NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Panapaok wrote:HOLY SHIT!!!
Is this an actual production still or a photoshopped promo pic for this announcement?
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Panapaok »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Panapaok wrote:HOLY SHIT!!!
Is this an actual production still or a photoshopped promo pic for this announcement?
Looks like an actual still to me.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Amazing.

Watching 29 last night, I was wondering if those red curtains ascend forever?
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Frantic Owl

Post by Frantic Owl »

I'm digging the new curtains, they look more opaque and velvety than the those of the original series. Or perhaps it's just the lighting?
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

i was listening to the entire Johnny Jewel "Windswept" album on my lunch break today, streaming now on Deezer. i had no knowledge of the artist beforehand and it's not really what i usually listen to but the album had some strong moments for sure. it's heavy on the '80s vibe synth orchestrations and many tracks gave me more of a "Stranger Things" vibe than a "Twin Peaks" one. i really like the haunting/longing melody of the title track (which theme returns a few times through the LP), the "Television Snow" opening and especially "Insomnia" which i think could work well in the series.. there's definitely a cinematic vibe to much of the project so i'm very curious to see how much of it will end up in the series. is it just one song, is it almost the whole thing? my guess is 3-4 songs based on the articles and hints i've read but who knows..

someone expressed dissapointment that Angelo Badalamenti hasn't scored the entire series and while that was my initial gut feeling too i realized that we're getting 18 hours of prime time Lynch, and there's never been a Lynch movie where the sounds and pictures are not completely married in my opinion. i think there will be plenty of room for lots of great Badalamenti as well as new Lynch originals, Johnny Jewel, Julee Cruise and whatever else might be in store for us.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

I know the topic of the ceiling came up occasionally in interviews, wish I remembered the answers... :? The floor, otoh, is sporting the weathered look of the original sequence, not the cleaner white of ep29+fwwm!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Very curious how much music Angelo composed for the Return, and who else may have offered up parts of the score. I am avoiding the Johnny Jewel album until after the premiere to keep things fresh. I am greedy and want a ton of new Angelo works!
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

claaa7 wrote:i was listening to the entire Johnny Jewel "Windswept" album on my lunch break today, streaming now on Deezer. i had no knowledge of the artist beforehand and it's not really what i usually listen to but the album had some strong moments for sure. it's heavy on the '80s vibe synth orchestrations and many tracks gave me more of a "Stranger Things" vibe than a "Twin Peaks" one. i really like the haunting/longing melody of the title track (which theme returns a few times through the LP), the "Television Snow" opening and especially "Insomnia" which i think could work well in the series.. there's definitely a cinematic vibe to much of the project so i'm very curious to see how much of it will end up in the series. is it just one song, is it almost the whole thing? my guess is 3-4 songs based on the articles and hints i've read but who knows..

someone expressed dissapointment that Angelo Badalamenti hasn't scored the entire series and while that was my initial gut feeling too i realized that we're getting 18 hours of prime time Lynch, and there's never been a Lynch movie where the sounds and pictures are not completely married in my opinion. i think there will be plenty of room for lots of great Badalamenti as well as new Lynch originals, Johnny Jewel, Julee Cruise and whatever else might be in store for us.
Agreed. The sound is quite different from Badalamenti's (very 80s, which isn't really my cup of tea) but I can hear the melodic similarities.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Brad D wrote:Very curious how much music Angelo composed for the Return, and who else may have offered up parts of the score. I am avoiding the Johnny Jewel album until after the premiere to keep things fresh. I am greedy and want a ton of new Angelo works!
Agreed. I will be grumpy if there are too few new Badalamenti tracks.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Though it may seem that the new TP might be swamped with all these new contributing musicians, 18 hours is a lot and there is bound to be more than enough space for Badalamenti's magic. IMHO, Lynch, Frost and Badalementi form a triangle that's fundamental to the aesthetic of Twin Peaks. I have little doubt Lynch feels the same.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Oh and I actually hope they play quite a bit of the older tracks. There is a huge library and I couldn't imagine not hearing 'Dark Mood Woods' in S3.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

laughingpinecone wrote:I know the topic of the ceiling came up occasionally in interviews, wish I remembered the answers... :? The floor, otoh, is sporting the weathered look of the original sequence, not the cleaner white of ep29+fwwm!
Maybe the ceiling looks like the floor? :shock:
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

I really hope that at least 80% of the soundtrack will be from Angelo. Both old and new tracks.

I'm also thinking that there'll be a different musician in each Roadhouse scene.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

This is still surreal. Mannnnn.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Angelo is the only thing I'm interested in terms of soundtrack for S3.
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Wed May 10, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.