NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Drammatubero

Re: RE: Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Drammatubero »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I'm torn between the desire to refresh this thread every few minutes on my phone because I need to share my excitement with like-minded fans and the terror that some bonehead is going to post a spoiler and I'll see it in the second before a mod deletes it, undermining my spoiler-free entry into the show so close to the moment.

Thanks, Drammatubero, for being so respectful! Your replies are perfect and make me even more excited.

Aside from the heartbreaking period when DKL bowed out, I've had zero problem with the wait thus far. But I can already feel that I'm gonna be a train wreck today.
You're welcome. I've been lurking in here for a while and I appreciate this board and its users. I can't wait for you people to see this, you'll have a lot to process and discuss!

Inviato dal mio SM-J500FN utilizzando Tapatalk
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by mtwentz »

Speaking of IMDB, it now has 442 User Reviews with a 9.9 rating.

That is a big jump in reviews since krishnanspace did a screenshot the other day, so I hope most of these new reviews are from people who have actually seen the pilot, which would be a good sign.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:There's only one thing in S3 that will cause me sadness. No Jack Nance.
Seeing Miguel and Warren Frost :(
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:There's only one thing in S3 that will cause me sadness. No Jack Nance.
Seeing Miguel and Warren Frost :(
And the Log Lady, of course.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

If Coulson didn't film much material (which I assume to be the case given how early in production she passed), I really hope her scenes appear later in the run. I'd hate to be done with her super early in the show. She deserves a truly pivotal moment on par with Episode 14.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Sun May 21, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Havent seen it mentioned in the thread. A little side note, the owners of the Palmer House were also attendees at the Premiere. :)
Skip Bittman
Roadhouse Member

Post by Skip Bittman »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: I'd hate to be done with her super early in the show. She deserves a truly pivotal moment on par with Episode 14.
Ah but wouldn't it be lovely to have it begin with a Log Lady intro? Perhaps too on the nose, but a charming thought.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

mtwentz wrote:Speaking of IMDB, it now has 442 User Reviews with a 9.9 rating.

That is a big jump in reviews since krishnanspace did a screenshot the other day, so I hope most of these new reviews are from people who have actually seen the pilot, which would be a good sign.
Possible, but I imagine at least 80% of those are just Twin Peaks fans preemptively voting. It happens on IMDb all the time, especially with films with big preexisting audiences like Star Wars, Star Trek, superheros.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Metamorphia wrote:

Possible, but I imagine at least 80% of those are just Twin Peaks fans preemptively voting. It happens on IMDb all the time, especially with films with big preexisting audiences like Star Wars, Star Trek, superheros.
In my view, even though they are Twin Peaks fans and think they are trying to help, it just hurts the credibility of IMDB as a source (I often use it to gauge whether or not I want to see a film or TV show).

Hopefully there will end up being so many ratings that the 300 or so who have given false ratings will be drowned out.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

IMDB has no credibility really; anything that has an online fanbase is severely overrated, and any great challenging films made this century (and therefore not part of the canon yet) are severely underrated.
Mr. Reindeer wrote:If Coulson didn't film much material (which I assume to be the case given how early in production she passed), I really hope her scenes appear later in the run. I'd hate to be done with her super early in the show. She deserves a truly pivotal moment on par with Episode 14.
Since she and Lynch were so close, I hope and assume they would have been aware of the circumstances and made an effort to shoot her material as early as possible.
Last edited by Cde. on Sun May 21, 2017 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:Havent seen it mentioned in the thread. A little side note, the owners of the Palmer House were also attendees at the Premiere. :)
That's really cool.
I'll see you in the trees
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Cde. wrote:IMDB has no credibility really; anything that has an online fanbase is severely overrated, and anything great challenging films made this century (and therefore not part of the canon yet) are severely underrated.
Mr. Reindeer wrote:If Coulson didn't film much material (which I assume to be the case given how early in production she passed), I really hope her scenes appear later in the run. I'd hate to be done with her super early in the show. She deserves a truly pivotal moment on par with Episode 14.
Since she and Lynch were so close, I hope and assume they would have been aware of the circumstances and made an effort to shoot her material as early as possible.
I agree, and I imagine that's the reason we're getting anything at all from her. But given how early in production she passed, I imagine they weren't able to do everything they might have planned/scripted for the character (realities of location shooting, the availability of other actors, and of course whatever pain/physical impairment Ms. Coulson may have been suffering). I may cry when I see her hefting that log.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

mtwentz wrote:
Metamorphia wrote:

In my view, even though they are Twin Peaks fans and think they are trying to help, it just hurts the credibility of IMDB as a source (I often use it to gauge whether or not I want to see a film or TV show).

Hopefully there will end up being so many ratings that the 300 or so who have given false ratings will be drowned out.
Agreed.

S3 will end up with a really high rating anyway. TV shows always do, much more so than movies on IMDb for some reason.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Can someone fill this newbie in on why he's DKL rather than just DL?
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Cde. wrote:Can someone fill this newbie in on why he's DKL rather than just DL?
His middle name is Keith.
I'll see you in the trees