NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

adl345
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by adl345 »

Fair warning to anyone that's planning on going tweet-hunting for reactions later tonight:

The first impression reviews of the premiere, likely written within a couple hours of first viewing, are going to be pretty useless. First impression tweets of the premiere written immediately after watching are going to be infinitely more useless.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

mtwentz wrote:
Panapaok wrote:Yeah, he was pretty great. Solid interviews.
I thought he did a great job too.

Chrysta Bell seemed fairly flirtatious with him :-).

As someone not familiar with Chrysta Bell previously all I can say is.... Bellissimo :D
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

Laura and Kyle hug it out. Looks like Dana made it https://www.instagram.com/p/BUS5L-clVuf/
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Post by twin-b »

Esselgee wrote:
twin-b wrote:
Esselgee wrote:Did the interview say that Laura Dern was in Lost Highway?

Also, he said to Harry Goaz that Andy hadn't appeared in any of the trailers released so far....Uh, what?
He said Andy didn't have a beard in any of the trailers. He was just commenting on Harry's beard/appearance.
Ah, ok. Thanks. That's what I get for trying to watch and make dinner at the same time.

The interviewer is Darren Franich. He is one of the hosts of EW's TP podcast. He also does a show, "Entertainment Weirdly", once a week on SiriusXM's EW Radio channel.
I just rewatched the Laura Dern part. Darren started to say she was in Lost Highway (he did say "Lost Highway") but caught himself, and changed it to Inland Empire.
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

685550954.jpg
685550954.jpg (200.98 KiB) Viewed 8661 times
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

adl345 wrote:Fair warning to anyone that's planning on going tweet-hunting for reactions later tonight:

The first impression reviews of the premiere, likely written within a couple hours of first viewing, are going to be pretty useless. First impression tweets of the premiere written immediately after watching are going to be infinitely more useless.
Agreed. They'll be extremes of love and hate.

I'll still read some.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Not saying they are because there's nothing to prove otherwise but imagine Joan Chen or Heather Graham knowing they are in the new season but not being able to attend the shows premier... That would kind of be difficult I would imagine in addition to having to keep it secret.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

chromereflectsimage wrote:Laura and Kyle hug it out. Looks like Dana made it https://www.instagram.com/p/BUS5L-clVuf/
Love this photo!
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

adl345 wrote:Fair warning to anyone that's planning on going tweet-hunting for reactions later tonight:

Probably true. I remember all these tweets saying how awesome The Force Awakens was supposed to be, and it turned out to be a complete retread of A New Hope.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

twin-b wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Panapaok wrote:Yeah, he was pretty great. Solid interviews.
I thought he did a great job too.

Chrysta Bell seemed fairly flirtatious with him :-).
I was put off by Chrysta. Is she always like that? (Could just be me.)
In what way? I'll admit, she did seem a bit strange, but then again, she's in the orbit of David Lynch...
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Odnetnin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Odnetnin »

I saw her at Festival of Disruption last year, and yeah, she's always like that. Her performance of "Night Ride" (a song written by Lynch) was laughably bad.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Odnetnin wrote:I saw her at Festival of Disruption last year, and yeah, she's always like that. Her performance of "Night Ride" (a song written by Lynch) was laughably bad.

Maybe her performances are bad but something about her look/personality was very alluring to me. Then again I chose to sit at home on a Friday night and live stream the Twin Peaks premier instead of going out so what do I know.. :lol:
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Chrysta Bell's always struck me as weird. But I usually love her singing. I just hope Lynch has helped mold her performance - I expect good things.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Mace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mace »

Over the years Lynch has gotten very good performances out average actors/non-actors. (And he gets fantastic performances out of good actors.)
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

I've actually found chrysta bell to be incredibly charming and interesting in every interview I've seen her give. Her music however has not really worked for me .. I keep trying to like it but so far it's a no go for me. I think she's beautiful though I am not surprised at all that lynch is fascinated by her.