NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

euclid
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by euclid »

Here here! Thanks to everyone on the board for making this 2 year wait that little bit easier :)
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

This week is going to be crazy. Only 7 more days of the unknown. Soak it all in...
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

secretlettermkr wrote:2.jpg
Technically it's 8 days for me as I will be watching at 9pm the following day due to the UK time difference. I just won't be able to function the following day (or several days after that) if I watch live at 2am til 4am, despite how seriously sorely tempting it is. I'll be chomping at the bit by the following evening. Argh. We need a separate clock for those who can't watch it at that unearthly hour! lol
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

last seven days very much important :lol:
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

I wouldn't doubt another cool trailer happens tonight...it is a week away from the big day...FWWM was about the last 7 days of Laura's life...and I believe someone here mentioned that the previous series finale is airing on Showtime tonight...right? Plus they don't have Billions to go to, so they'll probably throw another wicked teaser our way...and obviously there was Mark's awesome tweet about missing sthg :D
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Special thanks to Dugpa, Jerry, Ross, Brad, Annie and any other mods! I'm sure their jobs are often thankless, and will probably get a lot tougher with the inevitable influx of new fans. I'm so grateful for this community at this awesome moment in the fandom, and they deserve much of the thanks.
I've always said thank you to the mods I've interacted with. I've not been here too long but they have been very kind and do a great job. But I suspect you are right in that it is mostly thankless. I echo your thoughts about being grateful for this community at this point in time when there is so much to talk about. I've mentioned it before but for so many years I felt like a lone candle holder holding vigil for Twin Peaks. I thought hardly anyone else out there remembered it. So to see all this is heartwarming and thanks to Dugpa and the mods for fanning the flames through this message board and website. Cheers ears :)
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

On one hand I can't believe it's so close, on the other I can't believe how long I've been waiting; this was announced in 2014!
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

AXX°N N. wrote:On one hand I can't believe it's so close, on the other I can't believe how long I've been waiting; this was announced in 2014!
That incredible moment of seeing Lynch and Frost's "gum" tweets one after the other on my feed. I couldn't stop grinning and pacing in excitement for about twenty minutes.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Will these last 7 day go faster are slower? Seems time is speeding up lately.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
CompletelySilent
Roadhouse Member

Post by CompletelySilent »

mtwentz wrote:Will these last 7 day go faster are slower? Seems time is speeding up lately.
I've had quite a long weekend dealing with personal emotions and stuff and a ton of final projects heading into the end of my senior year of high school(I'm 18 btw and a few years younger than the hiatus of Twin Peaks haha) so this week might be really long for me, but I'm hoping the hype of the new season will push this time forward!
Diane! I'm holding in my hands a small box of chocolate bunnies.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

mtwentz wrote:Will these last 7 day go faster are slower? Seems time is speeding up lately.
It'll be the last few days for me that go slow as hell.

Lots to keep myself occupied though until then; Leftovers tonight, National tickets and Better Call Saul Tomorrow, Agents of Shield finale Tuesday, Fargo Wednesday .. and then nothing until the Fire Walk With Me screening I'm going to Saturday night.
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

Incredible how long this wait was. First the news of the return, then Lynch's walk off. Lynch back in the seat and the actual beginning of the filming. That was the point when I truly believed that Twin Peaks will come back. So many great memories of visiting this forum every day during the filming to get some news.

I loved Twin Peaks since the first viewing. I rewatched it multiple times, but only since the announcement of it's return it became a really important part of my life. So thank you Mark Frost and David Lynch for making our dream come true. Let us enjoy the last week without the new Twin Peaks. I've never had a film or series where I was so excited about as with Twin Peaks.
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

Man I googled so hard for spoilers, had to search all over the internet for only bits of information. I'm going to miss that.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Lynch's walk-out was by far the longest part of the wait for me. Felt longer than the rest of the time before and since put together. What a heartbreak it would have been to come so close to what we're getting and have it taken away.
UnderTheSycamores

Post by UnderTheSycamores »

Hi again all, been lurking here most of the time, was more active when they were filming in WA. So close now, eager to share in the excitement leading up to next Sunday.

For me it was going to that night shoot that shall not be discussed that was the mental memory pin in the map that marked the beginning of the long wait. When you're watching what looks to be a pivotal scene play out in front of you and know you won't be seeing the context or resolution of it for at least a year plus it certainly makes time seem a bit wonky in regards to the hype and anticipation. I revisited the shooting location on a predictably rainy NW evening the other day to amp up the nostalgia, almost feels like a prophecy about to be fulfilled. The stars align indeed :D