NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Snailhead »

I'm planning to watch the first 2 hours on the 21st, but I'm gonna play it by ear past that. If I'm absolutely wired, I'll probably dive into the whole thing that night, but I may be able to save the rest for the next day.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

IcedOver wrote:Have these various teasers actually been shown between programs on Showtime, the channel itself, or have they been released solely online?
I believe most, if not all, of them have been aired.
Snailhead wrote:I'm planning to watch the first 2 hours on the 21st, but I'm gonna play it by ear past that. If I'm absolutely wired, I'll probably dive into the whole thing that night, but I may be able to save the rest for the next day.
Ideally, I'd like to keep the other 2 hours for the next weekend, to not have to wait 2 entire weeks for new content, but I know that's not going to happen.
I'll see you in the trees
Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Post by Robot Butler »

I think we are going to spend the last week pointing and screaming at the countdown clock.

28 days!! OMG!!
Sidgwick
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sidgwick »

I'm taking the Monday off, staying awake til the wee hours (based in UK) with the aid of black coffee, and baking a cherry pie to stave off hunger. Tragically - or perhaps not, hopefully I'm in good company - I've already perfected the recipe to avoid disappointment. Happy to share here or via PM if there's interest.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Win tickets to the Premiere and After Party:

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_ite ... on-1285100
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

For those on the West Coast, if you are a cable subscriber (Spectrum Time Warner Cable) when you pay for a Showtime package, you get some ten channels or so, including Showtime East which airs according to East Coast schedule! That means you can watch TP on it at 6 PM PST, same time as the East Coast!
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

My parents called and said they missed me and were thinking of coming to visit me from the 20th to 24th of May. I was in the middle of saying that I missed them and would love for them to visit when I suddenly remembered something....

NO GODDAMN WAY. TWIN PEAKS RETURNS!!!!!!

I am such a bad son.
-23-
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I'm gonna watch the premiere with my parents, sister, and a few friends. I was initially gonna fly solo, but I think it'll be fun to share the experience. Especially considering that my parents used to watch it on air with me as a newborn and my dad introduced me to the show about ten years ago.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Esselgee wrote:Looks like the file box behind the Laura photo has a big X on the side of it. I guess that makes it an X-File!
I Believe that these box can be a box about laura palmer with documents of her life, death... Could be this the motive for reopening the case of laura palmer.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Looks like "W" magazine is going to have some sort of Twin Peaks Femme Fatale issue soon.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

I asked for the 22nd off a couple days ago. I am still undecided if I'm gonna watch the premiere alone or not. If not, there's 1 buddy of mine who is almost as big a TP fan as me, I'd watch it with him but there aren't many other people I'd trust to watch it with that would pay absolute attention and not try talking or getting distracted :shock:
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I will have landed in Stockholm from Australia the day before the premiere, then it actually happens sometime in the early hours of the morning. I have a meeting all day that Monday. I'm hoping that jet lag wakes me up at 5am so I can at least see part 1.

The team I'm meeting with are all big TV fans though. Our meeting last year was the 6th meeting, so I insisted that we a have a group viewing of the first episode of The Prisoner (and I even tried to book Portmerion for the meeting, but it was predictably astronomical in the expense department). At least one other team member has already requested that we cancel the first day to watch Twin Peaks :-D
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

Who's coming over to my house?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

mtsi wrote:Who's coming over to my house?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Can i? :D
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

I plan to wait until all the episodes are released, and then watch them in reverse.

I wonder if I'll uncover a secret message from MJA.