NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

merryweather

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by merryweather »

Hello everyone. Longtime listener, first time caller, etc.

Like a lot of you, I first caught Twin Peaks when I was slightly too young to 'get' it on its first airing here in the UK, and have been re-watching, obsessing, having nightmares about BOB, and quietly hoping for 'The Return' ever since. Now, though, when I visit this website, that countdown clock at the top of the page has a strange double-meaning for me, since my wife is due to give birth to our second child (hopefully not in a lift in front of god and everybody) on May 22nd.

So, come 2a.m. on the morning in question, I'll either be sat up late with a strong coffee and my brother, who's flying in from abroad specially to watch the premiere together (and, OK, to meet his new niece/nephew) . . . or at the hospital, welcoming our new baby into the world. Either way, it's going to be a pretty remarkable day.
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

I just watched the last two teasers projected in HD with my home projector (1080p) THEY LOOK AMAZING!!! :shock: :D :twisted:
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

merryweather wrote:So, come 2a.m. on the morning in question, I'll either be sat up late with a strong coffee and my brother, who's flying in from abroad specially to watch the premiere together (and, OK, to meet his new niece/nephew) . . . or at the hospital, welcoming our new baby into the world. Either way, it's going to be a pretty remarkable day.
This is my favorite new member introduction ever - no contest.

Congratulations, Merryweather! That's a beautiful coincidence. Here's hoping one day you'll sit that young person down, when it's appropriate, and create another generation of Peaks Freaks.
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

merryweather wrote:Hello everyone. Longtime listener, first time caller, etc.

Like a lot of you, I first caught Twin Peaks when I was slightly too young to 'get' it on its first airing here in the UK, and have been re-watching, obsessing, having nightmares about BOB, and quietly hoping for 'The Return' ever since. Now, though, when I visit this website, that countdown clock at the top of the page has a strange double-meaning for me, since my wife is due to give birth to our second child (hopefully not in a lift in front of god and everybody) on May 22nd.

So, come 2a.m. on the morning in question, I'll either be sat up late with a strong coffee and my brother, who's flying in from abroad specially to watch the premiere together (and, OK, to meet his new niece/nephew) . . . or at the hospital, welcoming our new baby into the world. Either way, it's going to be a pretty remarkable day.
Interesting way to top the premiere! :D Even more wonderful and strange. Good luck with the birth and also to a preferable timing of it all.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jerry Horne wrote:I've started to wonder recently if the new series is going to change how we view the older one. If the new series is mind blowing and game changing, will the first two seasons seem antiquated and clunky?
I've been thinking that the new series will be like Fire Walk With Me, not necessarily in tone or look or anything, but in that it will reveal the reality of what is going on rather than the quirky, fun fantasy of the original TV series. If that's the case, then this seemingly more somber, more "real" series could certainly go a long ways toward changing how we see the original series. Not necessarily in an antiquated light, but in a way that makes the original series seem like it is quirkier or more innocent or concerned with hiding the truth because the town itself was still more innocent at the time. It could provide a neat trajectory.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

It'd only enhance it in my eyes just like FWWM enhanced it and vice versa.
merryweather

Post by merryweather »

Thanks for the kind words up there! Now, back to the matter at hand . . .
Jerry Horne wrote:I've started to wonder recently if the new series is going to change how we view the older one. If the new series is mind blowing and game changing, will the first two seasons seem antiquated and clunky?
I've wondered this too. In the same way as how, for me – and I realise this might be sacrilegious for some – parts of Seinfeld feel a bit . . . tame in a post-Curb Your Enthusiasm world.

Meanwhile, that Johnny Jewel track listing has got me wondering lots of things, not least the fact of the first track being called 'Television Snow'. Are we in for another FWWM-style opening?
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

So, I'm foregoing the food but plan on getting a gram, both to stay up (I'm in the UK) and in homage to Laura.

(Just kidding).
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I hope Cooper can somehow kick Bob's ass this time out. Maddy's death still pees me off.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:I hope Cooper can somehow kick Bob's ass this time out. Maddy's death still pees me off.
If BoB is still there in the new Season,I wonder how will he be defeated?We dont know about any of his weaknesses or maybe it will be a psychological fight
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

krishnanspace wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:I hope Cooper can somehow kick Bob's ass this time out. Maddy's death still pees me off.
If BoB is still there in the new Season,I wonder how will he be defeated?We dont know about any of his weaknesses or maybe it will be a psychological fight
Good question. The psychological and the supernatural are knotted in Lynch's world, so somehow fear, pain, and suffering need to be stopped. Bob needs to be starved of his pleasures, his corn. ;)

The answer for Lynch is always love.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Meanwhile, that Johnny Jewel track listing has got me wondering lots of things, not least the fact of the first track being called 'Television Snow'. Are we in for another FWWM-style opening?
The Johnny Jewel track is beautiful. It's really mournful. Him and The Chromatics killed it on the Drive soundtrack. Can't wait to hear what more they have to offer.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

mlsstwrt wrote:So, I'm foregoing the food but plan on getting a gram, both to stay up (I'm in the UK) and in homage to Laura.

(Just kidding).
Aw, I was looking forward to reading your frantically-typed theories at 4:01am
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

krishnanspace wrote:
Nah. Here's some leaked footage of Coop fighting Bob, the sheer brutality; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hxmv3RYaVM
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

Dalai Cooper wrote:
mlsstwrt wrote:So, I'm foregoing the food but plan on getting a gram, both to stay up (I'm in the UK) and in homage to Laura.

(Just kidding).
Aw, I was looking forward to reading your frantically-typed theories at 4:01am
Well I AM determined to stay up and I don't drink coffee so if that's what it takes....... :lol:

More seriously though I don't think staying up for us Brits is going to be too hard. I've struggled to stay up to watch boxing matches, etc but the only problem I'll have on May 21/22 is keeping my heart rate down. Am going to be actually shaking once it starts.