NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

polishq
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by polishq »

underthefan wrote:Meanwhile, there is a rumor online that FWWM is getting a Criterion release...

https://twitter.com/DeusExCinema/status ... 2848728066
I'm convinced!
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

polishq wrote:
underthefan wrote:Meanwhile, there is a rumor online that FWWM is getting a Criterion release...

I'm convinced!
I know, I know. No proof yet. But there are more sources online saying the same thing, and from people who are really good at guessing these. And the rights to the movie are apparently reverting to Janus Films. I guess we'll see...
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

underthefan wrote:
polishq wrote:

I'm convinced!
I know, I know. No proof yet. But there are more sources online saying the same thing, and from people who are really good at guessing these. And the rights to the movie are apparently reverting to Janus Films. I guess we'll see...
No, I really am!
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I'm only interested if Lynch does a script to screen director's cut with the missing pieces inserted.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

TWIN PEAKS, the 18-hour limited event series will debut with a two-hour premiere on Sunday, May 21 at 9PM ET/PT.
HOURS=PARTS ?? :lol:
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yes please.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Sidgwick
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sidgwick »

There's something extremely unnerving in the top floor of the Palmer house. To the right.
Tony Franciosa

Post by Tony Franciosa »

Sidgwick wrote:There's something extremely unnerving in the top floor of the Palmer house. To the right.
a lamp? I'm not seeing it.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

polishq wrote:
underthefan wrote:
polishq wrote:
I'm convinced!
No, I really am!
LOL. I thought you were making fun of me, not unwarranted. :lol:
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I love Criterion but I'm not sure what they can get for another Blu-Ray release that surpasses the full treatment it was given on the Entire Mystery. I'd kill for a commentary from Sheryl Lee or Ray Wise, or Robert Engels, or assorted cast.

That said, Lynch would have nothing to do with a commentary track - didn't he also make sure all the recorded audio commentaries for the old TP Season 2 box set were stripped out, because he didn't care for the ones on the Season 1 set (done by various writers and directors)?* He just doesn't like audiences having that kind of narrative running with the film, I guess.

(* - speaking of, I would also kill for a link to any and all of those S1/2 commentaries)
Last edited by N. Needleman on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Ross wrote:
Driftwood wrote:how is the finale airing with two back to back parts on the 3rd of september if there are 18 parts in total, the math ain't adding up there.
I'm guessing there is week it won't air- possibly July 4th weekend.
I hope you're right- that is the Sunday I will be on vacation and out of range of television.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I'll buy it if it fixes some of the color grading issues.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

N. Needleman wrote:I love Criterion but I'm not sure what they can get for another Blu-Ray release that surpasses the full treatment it was given on the Entire Mystery. I'd kill for a commentary from Sheryl Lee or Ray Wise, or Robert Engels, or assorted cast.

That said, Lynch would have nothing to do with a commentary track - didn't he also make sure all the recorded audio commentaries for the old TP Season 2 box set were stripped out, because he didn't care for the ones on the Season 1 set (done by various writers and directors)?* He just doesn't like audiences having that kind of narrative running with the film, I guess.

(* - speaking of, I would also kill for a link to any and all of those S1/2 commentaries)
You're right, there won't be a commentary track, but there may be new interviews/documentaries, and some theorize it may be released along with the new Lynch documentary (which is also a Janus FIlms release). I actually thought the video quality of the film left a lot to be desired (even though it was better than previous editions), and it was way too overexposed and the colors were off. Seeing the film on 35mm a couple of times just this year told me the film could have a much better transfer.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Ross wrote:

Yep, you just beat me to it, Ross. I mean, I would buy it anyway cause I'm a FWWM fanatic, but you're absolutely right.
G42.2
Roadhouse Member

Post by G42.2 »

Ross wrote:

That'd be good but I'd buy it regardless just to have FWWM encased within gorgeous new Criterion packaging and design.... as opposed to having it trapped in an admittedly flimsy sleeve in an awkwardly shaped box that juts out a bit amongst my other blurays...