NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Brad D »

Cmon guys, Louie from the Great Northern is in the cast list. I wouldn't sweat it.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Brad D wrote:Cmon guys, Louie from the Great Northern is in the cast list. I wouldn't sweat it.
Not sweating it but just thought it was interesting it wasn't featured as well as my suspicion that the Horne's won't play a huge role in the new show, particularly Ben.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Brad D wrote:Cmon guys, Louie from the Great Northern is in the cast list. I wouldn't sweat it.
I'm sure you're right that we'll see it. Do you think Logan will be playing Louie? Or another character?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

They did use it here:
IMG_1170.JPG
IMG_1170.JPG (133.23 KiB) Viewed 10679 times
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:This hasn't been discussed. Does anyone wonder why the waterfall and the Great Northern aren't in the promo? I'm sure they won't be as focal to the return as they were in the original but that doesn't change the fact that I found their absence suspicious.
The waterfall appears in the drone shot and in the promo with the cast interviews. The Great Northern appears in the EPK.

EPK?
https://www.google.com/search?q=epk#q=define+epk

http://sho-pr.com/epk/twinpeaks/
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Ross wrote:
I'm sure you're right that we'll see it. Do you think Logan will be playing Louie? Or another character?
Great question. Seems like Bellina Logan had an asterisk on the cast list, indicating she was a returning cast member whereas Matt Battaglia did not. Both minor roles, but my guess is she is Louie.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:This hasn't been discussed. Does anyone wonder why the waterfall and the Great Northern aren't in the promo? I'm sure they won't be as focal to the return as they were in the original but that doesn't change the fact that I found their absence suspicious.
Not really, the focus is on the town proper and we've seen plenty of those two locations already so idk why that'd be suspicious.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Twink Peaks wrote:
Noidea wrote:
keatonshat wrote:
i think there was a version of the tree footage in an Australian promo that doesnt have the text
Yes, Stan has posted several short teaser versions of their own. You can see them on their Facebook page. Most of them are fairly lame but the one with the trees had a slowed down version of the nightingale playing. There's another odd one of a ceiling fan speeding up.
https://twitter.com/StanAustralia/statu ... 7970074626
:D
There's several essential locations that weren't a part of this teaser; The Great Northern/waterfalls, the (burnt down) Mill, Sparkwood and 21, Ronette's bridge, Glastonbury Grove etc. My guess is we're getting a location teaser #2, and then the character teasers will follow.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I think they only showed places that have a significant effect on the story
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

krishnanspace wrote:I think they only showed places that have a significant effect on the story
Feels like speculation. I would hope Glastounbury Grove plays a big part in the show. I'm not sure what to expect out of the Great Northern.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Just realized I need to get started fast on a binge-rewatch if I intend to rewatch the whole show (for like the 30th time) plus FWWM before the new series starts. I wasn't going to do it yet again since I know so much of it by heart, but it's been about six to nine months at least since my last go-round, and I figure I should have it fresh in my mind in order to adequately compare and contrast.

I can't believe I'm now trying to beat the clock against a new season of Twin Peaks. It still doesn't feel totally real. Thanks to the utter lack of footage it still feels kind of like a dream-thing. As both Jerry and I have intimated before, four straight hours of a new Peaks with no trailer prep may send us both into something akin to insulin shock. I'm actually a little desperate for one now because I have no idea how I'll deal with it.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

N. Needleman wrote:Just realized I need to get started fast on a binge-rewatch if I intend to rewatch the whole show (for like the 30th time) plus FWWM before the new series starts. I wasn't going to do it yet again since I know so much of it by heart, but it's been about six to nine months at least since my last go-round, and I figure I should have it fresh in my mind in order to adequately compare and contrast.

I can't believe I'm now trying to beat the clock against a new season of Twin Peaks. It still doesn't feel totally real. Thanks to the utter lack of footage it still feels kind of like a dream-thing. As both Jerry and I have intimated before, four straight hours of a new Peaks with no trailer prep may send us both into something akin to insulin shock. I'm actually a little desperate for one now because I have no idea how I'll deal with it.
I'm making my rewatch a little easier by only watching the Lynch-directed eps, plus the movie and the Missing Pieces. I'm thinking that will better help me prepare for the tone of the new material. If I have time I'll throw in Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire for some additional Lynchiness.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I think I need it all in order to properly immerse myself in the world of the show and analyze its continuity of story and character from the end of the series and FWWM into the new show - I intend to wrap the finale and FWWM within a day or two of 5/21. It's not just Lynch in the mix, it's Frost as well as the now-departed Peyton and Engels.

I will also be rewatching MD and BV for the first time in too long sometime in the next week or two.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Was that just a new promo on Showtime (before Guerilla)?

It was just the camera moving towards the high school trophy case to zoom in on Laura's photo. It had to be footage from the original series, I assume.

Nevermind. Looks like it was this one:
Last edited by Esselgee on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Post by Robot Butler »

I've watched from beginning to end about four times in the past two years. I think I've got it.

I still skip to a few of the most iconic moments now and then just for fun.