NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

Soolsma wrote:What kind of camera is that? If it is a camera. Seems to be from a different era
A surveillance camera perhaps? That equence of pictures with the young man and the camera made med think about Cooper's playing with the surveillance camera in FWWM. My guess is it's something similar happening, with another person.
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

Jonah wrote:So that's confirmation that at least one actress is appearing in the series that does not appear on the official cast release. Maybe it's possible we will still see some surprise cameos from older cast members - Piper Laurie, Joan Chen, maybe even Michael Anderson or Michael Ontkean at a push! Probably not, but who knows?
Maybe this actress doesn't have any speaking part and therefore didn't "qualify" for the 217 list.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

NightTimeMyTime wrote:
Soolsma wrote:What kind of camera is that? If it is a camera. Seems to be from a different era
A surveillance camera perhaps? That equence of pictures with the young man and the camera made med think about Cooper's playing with the surveillance camera in FWWM. My guess is it's something similar happening, with another person.
I may be remembering the film wrong but it reminded me a lot of the camera in Jennifer Lynch's aptly named movie Surveillance! Wonder if it's a re-used prop.
Chester Desmond
Roadhouse Member

Post by Chester Desmond »

BEARisonFord wrote:At risk of fanning the flames of over analyzation, I brightened this up quite a bit. I have no idea who it is.
My money is that is David Lynch walking beside Kyle
Hang loose, Houlies
timgerdes

Post by timgerdes »

Jonah wrote:Does anyone think it's possible some of the original cast who wasn't listed in the credits might make surprise cameos? I'm thinking of Joan Chen and Piper Laurie in particular (though I suppose Josie could always appear in CGI in the wood).
It seems many of the forum's members think this is unlikely, including those who presumably have more insight into the actual production. But I was rereading Brad Dukes's excellent "Reflections," immersing myself in Twin Peaks before the new season begins, and I was struck by the story of Tojamura. Lynch called Piper Laurie with a plan to keep her return secret from the cast and crew, billing her as the fictitious Fumio Yamaguchi and even having an interpreter travel with her to the set. From the included recollections, it seems like not too many people were fooled for long, but I can't help but think that perhaps there was some similar slight of hand at work in the production of the new series.

I expect I'll be satisfied even if there are no surprises, but it would make me very happy if Lynch includes a similar deception or two here.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I will be very surprised if Piper Laurie isn't back. And yes, I think they might pull another Fumio!

As for the others....

Joan Chen - Hmmm, I think we might see something. Whether it's her or not or a CGI cameo of her trapped in the wood or something about Josie/Judy. I think there will be some resolution on Josie. I think someone said they thought they saw Chen driving to the set, but it was never confirmed - not a spoiler, just an unreliable eye witness.

Michael Anderson - I really don't know. I wonder if we'll see him somehow, either a CGI shot of what he used to look like dancing (like in one of the first teasers). I know he's gone off the wall on social media, but I sometimes wonder how much of that might be bs. I really don't know what to think about this one. Probably unlikely he's actually returned.

Michael Ontkean - Unlikely. I think he probably has retired. But all that talk of looking for his jacket, etc. - I wonder if we might get a brief cameo, but he didn't want to sign up for a long shoot.

Of them all, I think Piper Laurie is most likely. I never bought her comments about the show being too dark to feature Catherine. Back in Season 2, her name was removed from the credits and she said she wasn't coming back. It just feels to me she will. Who knows.

Oh - and Heather Graham. I don't think she'll be back. But it seems a shame. Then again - maybe.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if some names were left off that cast list.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Hmmm. The plot thickens. There are 217 officialy announced cast members and they decided to show someone who is not included in the list. That is, if she is indeed Kathleen Deming.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

i am assuming the cast list released was the 'credited' cast list. A show of this proportion would undoubtedly have some un-credited roles.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

mtwentz wrote:i am assuming the cast list released was the 'credited' cast list. A show of this proportion would undoubtedly have some un-credited roles.
Good point!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jonah wrote:Of them all, I think Piper Laurie is most likely.
As posted elsewhere, insiders have said things did not work out with Piper.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

mtwentz wrote:i am assuming the cast list released was the 'credited' cast list. A show of this proportion would undoubtedly have some un-credited roles.
That's a good point. I know people have thought maybe the list was speaking parts. But I kinda doubt all those people have lines. But it certainly could be credited vs. uncredited. The original has many parts that were never credited. I don't think anyone has ever identified who played young Ben & Jerry for instance.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

Panapaok wrote:Hmmm. The plot thickens. There are 217 officialy announced cast members and they decided to show someone who is not included in the list. That is, if she is indeed Kathleen Deming.
Not to beat a dead horse because I think this has been talked about elsewhere, but I believe the 217 cast list is simply just the main featured players in the new season, not including any of the bit parts by day players, whether they have dialogue or not. It's a bit silly to think every actor who appears on the season and speaks 2 words is going to be on that list.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Kinda weird to have a non-featured actor be one of the few people we see in a trailer
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

perhaps related to Peter Deming?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Dalai Cooper wrote:Kinda weird to have a non-featured actor be one of the few people we see in a trailer
True- but I can see why...