NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by vicksvapor77 »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:Where is Variety sold?
I'm 99% certain you can grab it at Barnes & Noble, that's where I had to get EW's TP cover.
I called mine and no luck :( I'll call around a few others in my area but I doubt it'll be any different.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

My Barnes & Noble said they haven't carried Variety in quite some time.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Ross wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Ross wrote: Well, it's much different than it was in theaters, so if you're a purist or stickler for that, then it's pretty off. Obviously they chose to change it for the blu set and skew away from green to a much warmer red look to more closely match the coral look of the series. Honestly, for a lot of it I actually like it more, even though it's inaccurate. But sometimes it's for the worse. The worst being, as I mentioned above, the shot of possessed Laura at Harolds. The loss of the yellow teeth robs that shot of some of its power. Also the final sequences in the Lodge become too pink, and are very dull without contrast.
It was green in theaters? I've never seen a 35mm print but that doesn't sound right at all considering the DP who worked on it. I think one of the international releases is green and that to me is the one that looks off.
The color on the US DVD is closer to original. The blu Ray is much different. As I said the warmer reds of the blu more closely match the look of the series, and are sometimes more pleasing. But sometimes the changes are determintal.
Sorry to jump back into this again, but after doing a little digging I've concluded the green is wrong from multiple sources who've seen it in theaters, just as I've suspected since release. The look of the box set disc is not revisionist. Additionally, perfect timing for this thread to crop back up in an interview with Garcia on the cinematography which further confirms what I believed all along : http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2624

Something to take a note on, a number of home video releases to this day (early DVDs are infamous for this) have green and blue pushes that were never supposed to be there.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Jerry Horne wrote:My Barnes & Noble said they haven't carried Variety in quite some time.
That's strange, I coulda swore I saw it there last time I went looking through all their specialty magazines. This might indeed be another internet purchase...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:My Barnes & Noble said they haven't carried Variety in quite some time.
That's strange, I coulda swore I saw it there last time I went looking through all their specialty magazines. This might indeed be another internet purchase...
Probably depends on the market. On sale lots of places in L.A. etc. I assume.
Fashion Suicide
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fashion Suicide »

krishnanspace wrote:
Fashion Suicide wrote:
Mordeen wrote:Learning it was coming back was almost as moving as my wife's pregnancy declarations. I'd like to think I know how I'll feel the afternoon of 5/21 and all I can come up with is "nothing better go wrong with my home theater."

-Mordeen
:lol:

I've never had a wife telling me she was pregnant (congratulations!), but it is indeed hard to imagine that even that would be as overwhelming as the news of Twin Peaks returning. I was a little late to the original party, since i was born in 1993, but having obsessed over Twin Peaks since the age of 15, sure it was never coming back (nothing's a sure thing), this announcement really put my socks on fire. Hell, my whole wardrobe. I can't even imagine what it must have been like for you Twin Peaks veterans. Just to think of how this show has shaped so many lives, all kinds of people from many different generations, and how we've all been brought together in here the last couple of years, is just beautiful. Thank you David, and thank you Mark, is what i'm trying to say i guess. True art brings people together, and despite the so-called flaws of the Twin Peaks-universe (some of season 2, though personally i love that dearly also), it does just that.

Anyway, for me the first year of waiting was the hardest to get through, but then i went to Greece for half a year and in the coming weeks i'm playing a few concerts, so now as my mind is focused on that the time is just flying. The premiere will hit me like an overdose. An overdose of Lynch's homemade heroin! :shock:
Are you a musician?
I am!
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

mlsstwrt wrote:
dugpa wrote:
krishnanspace wrote:I hope dugpa doesn't crash on 21-22 because of the amount of traffic. Just imagine the amount of discussion, analysis and predictions that are going to be there
Me too. We upgraded the server plan but who knows what type of traffic we will get in the days to come...
Out of interest Dugpa, do you know by how much the membership on this board increased AFTER the new series was confirmed?

I wonder how many new people will find their way here after the new series airs.
I'd have to run a query on the backend. I'm guessing a number of folks will be looking for others to share with theories, etc.
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

Are we expecting another teaser this week ? I know some of you have said you'd love a "new faces" teaser to get a glimpse at who some of the new actors are playing but I'd prefer another familiar faces style teaser.. maybe show us Shelly , Nadine , James , Lucy, maybe even Denise ? I'm thinking just keep it with who they've already shown mostly through the entertainment weekly spread.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

I could totally see a new faces teaser. Might be the last thing they release since there's only 12 days to the premiere now. (I can't believe it's only 12 days, I remember when 2 months felt surreal and soon)
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

didn't see this posted but here is the second video/song from the Johnny Jewel album, track is called "Television Snow"

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Yep. Earlier today in this thread. Page 348.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

mtsi wrote:I'm grateful for the wait. I made friends here.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Agree and many. This last 2.5 years has been one of the most enriching of my life.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Mistertom wrote:Are we expecting another teaser this week ? I know some of you have said you'd love a "new faces" teaser to get a glimpse at who some of the new actors are playing but I'd prefer another familiar faces style teaser.. maybe show us Shelly , Nadine , James , Lucy, maybe even Denise ? I'm thinking just keep it with who they've already shown mostly through the entertainment weekly spread.
Hey, I'd be down with the next teaser showcasing some of the universally reviled characters from the infamous stretch of S2, like Mordeen half-jokingly suggested earlier. Ya know, Lana Milford-Evelyn Marsh-Little Nicky-Dick Tremayne-John Justice Wheeler-Windom Earle-sort of thing. True, those characters aren't slated to appear if the cast list they released last spring (was that really so long ago?) is anything to go by, but still, it'd be oodles of fun just witnessing fans' reactions! :D
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Agent Earle wrote:
Mistertom wrote:Are we expecting another teaser this week ? I know some of you have said you'd love a "new faces" teaser to get a glimpse at who some of the new actors are playing but I'd prefer another familiar faces style teaser.. maybe show us Shelly , Nadine , James , Lucy, maybe even Denise ? I'm thinking just keep it with who they've already shown mostly through the entertainment weekly spread.
Hey, I'd be down with the next teaser showcasing some of the universally reviled characters from the infamous stretch of S2, like Mordeen half-jokingly suggested earlier. Ya know, Lana Milford-Evelyn Marsh-Little Nicky-Dick Tremayne-John Justice Wheeler-Windom Earle-sort of thing. True, those characters aren't slated to appear if the cast list they released last spring (was that really so long ago?) is anything to go by, but still, it'd be oodles of fun just witnessing fans' reactions! :D
I wasn't even half joking. I would be thrilled if they highlighted all the Season 2 "filler." Gimme a Dick-biting Pinkel Pine weasel in slo-mo set the the tune of "Just You and I."

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

Mordeen wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
I wasn't even half joking. I would be thrilled if they highlighted all the Season 2 "filler." Gimme a Dick-biting Pinkel Pine weasel in slo-mo set the the tune of "Just You and I."

-Mordeen
Honestly, every promo Showtime ever has or will put out should be scored to "Just You and I," if only because I've never understood the (apparently) widespread hate of that scene even amongst fans -- and so perhaps such prolonged exposure would induce such people to warm to it a bit...