NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mibbler
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Mibbler »

Chester Desmond wrote: My money is that es David Lynch walking beside Kyle
What if it is Windom Earle? That would be really twisted! (Well, I'm only half-joking) :wink:
Agent327
Roadhouse Member

Post by Agent327 »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:Not going to lie.. While I'm incredibly thrilled with these trailers I'm kind of bummed we haven't seen Bobby pop up. I really thought he'd be a bigger role this season and was pretty sure I read that he was from some one on here. Unless they're keeping his role under wraps for some reason...
I don't think we can conclude much about bigger/smaller roles based on the teasers. They are probably crafting these teasers so that they are intriguing, and yet don't reveal much or anything at all. That in itself is a puzzle to solve for Lynch and the team. And for all we know, the next one could feature Bobby, Laura Dern's character and Naomi's character (who we have reason to believe has a considerable part).

A lot of people commented that this new series seem like it will be very dark compared to the TP we know. That could very well be true. But it's also hard to do a funny teaser, with very little dialog without featuring physical slapstick, thus give people the wrong idea of the show.
So these dark toned trailers make sense, although the series could very well have several light and funny moments throughout.
Ubermensch33
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ubermensch33 »

Man, I'm surprised nobody else's heart skipped a beat over the following exchange:

Fallon: David Lynch, he's back
Kyle: Oh, he's back, is he back! Oh my gosh. This is gonna be like something you've never, ever seen on television. I don't think in film, either. This is gonna be - this is gonna be earth-shattering.
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

Ubermensch33 wrote:Man, I'm surprised nobody else's heart skipped a beat over the following exchange:

Kyle: Oh, he's back, is he back! Oh my gosh. This is gonna be like something you've never, ever seen on television. I don't think in film, either. This is gonna be - this is gonna be earth-shattering.
That was my favorite part of the entire interview ! If we can even call it a proper interview haha kind of reminded me why I don't watch jimmy fallon ever ..
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Mordeen wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Arbogast said many times that a few actors shot scenes but were not on the cast list. Apparently Kathleen Deming is one of them, so we should stop using that cast list as the definitive word on the matter.
And I really don't think the teasers are giving clues of who will be important to the new story. They're just teasers with random images, some familiar some not.
We're not supposed to talk about Arbogast. In fact, we're not supposed to talk about Arbogast at all. . .

The cast list is incomplete. Period. And not just because of non-speaking, uncredited issues. There areintentional omissions. Gods know when we'll be able to finally discuss them, because there's 18+ hours of scenes to get through and they could appear anywhere. Who knows if we'll even recognize them when it happens. The magic of Twin Peaks.

-Mordeen
Seems to me that Kathleen Deming is the first solid proof we've seen of someone appearing who is not on the cast list. I know Mt Si has some kind of bombshell tucked away, but I can't recall many others (if any), even from thou whom shalt not be mentioned. Anything now seems possible. :mrgreen:
Ubermensch33
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ubermensch33 »

Mistertom wrote:
Ubermensch33 wrote:Man, I'm surprised nobody else's heart skipped a beat over the following exchange:

That was my favorite part of the entire interview ! If we can even call it a proper interview haha kind of reminded me why I don't watch jimmy fallon ever ..
Yeah, it wasn't very good other than that. I never watch Fallon, so I don't know how good/bad he is. But I'm sure it also doesn't help that Kyle wasn't going to talk about details at all, and they didn't play any kind of teaser/footage.

But I was surprised to hear Kyle say it like that. Those are some lofty expectations!
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

He's pretty bad
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Current EW:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 11.44.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 11.44.55 AM.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 9801 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
MusicInTheAir

Post by MusicInTheAir »

About Shelly's heavy reaction... it's not like Shelly and Coop had any special relationship. I'd expect that kind of reaction for seeing Bobby after many, many years or... Leo Johnson.
Mibbler wrote:What if it is Windom Earle? That would be really twisted! (Well, I'm only half-joking) :wink:
That crossed my mind as well... some sort of redemption for Earle? Leo, too?

That 0:22 woman is impossibly beautiful.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Brad D wrote:
Mordeen wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Arbogast said many times that a few actors shot scenes but were not on the cast list. Apparently Kathleen Deming is one of them, so we should stop using that cast list as the definitive word on the matter.
And I really don't think the teasers are giving clues of who will be important to the new story. They're just teasers with random images, some familiar some not.
We're not supposed to talk about Arbogast. In fact, we're not supposed to talk about Arbogast at all. . .

The cast list is incomplete. Period. And not just because of non-speaking, uncredited issues. There areintentional omissions. Gods know when we'll be able to finally discuss them, because there's 18+ hours of scenes to get through and they could appear anywhere. Who knows if we'll even recognize them when it happens. The magic of Twin Peaks.

-Mordeen
Seems to me that Kathleen Deming is the first solid proof we've seen of someone appearing who is not on the cast list. I know Mt Si has some kind of bombshell tucked away, but I can't recall many others (if any), even from thou whom shalt not be mentioned. Anything now seems possible. :mrgreen:
Yep. Can't wait to see how many more.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Ubermensch33 wrote:But I was surprised to hear Kyle say it like that. Those are some lofty expectations!
And he's never struck me as the type to unduly overhype/overstate things. Generally a pretty stoical guy. Very exciting stuff.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Jerry Horne wrote:Current EW:
Love that picture! Thanks for posting, Jerry.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 12.12.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 12.12.10 PM.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 9743 times
Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 12.13.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 12.13.30 PM.png (748.92 KiB) Viewed 9744 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Jerry Horne wrote:...
Woah. Shots are from where please Jerry? :)
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
sp.agent.dalecooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by sp.agent.dalecooper »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Ubermensch33 wrote:But I was surprised to hear Kyle say it like that. Those are some lofty expectations!
And he's never struck me as the type to unduly overhype/overstate things. Generally a pretty stoical guy. Very exciting stuff.
After 25+ years, many of us would have been happy to accept simple Twin Peaks fan servicing from Lynch.

If what we end up getting is a pure career encapsulating magnum opus, we'll be overcome with waves of pure gratitude and bliss.

Just can't understate or understand yet the value of having this be a mapped out, scripted, executed all in one long arc 18 hour story.