NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by krishnanspace »

Rudagger wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:I hope Cooper can somehow kick Bob's ass this time out. Maddy's death still pees me off.
If BoB is still there in the new Season,I wonder how will he be defeated?We dont know about any of his weaknesses or maybe it will be a psychological fight
Nah. Here's some leaked footage of Coop fighting Bob, the sheer brutality; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hxmv3RYaVM
Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.
That was too violent :D
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

the teaser is amazing! :D

For the second time though we have a road surrounded by darkness and you cannot see what is ahead....Seems like this is Lynch&Frost saying that TP fans are entering something and absolutely have no idea what to expect...since we have no idea what to expect :D :D
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Twink Peaks wrote:smells like a plot :D

https://twitter.com/SHO_TwinPeaks/statu ... 9414077441
I think it's just a reference to what Coop says to Albert in Episode 3.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Eater of Iguanas wrote:Well, I got a nice little present tonight when attending BAM Rose Cinemas, the great arthouse/repertory theater in the Brooklyn Academy of Music. During ads before the film (ugh, remember when they didn't have those?), one clip started with the familiar green and brown lettering coming up on a black screen, reading "Before Men Were Mad," and I sat up straight and I think I actually muttered, "No way!" It continued in that vein for a few more iterations... "Before Thrones Played Games," "Before Bad Was Broken," etc. Then the theme came up and "Twin Peaks" and "new episodes starting Sunday, May 21..." etc., ending with the familiar "Sho" logo and that faint backwards "zzzup" sound like all the teasers so far.
Has anyone else seen this? It sounds kinda tacky -- while TP was undeniably an influence on many modern auteur-show runners (Weiner has said as much, and I think Gilligan has too), it's kind of lazy to trade on that. It also feels distinctly un-Lynchian. Still, it's nice to hear they're advertising in theaters. Just wish they'd show something like the "familiar faces"' teaser instead.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Sat May 06, 2017 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 7.42.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 7.42.05 AM.png (164.89 KiB) Viewed 8763 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Post by mlsstwrt »

Jerry Horne wrote:...
I'm sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere in the thread but does anybody know if UK viewers will have any option to see 3 & 4 right after 1 & 2 (e.g. Sky Box Office)?
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Eater of Iguanas wrote:Well, I got a nice little present tonight when attending BAM Rose Cinemas, the great arthouse/repertory theater in the Brooklyn Academy of Music. During ads before the film (ugh, remember when they didn't have those?), one clip started with the familiar green and brown lettering coming up on a black screen, reading "Before Men Were Mad," and I sat up straight and I think I actually muttered, "No way!" It continued in that vein for a few more iterations... "Before Thrones Played Games," "Before Bad Was Broken," etc. Then the theme came up and "Twin Peaks" and "new episodes starting Sunday, May 21..." etc., ending with the familiar "Sho" logo and that faint backwards "zzzup" sound like all the teasers so far.
Has anyone else seen this? It sounds kinda tacky -- while TP was undeniably an influence on many modern auteur-show runners (Weiner has said as much, and I think Gilligan has too), it's kind of lazy to trade on that. It also feels distinctly un-Lynchian. Still, it's nice to hear they're advertising in theaters. Just wish they'd show something like the "familiar faces"' teaser instead.
That spot is definitely the goofiest promo I've seen for the show. It's so corny.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

"Ident/ad I’ve not seen before just shown on Sky in UK. Panned shot of trees with new/different version of ‘The Nightingale’"

Here it is: https://twitter.com/markwbowen/status/8 ... 5093620736
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Has anyone else seen this? It sounds kinda tacky -- while TP was undeniably an influence on many modern auteur-show runners (Weiner has said as much, and I think Gilligan has too), it's kind of lazy to trade on that.
When you mentioned "auteur-show runners" it made me think...

How many times before have a TV series really been an "auteur-show"? An auteur TV series? This new season of Twin Peaks is the biggest (and almost only?) example I know. I mean "auteur-show" as in "created, written, directed and to some degree even edited by the same person". Where the director more or less directs all aspects of the project, sound and visual-wise. Riget by Von Trier is the only other I could think of...
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I'd say Von Trier's Riget/The Kingdom comes pretty close.
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

I don't think every track on the new Johnny Jewel release are going to be in Twin Peaks. I think he did all tracks for Lynch to choose from and Lynch maybe wanted one or perhaps two of them.

How do you think Jewel's songs are going to be used? I assume he or some stand-in for him (performer or jukebox or something) will perform it diegetically, as that is standard for Lynch. Or maybe he breaks that standard totally in this new season? But when I think of it, Jewel's music are more like Badalamenti's ambients and atmosphere pieces, which are used non-diegetic by Lynch. Almost. They usually take the front-room audio-wise and Lynch uses non-diegetic music as background.
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

NightTimeMyTime wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Has anyone else seen this? It sounds kinda tacky -- while TP was undeniably an influence on many modern auteur-show runners (Weiner has said as much, and I think Gilligan has too), it's kind of lazy to trade on that.
When you mentioned "auteur-show runners" it made me think...

How many times before have a TV series really been an "auteur-show"? An auteur TV series? This new season of Twin Peaks is the biggest (and almost only?) example I know. I mean "auteur-show" as in "created, written, directed and to some degree even edited by the same person". Where the director more or less directs all aspects of the project, sound and visual-wise. Riget by Von Trier is the only other I could think of...
True Detective qualifies, I'd say. Each episode written by Nic Pizzolata and directed by Cary Fukunaga. And each episode of Top of the Lake was directed by Jane Campion, Garth Davis, or both.
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

Louis CK also takes an auteur approach to his shows.

And Noah Hawley wrote every episode of Fargo season one...

I think it's becoming more common.
Last edited by polishq on Sat May 06, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Mr. Robot could also qualify, with every season 2 episode directed by creator Sam Esmail and most written by him.

And to stretch to the world of animation, the current season of Samurai Jack, with every episode written or co-written and directed by creator Genndy Tartakovsky.