NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Twink Peaks »

Jonah wrote:I haven't rewatched the show since 2015, which is strange as I used to rewatch it almost every year. I was going to rewatch some before the premiere, but now I think it might be better to go in "fresh", operating off memory, and rewatch later on.
completely agree! :D
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

Jonah wrote:
kafa81 wrote:
Jonah wrote:
Glad I read it. Was spoiler-ish but really only ish. More a list of exciting teases. The first one in particular has me excited and I think I know what he's hinting at. Would love to speculate on that here, but not sure if it's allowed, even behind spoiler tags?
Hope it didn't ruin anything for you...anyone know where those cool coffee mugs can be purchased? Saw one on twitter last night, it looked amazing!
No, it didn't ruin anything. Got me more excited than anything else! But can see how some people might consider it spoilery. I feel it didn't spoil anything, more teased things. For example, let's say I was trying to get your expectations up for a film about a ship, I might write - "The best character in this isn't even on the ship!" It's that kind of thing, maybe a little more spoilery than that, given that we know the returning characters/show history so might be able to guess who or what he's hinting at sometimes. I enjoyed it though.

Regarding the mugs, do you mean the Coop and Laura ones? If so, then that's on the Showtime website. I wanted to buy them but postage/shipping to Europe was same cost as the mugs themselves, so too expensive.

No no..I mean these
Odnetnin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Odnetnin »

Panapaok wrote:Did anyone manage to save the details of the article that were deleted?
Seconded. I'd appreciate if anyone could either post them here behind a spoiler tag, or message them to us privately.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Odnetnin wrote:
Panapaok wrote:Did anyone manage to save the details of the article that were deleted?
Seconded. I'd appreciate if anyone could either post them here behind a spoiler tag, or message them to us privately.
Check your PM.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Got the PMs. Thanks guys! Will keep speculation to PMs until/unless we're advised otherwise.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:It's a business, that's the vibe I get out of the both of them when it comes to working together. They like doing it but outside aren't really friends or anything.
They've both said at various points that they ARE friends and that they hung out semi-regularly before they had any serious plan to revive the show. Kyle also said in Brad's book (circa 2014?) that although DKL & Frost fell out in the '90s, they had an incredible friendship (I think that was the phrase he used) as of that time. (EDIT: I was off base. The quote was Harley Peyton, and he said "tremendous relationship.")

It's shocking how few times the two have EVER publicly appeared together. I sort of like it, it contributes to the mystique. I find it hard to even imagine them interacting, but I love to imagine the two of them writing One Saliva Bubble or On the Air and cracking up like kids over their own dumb jokes.

Up to this moment I haven't had a single specific hope for this season, aside from it being challenging and great (ok, and a surprise Bowie appearance). But I now just decided I REALLY want to see Cyril Pons interview Gordon!
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Sat May 20, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Metamorphia wrote:I don't know how I'm going to be able to stand these next 24 hours.
And to make it worse for me, scattered thunderstorms are in the forecast where I live
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jacoby

Post by Jacoby »

Metamorphia wrote:I don't know how I'm going to be able to stand these next 24 hours.
I'm about to go get hammered with some friends, so thats sort of like time travelin' for me 8)
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I'll also take those deleted details, thanks.

I think people are overthinking Lynch and Frost. Lynch tends to speak off the cuff; he said Frost co-wrote with him, I think people are just getting hung up on his usual blunt wording. I've seen no sign of coldness or distance from either, they're both just doing their own thing. And Frost has spoken plenty since Lynch returned to the project.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
EwanM
Roadhouse Member

Post by EwanM »

Metamorphia wrote:What prep are you guys doing tomorrow then? I'm going to watch FWWM just before and time it just up to the broadcast, and probably do Blue Velvet before.
I was planning on rewatching everything: pilot, season 1, season 2, FWWM and the Missing Pieces.
Season 1 was a breeze, and generally enjoyed season 2 up to, and including, episode 16 ('Arbitrary Law'), but had to bail out after episode 17 ('Dispute Between Brothers'). Despite watching the Lynch-directed episodes many times over the years, I've never watched season two in its entirety since the original broadcast. Genuinely forgot TP got so bad. That episode was hard to watch. Disastrous in every respect. Have decided to skip straight to the season 2 finale tonight and watch FWWM and Missing Pieces on Sunday before the new episodes.
Last edited by EwanM on Sat May 20, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Watching S1 on Amazon-Showtime live feed, and it looks perfect, no flaws.

Can't wait for Sunday night!
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I wonder if DKL shot decoy scenes, like Ben killing Maddy.
sylviecerise
Roadhouse Member

Post by sylviecerise »

Anyone struggling to find healthy-ish dishes for their viewing menu? Just went grocery shopping and ended up buying asparagus—luckily don't hate it as much as Laura does.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

sylviecerise wrote:Anyone struggling to find healthy-ish dishes for their viewing menu? Just went grocery shopping and ended up buying asparagus—luckily don't hate it as much as Laura does.

I don't do coffee or else I'd have the full trifecta. Going out and buying some donuts tomorrow morning for breakfast then cherry pie for the show. Have some sour cherry beer I might drink but I think I'd like to be fully coherent for the occasion.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
sylviecerise wrote:Anyone struggling to find healthy-ish dishes for their viewing menu? Just went grocery shopping and ended up buying asparagus—luckily don't hate it as much as Laura does.

I don't do coffee or else I'd have the full trifecta. Going out and buying some donuts tomorrow morning for breakfast then cherry pie for the show. Have some sour cherry beer I might drink but I think I'd like to be fully coherent for the occasion.
I am Also getting some donuts and pie tomorrow morning ! I've got decaf coffee to enjoy during the show ... debating if I want to have some beers myself haha. I think having a clear mind will be best tho