NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Agent Earle »

StrangerDanger wrote: - I want the Ed - Nadine - Norma love triangle to have been resolved, preferably with a bigamous setup, because it's not good that Nadine was cheated on, but l really understand how the White Knight in us rushes into a situation so as not to hurt a person's feelings e.g. Ed agreeing to marry Nadine.
Maybe Big Ed has resolved the situation by havin' his own private little harem goin'... I mean, with runnin' a small-town gas station, how occupied can you be??? :D Either that or he's devoted his spare time to The Bookhouse Boys revival!
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Mace wrote:TP Fan #1 "Hey did you see last night's episode of Twin Peaks? That last part was amazing!"

TP Fan #2 "Um, dude, get your Season 3 terminology straight. You should have said, 'The last scene of last night's part was amazing."

TP Fan #3 "Hey, its not called 'Season 3', it's called 'Twin Peaks: The Return'"

All in good fun. :D
LOL!
I guess the situation is somewhat less tangled in my country due to the language, as we use an equivalent of the word "part" to name the segments of a show. It's not like the word "episode" is nonexistent or obsolete, but "part" is used just as often, if not more. And since "episode" came into general use, I'd say, during the last decade and a half (with the advent of Internet and Golden-Age TV), I'm remembering that back when the "old" TP was airing, we referred to its segments exclusively as "parts".
Last edited by Agent Earle on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Mordeen wrote: Roadhouse: not just a Family Guy joke anymore. And James stomping that puddle makes me smile. Welcome home, Bookhouse Boy.
Waitaminute! James? That can't be just speculation, right? Of course, I know you can't answer... :)
Last edited by Agent Earle on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Sorry for my confusing posts. I was trying to count the number of "entities", as they will appear/will be presented to us, by Showtime, in this very first run. That parts 1&2 will be aired as one entity, 120 mins, without breaks, and the same with parts 17&18. Hope I got at least that right (2x60 mins on the opening night would be a bit of a downer if that's the case).
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Driftwood wrote:can't believe there are people who actually wanted a split season. actually want to drag this torture out any farther
You could look at it that way.. Or maybe they want to, you know.. savor (what everyone hopes will be) an amazing experience? I could ask you, why do you want it to be over as quickly as possible?
I'll see you in the trees
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Something I Made :D
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

It would be interesting to see a FWWM "director's cut," but I think Lynch has expressed dislike for such things. I believe in reference to BV, he said his "cut" is the edit with the enforced two-hour runtime, and that whatever was cut is great and deserves to be released but doesn't belong in the film. I imagine he feels the same about FWWM. If he'd wanted to assemble a "supercut," he certainly had the opportunity on the Blu Ray and chose not to do so.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

bob_wooler wrote:Sorry for my confusing posts. I was trying to count the number of "entities", as they will appear/will be presented to us, by Showtime, in this very first run. That parts 1&2 will be aired as one entity, 120 mins, without breaks, and the same with parts 17&18. Hope I got at least that right (2x60 mins on the opening night would be a bit of a downer if that's the case).
It's not one entity. They are two separate episodes airing on the same night. Just like they did with Episodes 28/29 back in 1991
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

Mistertom wrote:How is this so confusing ? I honestly think the episode count is one of the least confusing or mysterious parts of this project.

It's 18 hours long
We get the first four hours on premier night via broadcast and streaming
We get the last two hours on finale night.

They have stated that parts 1 and 2 air on premier night with the option to watch 3 and 4 the same night via on demand and streaming .

Parts 3 and 4 will air back to back the following week.

Can this be put to rest already ?
Agreed
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:It would be interesting to see a FWWM "director's cut," but I think Lynch has expressed dislike for such things. I believe in reference to BV, he said his "cut" is the edit with the enforced two-hour runtime, and that whatever was cut is great and deserves to be released but doesn't belong in the film. I imagine he feels the same about FWWM. If he'd wanted to assemble a "supercut," he certainly had the opportunity on the Blu Ray and chose not to do so.
I totally agree with your take on this. The only outside shot I see of Lynch assembling something new for Criterion is that while working on the new series some ideas came to him about what had already passed, and he finally got the urge to edit the missing pieces into the film. Unlikely, of course.
moonmadness76

Post by moonmadness76 »

Getting an Eraserhead vibe from the boot in the puddle - the way the feet step so directly, almost comically so, into the puddle. Wonder if stepping in puddles holds any significance for Lynch.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Nice job Krishnanspace
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

moonmadness76 wrote:Getting an Eraserhead vibe from the boot in the puddle - the way the feet step so directly, almost comically so, into the puddle. Wonder if stepping in puddles holds any significance for Lynch.
Waiting for someone to write an essay on this.
I'll see you in the trees
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

If Criterion is releasing FWWM I think the DC chances are zero.
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:If Criterion is releasing FWWM I think the DC chances are zero.
Which is a shame since Lynch has previously mentioned wanting to go back and do one.
-23-