NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
Soolsma

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Postby Soolsma » Mon May 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Agent327 wrote: This is more of a super interesting bonus experience..

My feelings exactly
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
NorthwestDreamer

Postby NorthwestDreamer » Mon May 22, 2017 8:50 pm

r
Last edited by NorthwestDreamer on Mon May 22, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Horne

Postby Jerry Horne » Mon May 22, 2017 9:51 pm

Don't forget all, there is an active spoiler section for the new series here:

viewforum.php?f=29
Coffee

Postby Coffee » Mon May 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Watched the first three. Don't want to pick up any spoilers about the fourth so not yet posting elsewhere on the site. But WOW... this is something else. I couldn't sleep last night after those three episodes, my mind a spinning mess as I tried to comprehend what I'd just seen!
euro

Postby euro » Tue May 23, 2017 4:54 am

Just watched the first 10-15 Minutes yesterday. German Version will be Available on Thursday Evening,

It's crazy. And it's David Lynch. It's different and that's okay so, we are not in the Ninties anymore.
Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me
claaa7

Postby claaa7 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:16 am

euro wrote:Just watched the first 10-15 Minutes yesterday. German Version will be Available on Thursday Evening,

It's crazy. And it's David Lynch. It's different and that's okay so, we are not in the Ninties anymore.

what do you mean German version? will it be dubbed in german or are you talking about subtitles?
TweetPeak

Postby TweetPeak » Tue May 23, 2017 5:22 am

it will be dubbed (airing on Sky Atlantic HD Germany) and will be available on Sky On Demand (Sky Go, Sky Ticket)
Panapaok

Postby Panapaok » Tue May 23, 2017 5:30 am

74/100 Metascore and 95% on Rotten Tomatoes:
Critics Consensus: Surreal, suspenseful, and visually stunning, this new Twin Peaks is an auteurist triumph for David Lynch.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
AgentEcho

Postby AgentEcho » Tue May 23, 2017 7:02 am

The reactions have been interesting. Honestly there would be something amiss if there weren't polarizing reactions, but it's interesting that the disparity has been greater among fans than critics, who largely seem on board. Some people hated the first two episodes and loved the next two. Some vice versa. I'm personally liking it so far but thought 3=4, at least on initial reaction, was so far the weakest works Lynch has directed in the TP franchise. I will most certainly watch all four episodes again before episode 5 airs and perhaps my opinion will change a bit. And of course it almost certainly will change once I've seen how the entire series plays out. I always find people are too quick to rush to judgement with episodic series with many chapters left to air.
Jerry Horne

Postby Jerry Horne » Tue May 23, 2017 7:06 am

sackboy97

Postby sackboy97 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:16 am

I think that most people would have watched it "on demand", which I'm not sure counts in said numbers.
Soolsma

Postby Soolsma » Tue May 23, 2017 7:20 am

Can't say I feel a surprise or an ouch there. Newsflash: people like their comfortable generic stuff. Advertising being on the scarce side is probably also a factor here.
I am happily surprised ratings are so good though, I half expected this to hit FWWM-like lows.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jerry Horne

Postby Jerry Horne » Tue May 23, 2017 7:27 am

I'd love to have a bug in Nevin's office today. The prestige, the merchandise sales, will it be enough? Whatever happens, we have 18 hours of Peaks we never thought we would get.
AgentEcho

Postby AgentEcho » Tue May 23, 2017 7:31 am

I'd be interested to know if there was a spike in Showtime On Demand subscriptions. I know I subscribed on Sunday, and I suspect many people did the same either Sunday or in the days leading up to it. It's not like those numbers would be less important to Showtime than the live ratings. In fact the availability of the ala carte on demand service probably affected the live ratings, and I'm sure Showtime is aware of that.
mfleite

Postby mfleite » Tue May 23, 2017 7:32 am

Not too suprised. I think the streaming/DVR numbers will be high.

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”