NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by N. Needleman »

If anyone got those deets before they went down, send em along to me.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

My spoiler tags are hiding everything when I quote so:
Spoiler:
I'm erring more towards the guy was messing with everybody, because it wouldn't make sense to get rid of his post and keep the others. OR maybe he felt like backing-off & regretted saying anything? hmmm
GreenIsItsColor

Post by GreenIsItsColor »

He could be trolling but I've read from more than one person that it is accurate to what the episodes are like. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. :D
Green is its color.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Is anyone going to be video recording themselves while watching the premiere (or subsequent episodes)? I know that for Game of Thrones, these "reaction videos" can become quite popular. Showtime could even end up using them to help market the show. Who knows what shocking things will happen and cause viewers to freak out. I'm sure many of us will be in tears tomorrow night just at the sight of familiar characters and locations. I won't be recording myself though, but maybe some of you will.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

The various impressions match with the other review, though the reactions are positive and negative depending on the person.

Personally I don't mind what I'm hearing. I know the stories will coalesce.

Is that non-spoilery enough?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Cstar84
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cstar84 »

GreenIsItsColor wrote:He could be trolling but I've read from more than one person that it is accurate to what the episodes are like. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. :D
Yep! Although I have to say I'm going to be a bit disappointed if the first two were accurately described by that person. Don't get me wrong. I love just about anything Lynch does (Inland Empire is probably my favorite of his films, along with FWWM), and I'll get over it as I'm sure it will go to wonderful and strange new places, but it will still be a bit deflating. At least at first.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

GreenIsItsColor wrote:He could be trolling but I've read from more than one person that it is accurate to what the episodes are like. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. :D
How much trust are you going to put in an anonymous Reddit poster who cites an unnamed friend?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
GreenIsItsColor

Cstar84 wrote:
Yep! Although I have to say I'm going to be a bit disappointed if the first two were accurately described by that person. Don't get me wrong. I love just about anything Lynch does (Inland Empire is probably my favorite of his films, along with FWWM), and I'll get over it as I'm sure it will go to wonderful and strange new places, but it will still be a bit deflating. At least at first.
Good thing is, it's only the first two episodes. We got 16 hours after that! :D This all still feels a bit surreal to me.
Green is its color.
Cstar84
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cstar84 »

GreenIsItsColor wrote:
Cstar84 wrote:
Good thing is, it's only the first two episodes. We got 16 hours after that! :D This all still feels a bit surreal to me.
Very true. This IS Lynch we're talking about, after all. I'd be very surprised if the first 2 hours are a fully accurate reflection of what the entire series will be.
GreenIsItsColor

mtwentz wrote:
How much trust are you going to put in an anonymous Reddit poster who cites an unnamed friend?
Only with grains of salt, but it would explain Price Peterson's comment on his Twitter.
Green is its color.
Agent327
Roadhouse Member

Post by Agent327 »

Reading the first reactions, especially the Price Peterson review (plot spoiler free one), I feel exactly like I've felt for months. It reinforces the notion that this will be a David Lynch experience, more than a Twin Peaks one. And that is perfectly fine. We already got the classic Twin Peaks the first time around. Had a lot to do with the time and where everyone were mentally, in their lives, in their careers etc. So many factors. All that has changed.
And knowing Lynch, he is one to embrace those changes, and look at it as adventure. Opportunity.

The "Whatever your expectations are, they will not be met" quote is ironically what I've expected for the longest time. It hints at the very least something quite different than what we've seen before. Although still (of course) with some familiar characters, settings, mix of humor and horror etc.

I really recommend that people just go into this with a completely open mind, be open to this an an experience, not long or search for them to 'recapture' anything, really.
Try not to get lost in thoughts about how old people look now compared to then, the digital look, how this may "step" on the original's legacy in terms of story points etc.

Instead, get into the storytelling, the narrative and the new version of this world.

I think if people go into it with an open mind, we're in for something that is sure to thrill, upset, sicken and amuse, and lay the ground work for endless interesting debate.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

This Reddit story should be given no weight it is jus too poorly sourced.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
heLL paso

Post by heLL paso »

I think it was posted after Price Peterson's take on it, so thereddit dude could have easily made shit up based on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
diegojavs

Post by diegojavs »

No Spoilers
But before we dive in, here's what I do feel at liberty to say about those episodes we saw: Lynch has lost nothing. In fact, he's learned some new tricks, refined his old ones, maybe even found the height of his powers. This is no mere revisitation; there is new ground broken. And if you feel goosebumps as you read that, good. That's good.
MASHABLE/JOSH DICKEY
http://mashable.com/2017/05/20/twin-pea ... qYBJ_joiqx
:wink:
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Imdb.com has one Spoilerish review by one user. His review title reads "it's a strong comeback" and he has rated it 10/10