NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Jonah »

Hmm, Cooper driving is not new footage? That surprises me. I don't remember seeing that in the other teasers. Which one?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

Is dugpa's clock right? 2 hours and 30 minutes (as I write this)? The show will be on demand in 2 hours then?
I don't know since I'm not from the US and I got really confused trying to make sense of time over there.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

3.5 hours.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Post by crazyscottishguy »

I was thinking about the reaction of people who watched TV premiere and said among other things that they were enraged. I hope Lynch doesn't pull a retcon on us, pretending that Laura's killer was never revealed or completely ignore S2 events and pretend they never occured or establish alternative facts or a new context. Just my 2 cents.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Am I alone in hoping it's not too disturbing?
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

crazyscottishguy wrote:I was thinking about the reaction of people who watched TV premiere and said among other things that they were enraged. I hope Lynch doesn't pull a retcon on us, pretending that Laura's killer was never revealed or completely ignore S2 events and pretend they never occured or establish alternative facts or a new context. Just my 2 cents.

I was thinking the 'enraged' comment might have meant that Coop's identity or whereabouts isn't touched on until just before the closing credits. If this is the case, at least Eps 3 & 4 will be ready straight away...
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

Jonah wrote:Am I alone in hoping it's not too disturbing?
Yes. I want this to be very dark and disturbing. Twin Peaks was always strongest in the darkest parts of it's journey.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

Calderon wrote:
Yes. I want this to be very dark and disturbing. Twin Peaks was always strongest in the darkest parts of it's journey.
Absolutely!
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

My girlfriend is probably in your camp. I'm hoping it's disturbing as hell. No one does outright skin-crawling creepiness quite the way DKL does. I definitely want as many more of those moments from him as possible while he's healthy and willing to work.

I'm very curious if the series touches at all on the July 2016 crime scene mentioned in Mark's book. It strikes me as unlikely, since filming had wrapped months before July '16, whereas the date makes sense from Mark's POV because that's presumably when he was writing. Or maybe that crime scene occurs in the show and Mark was already retconning the show's dates?
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

I'm excited to see how disturbing it'll be. Lynch is the master.
arczi_ancymon

Post by arczi_ancymon »

Guys, PM me the stuff. Can't find it! ;(
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

You're not!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:"Evil Coop" is a troubling concept in many ways. 25 years have passed, and if Coop was "with Bob" [to use DKL's phrase -- like being with child :lol:] for all that time, it will feel like a cheat if he hasn't done at least a few truly heinous things. And my personal view of Bob is that the host NEEDS to be accountable to some degree, or else the mythology becomes cheap and much less interesting ("Leland's a good guy who got possessed" is a horror movie plot, not an intriguing Lynchian concept; doppels are also boring if they're played solely as an "evil Spock" trope as opposed to a true extension of the self).

At the same time, it would be so so painful to see our beloved sweet kind Coop go such a dark route. I'd be terrified of the result if anyone but DKL were at the helm. But he so gets who Coop is at his core (I was just rereading the Rodley book where he talks about having to pull Kyle back to the character in a way that other directors maybe didn't do during the "flannel" period), and I trust him to find the balance between exploring the dichotomy in the character in MD/LH/IE fashion (i'm talking thematically similar, not necessarily narratively), while staying true to the core of the character.

Goddamn. Just under four hours to go.
What if someone found out about Coop and kidnapped him and drugged him all these years?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Oh my god am I ready for this.

Just finished Blue Velvet - Kyle and Laura with the robin, oh my god it gets more and more beautiful with age. Cannot wait to see these two once more.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Yes! Haha.

David Lynch is one of the only directors who's capable of eliciting genuine terror in me. I love it.