NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Rudagger »

Ugh. This may sound insane, but, I'm actually having a hard time sleeping the past couple days from getting so excited about the show. It's hard to keep my mind racing with speculation. I don't think this has happened to me before, other than a couple days leading up to Force Awakens.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Jerry Horne wrote:No Andy Lucy or Hawk on that list? Hmmm.
I really expect/ed Bobby to play a big part in the new show so I'm hoping that's not a completely accurate list.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

Rudagger wrote:Ugh. This may sound insane, but, I'm actually having a hard time sleeping the past couple days from getting so excited about the show. It's hard to keep my mind racing with speculation. I don't think this has happened to me before, other than a couple days leading up to Force Awakens.
Me too! And since I do nothing besides going to college in the morning, I spend my days cheking Dugpa and Reddit for news on TP. Lol I hope I'll get productive after it airs.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

IMDB Guesswork Part 2. Don't get so excited.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Rudagger wrote:Ugh. This may sound insane, but, I'm actually having a hard time sleeping the past couple days from getting so excited about the show. It's hard to keep my mind racing with speculation. I don't think this has happened to me before, other than a couple days leading up to Force Awakens.
I've been having problems with anxiety. Never had it before. Something tells me it's TP related...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

It's starting with me. So much so that I'm going for decaf that night.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

In the same boat here. I've vacillated between completely rejecting thinking about it at all but I end up thinking about it anyway; when I wake up it's the first thought I have. I think I even wake up from sleep-thinking about it, because it's always sort of in media res. I've had to sort of tamp myself down to get work done, and I'm also hoping I can be more earnestly productive when it finally hits -- but god, who knows.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

PPAD Pre-Peaks-Anxiety-Disorder

Yup, same here. I'm gonna have to load on heavy caffeine that night as I'm an old man now who can't seem to stay up past 10 without a little something something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I still haven't started my rewatch!

At this rate I may just mainline a few choice eps.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Bloodflood wrote:
Me too! And since I do nothing besides going to college in the morning, I spend my days cheking Dugpa and Reddit for news on TP. Lol I hope I'll get productive after it airs.
I've been the opposite. Just aggressively working as much as I can to take my mind off things .. unfortunately I'm a freelance video editor, which in turn means I can also refresh Dugpa and twitter every five seconds (two monitors is super handy for that, haha).
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

N. Needleman wrote:I still haven't started my rewatch!

At this rate I may just mainline a few choice eps.
I started my rewatch last weekend but I'm at a very slow pace right now. I still got 18 episodes left and hope I'll be able to finish it before the new season will start.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I'll have to start my rewatch today and my dad has agreed to watch it
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

laughingpinecone wrote:Horse especially got to be the first voice of the new show twice over, bite me if he's not a regular.
*searches for 'horse bit' pun*
*results inconclusive*
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I remember photos of him lighting a cigarette on the red carpet for The Avengers a few years ago, and he had an unidentified brown liquor in his glass at the TP wrap party.
Yeah, I think he's a pack-a-day smoker & has been for some time. His name would be kinda cool as slang for 'cigarette', actually. "Hey, you got a spare Harry-Dean on you?", "Jonesing for a Harry-Dean right about now...", etc.
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Also, a random observation on the 'familiar faces' teaser: the sound that occurs between cuts reminds me in some way of the uncomfortable crack of Coop's mirror head smash.