NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

REdKing
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by REdKing »

My wife and I are having a group of six friends over. Eight of us is about all we can fit in our living room with proper viewing sight lines. Red table cloth with a chevron runner down the center. Coffee pot, donut stacks, cherry pie, butter and Brie sandwich bites, roadhouse beer of some sort, RR diner menus photoshopped out of the Secret History and laminated, plastic sheriff's badges, plastic eye patches, and blue rose decoration. Recap chat and brief trivia before, then settle in for the show. I know, it's risky with a crew, but I took off the 22nd for a rewatch and online discussion in the proper threads, will have to wait until that night to watch parts 3 & 4 with my wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

REdKing wrote:My wife and I are having a group of six friends over. Eight of us is about all we can fit in our living room with proper viewing sight lines. Red table cloth with a chevron runner down the center. Coffee pot, donut stacks, cherry pie, butter and Brie sandwich bites, roadhouse beer of some sort, RR diner menus photoshopped out of the Secret History and laminated, plastic sheriff's badges, plastic eye patches, and blue rose decoration. Recap chat and brief trivia before, then settle in for the show. I know, it's risky with a crew, but I took off the 22nd for a rewatch and online discussion in the proper threads, will have to wait until that night to watch parts 3 & 4 with my wife.

Sounds terrific, but no garmonbozia?

(Would also love to hear if anyone attempts Jerry's deranged "entire head"' recipe from Episode 8 -- as closely as it can be approximated/guessed based on what we hear!)
misterroundheels

Post by misterroundheels »

I'll probably go to the all-day premiere party at the bar/theater Videology in Brooklyn, but leave early enough so that I can watch it more intimately at my place, maybe with a friend or two.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

I am definitely watching it alone - no phones, no computer, no Twitter, no Dugpa, no Facebook, absolutely nothing - just me, myself, some cherry pie, coffee, candles, and atmosphere - so that I can immerse myself entirely into this world and prevent anyone or anything from distracting me. In fact, I may even turn off my phone, for once! :lol:
REdKing
Roadhouse Member

Post by REdKing »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
REdKing wrote:My wife and I are having a group of six friends over. Eight of us is about all we can fit in our living room with proper viewing sight lines. Red table cloth with a chevron runner down the center. Coffee pot, donut stacks, cherry pie, butter and Brie sandwich bites, roadhouse beer of some sort, RR diner menus photoshopped out of the Secret History and laminated, plastic sheriff's badges, plastic eye patches, and blue rose decoration. Recap chat and brief trivia before, then settle in for the show. I know, it's risky with a crew, but I took off the 22nd for a rewatch and online discussion in the proper threads, will have to wait until that night to watch parts 3 & 4 with my wife.

Sounds terrific, but no garmonbozia?

(Would also love to hear if anyone attempts Jerry's deranged "entire head"' recipe from Episode 8 -- as closely as it can be approximated/guessed based on what we hear!)
Creamed corn, eh? Since the question was asked, I've already had to consider two menu additions--smoked cheese pig (smoked Gouda and a cookie cutter?) and garmanbozia. Hmm. Maybe just an unopened can sitting there. This is good. Oh! And a cheese log, right?

Last edited by REdKing on Fri May 05, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brett

Post by brett »

Everyone's plans sounds so great. The food ideas are a blast. I totally forgot about the idea of donuts. I've got a donut pan that would be a great fit. Maybe chocolate donuts with vanilla icing in a chevron pattern? I'll need something to do to keep busy until 9pm.

Mordeen: that's a real Sophie's Choice situation you've got there. I don't envy that decision at all!
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

I plan on baking a cherry pie , I'm going to get a dozen donuts , brew a pot of black coffee and lock myself in my room. Shut the cell off , and just immerse myself . I cannot wait !
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

It'll be 2 AM here in the UK (I think?) so it'll be a late one...

nice though I suppose - very dark, very quiet! I think I'll avoid the coffee and cherry pie though because I can never properly eat and watch stuff at the same time! I'll have a Peaks themed dinner/pudding the night before.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Mistertom wrote:I plan on baking a cherry pie , I'm going to get a dozen donuts , brew a pot of black coffee and lock myself in my room. Shut the cell off , and just immerse myself . I cannot wait !
My man! :D
GoodMorningAmerica
Roadhouse Member

Post by GoodMorningAmerica »

As much as I love coffee, I can't drink it at night, so I've acquired a bottle of Kyle MacLachlan's finest Pursued by Bear wine for this very special occasion. I'll be sitting alone in a dark room with a glass of good Washington State wine, screaming and crying.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

GoodMorningAmerica wrote:As much as I love coffee, I can't drink it at night, so I've acquired a bottle of Kyle MacLachlan's finest Pursued by Bear wine for this very special occasion. I'll be sitting alone in a dark room with a glass of good Washington State wine, screaming and crying.
Oh yeah, I left the "screaming, crying, and shaking" part in between the lines... Best to have a box of Kleenex at the ready!
Fashion Suicide
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fashion Suicide »

I'm gonna watch it alone too, in total darkness and crank the volume to the max. It'll be late at night, but for once i'm not gonna give even a tiny fuck about my uptight neighbors. I imagine all sense of time will just disappear through those 4 hours, in fact, i think it's gonna be quite like being in the lodge. Hopefully the white.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

I've learned to bake donuts specifically for this occasion but... at 3AM? I'll have to look up if it's possible to stuff the leavened dough in the fridge so all that's left to do is fry them.
One thing's for sure: coffee. Handy thing, at 3AM.

(ditto for the following episodes, which I'll watch around 8 in the morning)
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Me and my friends are gonna get coffee and cherry pie!Also we have arranged a projector :D
diegojavs

Post by diegojavs »

DirkG wrote:Ever since I heard that Lynch chose the Amira over the Alexa, and saw those first few environmental shots, I've had this suspicious feeling that he was aiming for a documentary style digital look (not that I know much at all about cameras but I heard the Amira's popular among documentary filmmakers).

I've been one of the most zealous proponents of the film look of the original on this board but I really like the honesty of this picture. They're not trying to pretend that digital is something it isn't. I have a feeling it will contribute to the realness and could very well help us get under the skin of the characters better (it's almost like I'm already experiencing that effect). I really like it and I'm really looking forward to the end result.
According to IMDB, 3 different cameras were used:
Attachments
specs.png
specs.png (56.24 KiB) Viewed 9880 times