NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

indyit
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by indyit »

mtwentz wrote:This may be blasphemy here, but coffee and sweets at night is just not a good idea.

I will stick with the Brie & Butter Baguettes (and maybe a smoked cheese pigs).
Yes generally speaking it's a bad idea - but I think I will probably need the sugar and caffeine for the late night watch. I'm going to try sleep and get a few hours of shut eye beforehand, but knowing me I will be too excited to have a nap!
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

mtwentz wrote:
This may be blasphemy here, but coffee and sweets at night is just not a good idea.

For me, there's few greater pleasures in life than camping in front of the telly late at night, with a horror or a generally oddball content on, and snacking on sweets while at it! I see a late-night pie-eating marathon in my near future (apple's my favourite) - fun times ahead! Hell, ya only live once :)
Johnsusername
Roadhouse Member

Post by Johnsusername »

There's no way I'm staying up until 3am - I'd fall asleep! I'll be watching on Monday and just avoiding all spoiler for the day.

However, I'm going to be away on holiday for the next two weeks. That's another three episodes. Part of me (just a part) is tempted to hold back on the full five and watch them all when I'm back. Something to ponder.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

mtwentz wrote:This may be blasphemy here, but coffee and sweets at night is just not a good idea.
You would not enjoy my strange life.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

mtwentz wrote:
crossoverman wrote:I was thinking, since Frost's tweet to someone about them missing something if they slept this next week away waiting for the premiere, if maybe they'd release a scene from the first episode. Perhaps the first scene. Rather than a trailer, the first scene really only gives away the first scene. And might be very enticing.
My thought is they might drop the first two parts to coincide with that screening in L.A. that is taking place (can't remember if it is Friday or Saturday). Which would work very well for most of us in the U.S.- not sure how well it would play abroad :-).
Maybe they'll drop a teaser trailer of some description each day this week to ramp up the hype. Like Cooper said, "Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Chester Desmond
Roadhouse Member

Post by Chester Desmond »

This has probably already discussed so please forgive me if I am being redundant but... what the hell is all this stuff? It looks like a swing set with some sort of pulley on it? Then there are these canvases... rain water collection? Stumped.

Hang loose, Houlies
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

N. Needleman wrote:Yeah, if anyone knows a good spot in LA to pick up TP-appropriate (or TP-themed!) snacks or food items, much appreciated.
How about The 101 Coffee Shop http://www.101coffeeshop.com

It's a retro diner in LA and they do food to go. I've never eaten there but it looks like it has what you are looking for and looks atmospheric. You can order online so it's ready to collect. 6145 Franklin Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90028. Re twin peaks relevant food they do coffee, pie (though doesn't state which flavour), cherry coke, muffins, pancakes, bacon (which I'm sure you could ask to be cremated), freshly squeezed orange juice, no doubt there is maple syrup, baguettes, ham and malts.

Here's a review:

Atmosphere: The playful marquee out front is the only hint that a boxy Best Western houses the 101 Coffee Shop, a bright midcentury throwback. The decades-old diner hadn’t aged so gracefully, by all accounts, until a 2001 renovation sent it back to the ‘60s. The results are tremendous: spherical pendant lamps line the rear rock wall while natural light floods in against the blue-trimmed, earth-tone tiles. A contemporary playlist and Hollywood clientele keep the vibe cool, but in all other ways it’s a straight up time warp.

Food: You’ll pay a pretty penny (in diner terms) for the food at 101, but there are some definite stand-out dishes here. Breakfast is served all day, and you'd be wise to order the Mikey Fitz: two eggs, two pieces of bacon or sausage and three silver dollar pancakes or one piece of French toast; we recommend the sausage, generously spiced and not too greasy. The sandwiches have a Southern slant (po' boys and blackened catfish abound), but a solid pick is the BLT, which comes with a mix of crisp sweet potato and regular fries. Save room for the 50/50 Shake made with orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream. As we noted on a recent visit: “It almost tastes more like a creamsicle than a creamsicle.” And that’s a good thing.
As seen in: Swingers, Gilmore Girls, Entourage

Let me know if you try it out!

If you don't like that one here are some more from the list that I found out about this one: https://www.timeout.com/los-angeles/res ... os-angeles

EDIT: I must add you are incredibly lucky to have such wonderful diners and places to eat on your doorstep there. Our restaurants over here (UK) never offer such a wonderful choice of food!
Attachments
tp diner1.png
tp diner1.png (739.38 KiB) Viewed 9536 times
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Judge Giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by Judge Giant »

How about a prequel webisode/tease this week? :wink:
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.

Visit my Lynch blog at https://lynchiantimes.wordpress.com, or follow on twitter https://twitter.com/LynchianTimes
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

All glory to Venus.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

Jonah wrote:Why is everyone so sure it was a pointed comment - and not a throwaway remark?
Well, he's made two remarks so far. The first was that someone "might miss something" if they slept from now until the premiere; the second was that this is going to be "a BIG week."
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Venus wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:2.jpg
Technically it's 8 days for me as I will be watching at 9pm the following day due to the UK time difference. I just won't be able to function the following day (or several days after that) if I watch live at 2am til 4am, despite how seriously sorely tempting it is. I'll be chomping at the bit by the following evening. Argh. We need a separate clock for those who can't watch it at that unearthly hour! lol
I'll be watching it the following night as well. It'll be so tempting to open the forum and look at the reactions, but I'm not going to do it. Might just stay off the internet altogether that day.
I'll see you in the trees
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Rainwater wrote:
Venus wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:2.jpg
Technically it's 8 days for me as I will be watching at 9pm the following day due to the UK time difference. I just won't be able to function the following day (or several days after that) if I watch live at 2am til 4am, despite how seriously sorely tempting it is. I'll be chomping at the bit by the following evening. Argh. We need a separate clock for those who can't watch it at that unearthly hour! lol
I'll be watching it the following night as well. It'll be so tempting to open the forum and look at the reactions, but I'm not going to do it. Might just stay off the internet altogether that day.
Same here.
starting 5/22 at night here in central EU.
Dodging the forum altogether from 5/21 until after watching it myself.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Isn't the premiere in LA on May 19th? I think I'm going to avoid the internet starting from then - I wouldn't want to see any reactions on Twitter.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series