NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Pölkkyrouva
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Pölkkyrouva »

OrsonWelles wrote:What about Monica Bellucci.She's a very high-profile actrice but she's been absent of promo's etc.?
I bet that she is just busy with Cannes. She is opening the festival this year as the mistress of ceremonies. I'm quite certain she'll be there for Cannes red carpet next week though, even if her role is small.
Let a smile be your umbrella. — FBI Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Judge Giant wrote:Dutch piece here with some interesting thoughts after watching the premiere. ZERO spoilers btw.

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2017/05/20/da ... 1-a1559766

You need to translate it, obviously. Didn't want to put the quote directly into here just incase...
Poor accountant gave millions and millions never saw even one scene!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Ross wrote:
Venus wrote:Does anyone know why Rob Morrow and his wife Debbon Ayer were there? All I can think is Northern Exposure is a tenuous link but surely there must be more of a link?
Not sure! But Marcia Brady was there too. So some unrelated people got invites somehow.

Morrow tweeted a very positive response to the premiere!
So he did!
Attachments
rm tweet.png
rm tweet.png (622.41 KiB) Viewed 9641 times
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
OrsonWelles
Roadhouse Member

Post by OrsonWelles »

Judge Giant wrote:Dutch piece here with some interesting thoughts after watching the premiere. ZERO spoilers btw.

You need to translate it, obviously. Didn't want to put the quote directly into here just incase...
Not THAT positive is it? (Well, not negative. He's just saying the actors and crew were perhaps a bit too enthusiastic for it to be entirely sincere and that Lynch didn't pay attention to fans. But still)
Judge Giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by Judge Giant »

Venus wrote:
Ross wrote:
Venus wrote:Does anyone know why Rob Morrow and his wife Debbon Ayer were there? All I can think is Northern Exposure is a tenuous link but surely there must be more of a link?
Not sure! But Marcia Brady was there too. So some unrelated people got invites somehow.

Morrow tweeted a very positive response to the premiere!
So he did!
Saw another blue tick (I can't remember who...) retweet/quote this in a way that pretty much confirmed they felt the same way.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.

Visit my Lynch blog at https://lynchiantimes.wordpress.com, or follow on twitter https://twitter.com/LynchianTimes
Fashion Suicide
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fashion Suicide »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o38ZhonzEYU#t=152.85542

So, they DID at least both re-watch the last episode at least.
Judge Giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by Judge Giant »

OrsonWelles wrote:

Not THAT positive is it? (Well, not negative. He's just saying the actors and crew were perhaps a bit too enthusiastic for it to be entirely sincere and that Lynch didn't pay attention to fans. But still)
It's hard to tell due to it being a translation, but I get a positive vibe from it myself. At the very least what they say about horror/humour will please some.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.

Visit my Lynch blog at https://lynchiantimes.wordpress.com, or follow on twitter https://twitter.com/LynchianTimes
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

The important take away from that Dutch article is that the new Peaks has equal parts humor and horror, and that the audience laughed at all the right times.

Seems like that should relax some here. :D
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Dr. Joel Fleischman! :D
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:The important take away from that Dutch article is that the new Peaks has equal parts humor and horror, and that the audience laughed at all the right times.

My big takeaway is that translation software makes for a lot of hilarity.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Ross wrote:Did Lynch and Frost interact at all at the premiere?
I too would be interested to find out. I think it's weird they weren't photographed together. I would have thought someone could have staged managed the two co-creators side by side for the photo call. It would have been a great moment.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:The important take away from that Dutch article is that the new Peaks has equal parts humor and horror, and that the audience laughed at all the right times.

I think that an even bigger thing to take away from the article is that it states very clearly that is has the samen feel/vibe as the original. If true, that is the single biggest piece of TP news since the announcement of the return. Much, much bigger news than information about this or that actor (not) returning.

Keeping my fingers crossed, though, that the reviewer is wrong or that it will be increasingly dark and abstract from part 3/4 on. I would be extremely dissapointed if the entire Return feels familiar to the first seasons.

I'm staying positive for now. Lynch himself said that season 2 sucked. So I'm confident that the old mistakes will not be repeated and that we will see a higher quality show.
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

Venus wrote:
Ross wrote:Did Lynch and Frost interact at all at the premiere?
I too would be interested to find out. I think it's weird they weren't photographed together. I would have thought someone could have staged managed the two co-creators side by side for the photo call. It would have been a great moment.
Am I the only one who's sensing tension between the two? Is that why you were asking this, Ross? It's nothing more than reading between the lines, of course. But I get the impression that they are far from inseparable.

The guy interviewing the cast did not mention Mark a single time by the way. It was all David, David, David.
Last edited by Rhodes on Sat May 20, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

Rhodes wrote:
Am I the only one who's sensing tension between the two?.
i feel the same , since lynch "left" ...
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

Rhodes wrote: Am I the only one who's sensing tension between the two? It's nothing more than reading between the lines, of course. But I get the impression that they are far from inseparable.

The guy interviewing the cast did not mention Mark a single time by the way. It was all David, David, David.
I mean, based on what? This is basically all conjecture and trying to squeeze something out of a whole lot of nothing. None of us are privy to what their personal or professional relationship is or isn't.