NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

misterroundheels

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by misterroundheels »

As soon as I saw the figure, I guessed it was Mike based on the hunched posture. But I still haven't seen a strong indication of either arm.
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

Loved the Mädchen Amick reaction video. And I usually cringe to all reaction videos. I'm interested in her reaction of the man (with another man) in the corridor. I too thought of the costumed man as David Lynch, not Dale Cooper. I don't see Cooper's shape. But everone are sure it's Cooper so I guess it must be. Cooper's hair are a little more loose on the head this time. A little less pomade, or maybe the pomades they have in The Lodge are not the same good old, fat stuff it used to be? Garmonbozia maybe?

So I guess it could be Cooper there in the corridor. And I too believe it's the One-Armed Man on his left. MIKE with two arms.
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

Maybe it's been mentioned before, but Cannes 2017 have released the schedule now and Twin Peaks will be screened May 25th.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

God, that scant compilation of footage has me unable to sleep. I shudder to think what I'll be like in the early hours of the 22nd.

A thought just occurred to me: every single one of DKL's feature films is intimately focused on one individual's (often extremely subjective) POV (caveats: W@H cheats this a bit by treating Sailor & Lula as a collective entity; FWWM has its extended "prologue" before settling into Laura's mental space). Sure, there are side characters and shaggy-dog diversions in many films, but one would be hard-pressed to consider any DKL work an "ensemble" piece the way TP the original series is. And, based on the extensive cast list and this quickie teaser, the Return seems even more spread-out than the original series. I'd bet the farm on Coop's journey being the spine of the thing, and on him having the dominant amount of screen time -- but not to the same extent Henry does in Eraserhead, Alvin does in The Straight Story, or Nikki's fractured personalities do in IE. We're going to spend a LOT of time with other characters, both old and new, and that may end up being the least Lynchian element of this project. Lynch is such an individualist, and the nature of his approach to storytelling is so inherently subjective, that he naturally gravitates to stories focused on a single POV. With this larger canvas to paint on, he seems to be fully going to town on large-scale world-building, and it's going to be an incredible thing to behold: an amalgam of the original series (where there were many cooks in the kitchen) and DKL's previous, more personal works.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:God, that scant compilation of footage has me unable to sleep. I shudder to think what I'll be like in the early hours of the 22nd.

A thought just occurred to me: every single one of DKL's feature films is intimately focused on one individual's (often extremely subjective) POV (caveats: W@H cheats this a bit by treating Sailor & Lula as a collective entity; FWWM has its extended "prologue" before settling into Laura's mental space). Sure, there are side characters and shaggy-dog diversions in many films, but one would be hard-pressed to consider any DKL work an "ensemble" piece the way TP the original series is. And, based on the extensive cast list and this quickie teaser, the Return seems even more spread-out than the original series. I'd bet the farm on Coop's journey being the spine of the thing, and on him having the dominant amount of screen time -- but not to the same extent Henry does in Eraserhead, Alvin does in The Straight Story, or Nikki's fractured personalities do in IE. We're going to spend a LOT of time with other characters, both old and new, and that may end up being the least Lynchian element of this project. Lynch is such an individualist, and the nature of his approach to storytelling is so inherently subjective, that he naturally gravitates to stories focused on a single POV. With this larger canvas to paint on, he seems to be fully going to town on large-scale world-building, and it's going to be an incredible thing to behold: an amalgam of the original series (where there were many cooks in the kitchen) and DKL's previous, more personal works.
I agree, but also think that your previous post regarding Ben is significant. I think that the Black Lodge affected all the old cast to varying degrees, from Major Briggs' wavering patience with Bobby being on the low end of the spectrum, to Ben being the town's most corrupt (excluding Leland of course). Will be interesting to see if Bobby is in business with Ben and Jerry these days; and if Bobbys murder of the Deer Meadow deputy comes to the fore.
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I do wonder whether Ben's head trauma in Episode 29 might have resulted in permanent damage. It would be interesting if he ended up in a similar state to Johnny -- a form of poetic justice (poor Sylvia). Will's guilt would be fascinating to explore.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I do wonder whether Ben's head trauma in Episode 29 might have resulted in permanent damage. It would be interesting if he ended up in a similar state to Johnny -- a form of poetic justice (poor Sylvia). Will's guilt would be fascinating to explore.
Hopefully it means he's back to "bad" Ben. "Good" Ben wasn't all that interesting.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

I sort of do hope that Bobby killing someone (possibly two people, considering the Diary) has consequence of some sort.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
OrsonWelles
Roadhouse Member

Post by OrsonWelles »

The strange woman gives me a Carnivale-vibe. (Well, a Lynch-vibe as well, of course)
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

The image of Laura's prom photo from the new series, sitting beside an evidence box. It seems to have been recoloured, like an Instagram photo. It makes it look older, like it was taken in the 1950s. What if we discover 'Laura' has been alive before - and has been killed before? 
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

I think that's MIKE/One-armed Man in that shot to the left of the man that looks like Cooper. He definitely has a left sleeve, but that doesn't mean it isn't MIKE. I know he usually has the sleeve folded up, but I don't think that means it can't be him. The hand some have mentioned seeing is the light on the floor from the doorway imo.

This teaser is great. Really getting me excited now... this is going to same same but different.
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

About 20 hours ago I last checked this thread. One two minute trailer later 20 (!) pages have emerged. This forum is going to explode the 21st...

Absolutely LOVE this trailer. If I had any doubts about The Return, they are now completely gone!

My vote: Mike with prostetic arm is walking next to Coop.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Obi-Wan McCartney

Post by Obi-Wan McCartney »

Has the group here figured out who all the new actors are that were revealed in the latest trailer?
Pölkkyrouva
Roadhouse Member

Post by Pölkkyrouva »

madeleineferguson wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:It's all about this.
Who the hell is that!!?!?
Somehow I'm actually betting Laura Dern at this. I just watched Big Little Lies where Laura Dern is amazing and there is a lot of resemblance:

– Both the Mystery Lady and Laura Dern have unusually long necks.
– The actress playing her should be in her 50's. Dern is 50.
– The little things: line on her face, eyes and nose look awful lot like Laura Dern.
- We know she is a phenomenal actress and has an ability to transform.

I know shape of their faces are a bit different but it can also be the strange...thing the character is doing with her mouth.

Anyway, the 21st can't come fast enough. I'm so excited for this.
EA21A5D4-B430-4AC6-B1B4-36B5782BD39A.jpg
EA21A5D4-B430-4AC6-B1B4-36B5782BD39A.jpg (440.27 KiB) Viewed 9194 times
Let a smile be your umbrella. — FBI Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole
OrsonWelles
Roadhouse Member

Post by OrsonWelles »

I was also thinking it was Dern, but considered myself a bit crazy for thinking that. But who knows.