NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

underthefan
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by underthefan »

Jonah wrote:
underthefan wrote:Oh yeah, that video is amazing! Not to hijack the thread, but I always love me some Tori Amos!
From a website - "On the commentary, Tori talks about how the video was inspired by Twin Peaks. It certainly reminds me of Ronette Pulaski, and a lot of stuff from Fire Walk With Me."

It's a shame she's not in the new series. Would have loved to see her in the roadhouse!

She did play a lounge singer once in the movie "Mona Lisa Smile" -

How about we all share Tori Amos videos on this thread while we wait for the new series? :P
Yes! Ronette! That's perfect!! Haha, I have a feeling we are driving other people on here crazy. Sorry, guys!
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

What, like this?

BOBBY: What's got you down, baby?

SHELLEY: What the fuck do you think, Bobby? I'm in my fucking forties and still fucking work at a fucking diner. When I started the fucking coffee was fifty cents and I was making shit for money. Now coffee is almost three bucks and I still make fucking shit for money and have to listen to people complain how much the goddamned fucking coffee costs.

BOBBY: That's fucked.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

polishq wrote:
I bought the LP of this. "Sycamore Trees" is pretty good but ST37's cover of "Just You" is the real highlight!
https://st37.bandcamp.com/track/just-you

i like them both, theyre very different and im a fan of ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

secretlettermkr wrote:
Mordeen wrote:
Wow I lasted exactly 15 seconds before desperately mashing the red X of my browser window. I think my mouse button broke.

-Mordeen
i dont understand what you mean.. :P
Heh, but I'm that guy who thinks the only good "Twin Peaks" song is Black Lodge by Anthrax and thinks the house band at the Roadhouse should either be Megadeth or Slayer.

-Mordeen

EDIT: I meant Twin Peaks cover or inspired song, not original. The original stuff plays almost daily in my house.
Moving Through Time. . .
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

best twin peaks music :lol:

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

The red A and those lightning bolts keep grabbing my attention.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
krzhuva

Post by krzhuva »

Mordeen wrote:What, like this?

SHELLEY: What the fuck do you think, Bobby? I'm in my fucking forties and still fucking work at a fucking diner. When I started the fucking coffee was fifty cents and I was making shit for money. Now coffee is almost three bucks and I still make fucking shit for money and have to listen to people complain how much the goddamned fucking coffee costs.

-Mordeen
That's beautiful. Can hear them saying that in my head!
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Panapaok wrote:
Agent Earle wrote: They did kinda make a big deal out of this CONTINUING what came before, back around the time of the announcement. Feel like the words one would use to describe a "direct sequel" to me. And now I'll shut my trap on the subject. At least until we know anything more.
And no, this is not a direct sequel. It would be a direct sequel if it picked up a few minutes or hours or days after the finale. That is, if there was a third season back in 1992. Since there is a 25 years long gap, then it's not a direct sequel. I think I made myself quite clear.
You did, but I'm not sure your criteria as to what makes a direct sequel is valid. I.e., I think how long after a preceding entry of a franchise/series/saga/whatnot a succeeding one is set (or made) doesn't (not necessarily, and certainly not absolutely) help when determining whether we're dealing with a direct or indirect (or any kind of) sequel.
Last edited by Agent Earle on Wed May 17, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

Mordeen wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:
Mordeen wrote: Wow I lasted exactly 15 seconds before desperately mashing the red X of my browser window. I think my mouse button broke.

-Mordeen
i dont understand what you mean.. :P
Heh, but I'm that guy who thinks the only good "Twin Peaks" song is Black Lodge by Anthrax and thinks the house band at the Roadhouse should either be Megadeth or Slayer.

-Mordeen

EDIT: I meant Twin Peaks cover or inspired song, not original. The original stuff plays almost daily in my house.

what about this one?:

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Not so much.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Mordeen wrote:What, like this?

-Mordeen
LOL yes like that.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Audrey Horne wrote:I think at this stage- and with only a few days left, and for varying degrees of twenty seven years of waiting - let everyone enjoy this time when anything and everything is possible. If someone wants Audrey to be an FBI agent, or someone is adamant about certain continuity - let them have it at this moment. We're never getting back some of the wonderment we had in our frustration of what if.
This.

+ Lets hope this thread exists 25 years from now so that we can reread all our oversiked reaction :D
"Your log and I are on the same page."
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I guess now is as good a time as any to start debating the ending we think is going to happen...

...really David Lynch? A flash sideways and all the characters we know and love are dead at the end?

I can't believe we waited 25 years for this!

Anyone else feel like complaining about anything before the show even airs its first minute :-).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Agent Earle wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
Agent Earle wrote: They did kinda make a big deal out of this CONTINUING what came before, back around the time of the announcement. Feel like the words one would use to describe a "direct sequel" to me. And now I'll shut my trap on the subject. At least until we know anything more.
And no, this is not a direct sequel. It would be a direct sequel if it picked up a few minutes or hours or days after the finale. That is, if there was a third season back in 1992. Since there is a 25 years long gap, then it's not a direct sequel. I think I made myself quite clear.
You did, but I'm not sure your criteria as to what makes a direct sequel is valid. I.e., I think how long after a preceding entry of a franchise/series/saga/whatnot a succeeding one is set (or made) doesn't (not necessarily, and certainly not absolutely) help when determining whether we're dealing with a direct or indirect (or any kind of) sequel.
Yeah, it's just my interpretation of the word. The show won't start in Coop's bathroom in the Great Northern, we're 25 years after that night. Maybe I'm not using the right word but I think you understand my point. Which is that there's no need for total continuity, just the broad strokes and the important aspects that are carried through from the original series to The Return.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

mtwentz wrote:I guess now is as good a time as any to start debating the ending we think is going to happen...

...really David Lynch? A flash sideways and all the characters we know and love are dead at the end?

I can't believe we waited 25 years for this!

Anyone else feel like complaining about anything before the show even airs its first minute :-).
I'd like to complain about something, as a matter of fact.

I'm sick and tired of being happy that it's coming back.

Meanwool, I think it ends with Coop dying to save the Palmers. He makes some terrible sacrifice in the past to be Bob's target instead of Leland, which is what Bob wanted in the first place. Bob wins, but Twin Peaks is spared. We have a scene of Laura graduating high school, fade to her getting married to James (yes, James, you haters), fade to Cooper in the Lodge, sitting in a circle of candles and grinning like a madman. Cut. No credits. The End.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .