NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Jasper »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:The Pilot is a lot cooler than the series. I like the Pilot look -- it has more of a Washington state feel to me whereas the warm series feels very California. That new Lucy shot actually looks rather yellow to my eye, as opposed to the series' coral hue.

Lynch is a painter, I doubt he'll restrict himself to too narrow a palette.
Agreed.

It should be pointed out that the lamp in the Showtime shot has a translucent yellowy glass or plastic shade, which has to be responsible for at least some of the hue of the environment.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

Can you believe Lucy is 61? Mind. Blowing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
^◊^

Post by ^◊^ »

N. Needleman wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:I wonder if I can fool Showtime into giving me another free trial period.
If you already have Amazon Prime, it's a pretty cheap subscription to add Showtime per month. 10 bucks.
IIRC (please correct me if I'm wrong, anyone) only Showtime Anytime offers live streaming of the show, which is what I want.
I have a Showtime subscription through Amazon Prime and there is the option to watch live. Quality will depend on your internet speed and all that. The audio goes out of sync for me during peak hours so I may have to not watch live.. which sucks. Wanted that "tuning in" part of the experience.
Last edited by ^◊^ on Fri May 12, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I didn't realize there was a live option. Do you mind telling me how to access it?
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:I didn't realize there was a live option. Do you mind telling me how to access it?
Wow ditto. I have Amazon Prime and had no idea there was a Showtime add-on. Definitely interested in this as I need to subscribe to Showtime "somehow" within the next week. Did a quick Google search and it looks like you can sign up HERE.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
^◊^

Post by ^◊^ »

Ashok wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:I didn't realize there was a live option. Do you mind telling me how to access it?
Wow ditto. I have Amazon Prime and had no idea there was a Showtime add-on. Definitely interested in this as I need to subscribe to Showtime "somehow" within the next week. Did a quick Google search and it looks like you can sign up HERE.
Yeah you can subscribe to various channels through Amazon Prime. Just search around and you can start your free 1-month trial before they start charging $8.99 a month.
But to find the live option on the website itself it's on the bottom of the Showtime channel page. I'm watching through an LG tv so not sure if your interface will be the same but go to your Showtime channel and above the shows will be various options, "showtime series", "showtime movies", etc.. scroll through them and the "watch live: now playing" option will be the second to last one. If my descriptions suck just explore and you'll find it.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Awesome, thanks for the directions!
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

N. Needleman wrote:They have Laura's secret diary, whatever's left of it. But I suspect at some point someone will stumble upon what Annie told Laura to write in her diary in FWWM.
Makes sense, I just find it odd that Cooper would've missed his own name in the diary when he examined it in ep 14.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

I just watched FWWM and I don't think Laura actually wrote what Annie told her in her diary. By that point she had already given her diary to Harold Smith. She could have written in her non-secret diary but were there any missing pages from that one?
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

N. Needleman wrote:Much thanks to Ashok in the PR thread for this HQ still:
Ashok wrote:Image
As I suspected - these are evidence boxes. You can make out the word 'evidence' in the red tape. Best bet: the Laura Palmer case files from '89. They're unearthing them in 2016 (17?) because...?
this also ties in to TSHOTP where it says that the dossier was find on a crime scene with ties to a murder Agent Cooper was investigating in the Northwest area in 1989. it is possible that the new series take place over several years and will start on that crime scene.
JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Post by JordinGoff »

Jasper wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:I wonder if I can fool Showtime into giving me another free trial period.
If you already have Amazon Prime, it's a pretty cheap subscription to add Showtime per month. 10 bucks.

Since I don't have cable, this is how I'm doing it. :twisted:
Do you know if you'll be able to watch the second and third parts on the night of the premier?

EDIT: I mean the third and fourth parts.
I second this question. I'm planning to get Showtime through Amazon Prime and am concerned about not being able to watch Parts 3 & 4 immediately after the first 2. Is it a Showtime Anytime exclusive, or also available through the Amazon Channels route? I hope I am able to watch live without any problems, will most likely being using the app through my roommates XBox. As it draws nearer I am becoming increasingly more paranoid about the viewing experience going awry, it's far too important to me.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Esselgee wrote:I just watched FWWM and I don't think Laura actually wrote what Annie told her in her diary. By that point she had already given her diary to Harold Smith. She could have written in her non-secret diary but were there any missing pages from that one?
It seems like that she went back to Harold's to add to the secret diary: in Episode 16, Donna reads an entry Laura wrote the night before she died.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

claaa7 wrote:
Ashok wrote:Image
As I suspected - these are evidence boxes. You can make out the word 'evidence' in the red tape. Best bet: the Laura Palmer case files from '89. They're unearthing them in 2016 (17?) because...?
this also ties in to TSHOTP where it says that the dossier was find on a crime scene with ties to a murder Agent Cooper was investigating in the Northwest area in 1989. it is possible that the new series take place over several years and will start on that crime scene.
That Dossier was tampered with. The Arch1v1st is not who he seems. Gordon Cole's ultimate Blue Rose.

Connections.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

[
Esselgee wrote:I just watched FWWM and I don't think Laura actually wrote what Annie told her in her diary. By that point she had already given her diary to Harold Smith. She could have written in her non-secret diary but were there any missing pages from that one?
[/quote]

there's the missing pages that was found near the crime scene of Laura's murder.. they had blood on it and it was never revealed what those pages said or if they were possible to read.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Mordeen wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
That Dossier was tampered with. The Arch1v1st is not who he seems. Gordon Cole's ultimate Blue Rose.

Connections.

-Mordeen
while i don't doubt this i do also think that a lot of the material in TSHOTP is correct and true in context of the new and old series