NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MexChi

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by MexChi »

Hello! Just wanna tune in anagrammatically. "Equals That World" would be an anagram of 'Quade Stallworth'.
Mace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mace »

dronerstone wrote:Good work!

It says "Quade Stallworth - 30 year old male"

Cera? LOL
Haha! Maybe Cera is not his usual self.

Quade - Evil; bad; baffling; as, a quade wind.
Stallworth or Stalwart - marked by outstanding strength and vigor of body, mind, or spirit.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

krzhuva wrote:The Lucy screenshot posted above is missing a tiny detail.

Great catch! I can't stop smiling.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Mace wrote:
dronerstone wrote:Good work!

It says "Quade Stallworth - 30 year old male"

Cera? LOL
Haha! Maybe Cera is not his usual self.
"Michael Cera is not what he seems..." *hoot*hoot*
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I'd bet money that Quade Stallworth is just some set dresser's folly, but it's certainly a distinctive name.
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

laughingpinecone wrote:Albert's tie count before the show has even begun: 3

Lucy's sweater count before the show has even begun: 3

8) 8) 8)
Which means they are at least in 3 scenes :)
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Panapaok »

krzhuva wrote:The Lucy screenshot posted above is missing a tiny detail.

Hey, I missed that! That's really great. Can't wait to see the third member of the Brennan family. :)
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

Yeah, I actually know only a little bit more than almost everybody else but what I know is he blew my mind in ways that were even more unexpected. And I've known him my whole life. And more radical and more funny and more fierce and haunting and he just goes everywhere. It's like a dream you wake up from and you can't believe you've been there but you want to fall back asleep to get back inside of it, but it scares you. You know, it's amazing.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Heh, that explains Dern's comment a few years ago that DKL was working on a new film. She had no idea what the project was when he started discussing her character with her!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Twink Peaks wrote:
Yeah, I actually know only a little bit more than almost everybody else but what I know is he blew my mind in ways that were even more unexpected. And I've known him my whole life. And more radical and more funny and more fierce and haunting and he just goes everywhere. It's like a dream you wake up from and you can't believe you've been there but you want to fall back asleep to get back inside of it, but it scares you. You know, it's amazing.
Poor Laura- she has two projects she cannot discuss.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
^◊^

Post by ^◊^ »

Last edited by ^◊^ on Mon May 15, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^◊^

Post by ^◊^ »

counterpaul wrote: I don't have a cable package. I don't have an XBox either.

If you don't have cable, Showtime is available as a stand-alone service for $10.99 a month, or as an add-on to Amazon Prime for $8.99 a month.

If you order the Amazon Prime add-on, the Parts will not be available until 24-36 hours after they air.

If you go to Showtime.com and order the service directly, you get each Part at the same time as it airs.

Either way, there are apps available for various streaming devices. I use a Roku on my big screen TV. I'd bet there is an XBox app as well, but I don't know for sure. The Showtime website lists compatible devices.

The main point is that you can pay Amazon $8.99 a month and wait 24-36 hours for each part, or pay Showtime $10.99 a month and get them at the same time they air.
Looked into this and on Amazons website it says shows are typically available on demand the same time as they're broadcast.
Amazon.jpg
Amazon.jpg (224.65 KiB) Viewed 12396 times
Decided to test it and found they would be airing the last two episodes of Guerrilla at 9pm on Sunday. I then waited in the shows section on Amazon Prime at 8:59 and both episodes popped onto the server exactly at 9:00. I'm just going to cross my fingers and trust it will be the same next Sunday.
Last edited by ^◊^ on Mon May 15, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adl345
RR Diner Member

Post by adl345 »

HBO: "Hey Damon, we know your show's in its final season, but is there any chance you could stop doing press for the show on our main rival that's about to be airing against us?"
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

LateReg wrote: Those are interesting points. Something that I find very interesting, however, is that without getting into a debate about which films are Lynch's best, the three films of his that are considered his established masterpieces are those that he wrote himself with no collaborators or prior source material: Eraserhead, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive.
Yes, but opinions are subjective. For me, Eraserhead is a load of old toss and Mulholland Dr is 90 minutes of great TV pilot followed by 45 minutes of nonsense. Blue Velvet, though, is an all-time favourite and I adore The Straight Story, Lost Highway, Wild At Heart (which apparently it is now 'uncool' to do so,) FWWM and The Elephant Man.

Eraserhead... I'm dubious about it being a 'masterpiece.' It's a cult hit that has had some critical reappraisal (usually a case of critics chickening out shen a large minority of people like something they didn't) but it doesn't have the crossover appeal of the likes of Blue Velvet.

I dunno, even when I think David Lynch makes something I consider 'bad,' such as Mulholland Dr or Eraserhead, I still respect it. Absolutely my favourite filmmaker.