NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by LateReg »

eyeboogers wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Just look at shows that drag on too long- Lost being a prime example (although I know some people who liked every minute of Lost- but a lot of us thought it would have been much better as a two or three season show.)
There is a great difference between having to put out 22 episodes per year indefinitely vs. making a limited series/one off project whenever the creators come up with a great idea.
True, and I think we'd all welcome another great idea. But from the sound of it, this is a closed series. I want to believe that every great idea went into making these 18 hours the perfect length for telling this story. Nothing held back. Nothing dangling just in case. Just the story that needs to be told in the best way possible. If they have more Peaks ideas after this, so be it, great, I'm all for it.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I have a couple friends who hate Mulholland Drive. I remember being very frustrated and unsure of it when I saw it the first time, but the second viewing was extraordinary.
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

Snailhead wrote:I have a couple friends who hate Mulholland Drive. I remember being very frustrated and unsure of it when I saw it the first time, but the second viewing was extraordinary.
I like MD, but think it's very overrated. I always felt that TP is the key work of Lynch. His episodes and FWWM are just staggering.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Snailhead wrote:I have a couple friends who hate Mulholland Drive. I remember being very frustrated and unsure of it when I saw it the first time, but the second viewing was extraordinary.
I went on a first date to see MD. Absolutely mortifying with some of the sex scenes lol.

Back to the trailer - there's a lot of red and green in it. Interesting colour choices and tones. Also, how pale does Coop look? Like he's not seen the sun for about 25 years!
Last edited by Venus on Thu May 04, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

I am very surprised to find out that people (and on this forum!) do not like MD. Aparantly, even fans of TP appreciate very different elements of the show.

For me, watching MD is one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. For me, it is without a doubt, the greatest movie in the history of cinema. Pure perfection from start to finish. Every second of the movie is more exciting than basically everything else I've done with my life.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Rhodes wrote:I am very surprised to find out that people (and on this forum!) do not like MD. Aparantly, even fans of TP appreciate very different elements of the show.

For me, watching MD is one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. For me, it is without a doubt, the greatest movie in the history of cinema. Pure perfection from start to finish. Every second of the movie is more exciting than basically everything else I've done with my life.
The funny thing is, the critics loved MD- I think it's mostly a sector of Lynch fans that do not like it.

I did not like it the first time, but have really liked it on subsequent viewings- especially the Cowboy and Club Silencio. Those are scenes that really stand out.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Venus wrote:
I went on a first date to see MD. Absolutely mortifying with some of the sex scenes lol.
Oh my! Was there a second date?
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

For me personally it's my favorite of the Lynch films I've seen

I'd rank them

Mulholland Drive
Fire Walk With Me
Blue Velvet
Wild at Heart
Lost Highway
Inland Empire
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Snailhead wrote:
Venus wrote:
Oh my! Was there a second date?
I went on a second date to see Blue Velvet actually. Was first time seeing it for both of us. Not a smart move.. lol
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

Saw this thread on Reddit. Someone identified the market Sarah Palmer is in
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

mtwentz wrote:
Rhodes wrote:I am very surprised to find out that people (and on this forum!) do not like MD. Aparantly, even fans of TP appreciate very different elements of the show.

The funny thing is, the critics loved MD- I think it's mostly a sector of Lynch fans that do not like it.

I did not like it the first time, but have really liked it on subsequent viewings- especially the Cowboy and Club Silencio. Those are scenes that really stand out.
On a scene by scene basis I think it often works brilliantly; I just don't like it as a whole.
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:

For me personally it's my favorite of the Lynch films I've seen

I'd rank them

Mulholland Drive
Fire Walk With Me
Blue Velvet
Wild at Heart
Lost Highway
Inland Empire
I have the same ranking (roughly) as you ! Except I'd sneak the elephant man in between wild at heart and lost highway, and eraser head in between lost highway and inland empire.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Shloogorgh wrote:Saw this thread on Reddit. Someone identified the market Sarah Palmer is in
That's awesome! Thanks for that!
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Shloogorgh wrote:Saw this thread on Reddit. Someone identified the market Sarah Palmer is in
I can just imagine TP fans going there and trying to recreate that Sarah scene.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Esselgee wrote:
I can just imagine TP fans going there and trying to recreate that Sarah scene.
I am already planning for a sad selfie in the liquor aisle! :lol: