.

http://collider.com/the-leftovers-season-3-justin-theroux-interview/#damon-lindelof
User avatar
Dead Dog
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:25 am

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby Dead Dog » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 am

eyeboogers wrote:
Dead Dog wrote:While I think it's possible we'll see Harry, Annie, or maybe even Josie, I can't imagine why they'd bring back Sam Stanley. He really means nothing to the mythos and if he were returning for some bizarre reason, why would it be a secret?


Because it increases the likelihood that we'll be seeing/investigating Chester Desmond.

I'm a huge fan of Chris Isaak's early music but I don't really care about what happened to Chet Desmond. But I can recognize that many fans may and, more importantly, Mr. Lynch might want to explore that. I'm just excited for new Lynch output. Whether it meets my expectations (highly unlikely, expectations are a bitch) it will still be glorious, no doubt.
User avatar
Dead Dog
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:25 am

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby Dead Dog » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:53 am

eyeboogers wrote:Justin Theroux was recently asked by an interviewer whether he'd be part of "Twin Peaks":

You worked with David Lynch on Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire. Was there ever any talk of you doing something in the Twin Peaks revival, or did he not reach out to you about that?

THEROUX: No. I’d like to believe it’s because I was locked up doing The Leftovers and had a non-compete clause, but I never even got the call. Maybe he called, but I was busy doing this while they were shooting that. But, I would have loved to have done something.

http://collider.com/the-leftovers-season-3-justin-theroux-interview/#damon-lindelof

I'd have loved to have seen Justin Theroux make an appearance, or even have an important role.
User avatar
Brad D
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:56 am
Contact:

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby Brad D » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:08 am

speaking of the cast list, and even though I don't care for the character, it's still unbelievable to me that Annie doesn't show up somehow.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2854
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:40 am

I feel like Graham's absence from the cast list is a bigger spoiler than her presence would be. Either she's dead and will be dispatched with in a line of dialogue (which would be supremely unsatisfying), or is going to be way more important to the core narrative of the season than most fans expected. The cliffhanger of season 2 is Coop's fate, not Annie's -- Annie just happened to be the subject of an iconic line that can be used as shorthand to sum up the cliffhanger. Let's be honest, most of us didn't particularly care how Annie was. But her absence from the cast list makes me extremely interested, particularly since TMP indicate that she survived and seemed to be in somewhat stable condition.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
krishnanspace
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 am

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby krishnanspace » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:44 am

https://earth.google.com/web/@47.525553 ... 199103t,0r
Welcome to Twin Peaks!Population 51,201
User avatar
Major Briggs
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:08 pm

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby Major Briggs » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:38 am

Agent Earle wrote:
DonnieB wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
And let's not forget Michael Horse's "You won't be disappointed" reply when asked about the possible absence of Michael Ontkean in a pretty recent promo interview about the show.


That's not the context of the quote at all.




Oh, yes, it is.

INTERVIEWER: Speaking of the Twin Peaks police, Ontkean did not return for this 18-episode run. Was it a bit different not having him there and what would you say to fans who are worried the show won’t be the same without his presence?

MH: All I’m going to tell the fans, I will guarantee you that you will not be disappointed (laughs). That’s a personal guarantee from the Hawk (laughs).

LINK TO THE ENTIRE INTERVIEW: http://ihorror.com/deputy-hawk-a-twin-p ... ael-horse/


Don't read too much into it or get your hopes high. He was probably mentioning a certain character that was revealed on the late Spoilers thread
Agent Earle
Posts: 936
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:55 am

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby Agent Earle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:25 am

Major Briggs wrote:
Don't read too much into it or get your hopes high. He was probably mentioning a certain character that was revealed on the late Spoilers thread


Well, I still find his avoiding the direct answer intriguing. And there's no reason for it in the case of this particular question, since Ontkean's name was already revealed to be missing from the official cast list by the time the interview was being conducted. But you could be right, it could be just me hearing the "answer" that I wanna hear because I still haven't come to terms with no-Ontkean's-Sheriff-Truman-in-S3 thing.
User avatar
madeleineferguson
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:25 am

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby madeleineferguson » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:32 am

Dead Dog wrote:While I think it's possible we'll see Harry, Annie, or maybe even Josie, I can't imagine why they'd bring back Sam Stanley. He really means nothing to the mythos and if he were returning for some bizarre reason, why would it be a secret?


A surprise appearance by Kiefer Sutherland would generate a ton of extra publicity for the show.
User avatar
Dead Dog
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:25 am

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Postby Dead Dog » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:50 am

madeleineferguson wrote:
Dead Dog wrote:While I think it's possible we'll see Harry, Annie, or maybe even Josie, I can't imagine why they'd bring back Sam Stanley. He really means nothing to the mythos and if he were returning for some bizarre reason, why would it be a secret?


A surprise appearance by Kiefer Sutherland would generate a ton of extra publicity for the show.

That's a really bad reason to do something like that, IMO.

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests