NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Soolsma »

There are spoilers in the above article
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
richsmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by richsmith »

Pölkkyrouva wrote:
Dalai Cooper wrote:Re showtime losing money on this due to low ratings meaning less ad revenue: do they get a cut from all that merchandising tat? If so, I'd imagine between that, subs, DVD/BR sales and selling the streaming rights to overseas territories they'll do alright. Plus, yeah, the prestige of having a near-universally celebrated series.
Showtime is a cable channel and thus they don't rely on ad revenue. It's subscription fees that count the most and The Return has already got Showtime a bunch of new subscribers, especially On Demand. And it's a huge thing to have a name like Lynch on board, that kind of prestige is likely even more important for Showtime than making money. For a show like Twin Peaks, making money isn't the main objective. Like you said, I bet they'll do allright!
The final viewership figures including streaming were 1.7 million. The premiere had the most streaming viewers ever for an original series debut. So overall a much stronger start than originally supposed. As so many of the new Peaks fans are millennials, I assume they'll be far more likely to stream the show at their own convenience over the course of the season rather than watch each episode live like us oldies might.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/twin-peaks- ... 202103347/
Poltergeist27

Post by Poltergeist27 »

richsmith wrote:
Pölkkyrouva wrote:
Dalai Cooper wrote:Re showtime losing money on this due to low ratings meaning less ad revenue: do they get a cut from all that merchandising tat? If so, I'd imagine between that, subs, DVD/BR sales and selling the streaming rights to overseas territories they'll do alright. Plus, yeah, the prestige of having a near-universally celebrated series.
Showtime is a cable channel and thus they don't rely on ad revenue. It's subscription fees that count the most and The Return has already got Showtime a bunch of new subscribers, especially On Demand. And it's a huge thing to have a name like Lynch on board, that kind of prestige is likely even more important for Showtime than making money. For a show like Twin Peaks, making money isn't the main objective. Like you said, I bet they'll do allright!
The final viewership figures including streaming were 1.7 million. The premiere had the most streaming viewers ever for an original series debut. So overall a much stronger start than originally supposed. As so many of the new Peaks fans are millennials, I assume they'll be far more likely to stream the show at their own convenience over the course of the season rather than watch each episode live like us oldies might.

I hope Showtime is happy with those figures. Wonder if it will be enough for them to consider another season between the strong streaming figures and the international licensing.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Haven't seen this been posted yet, so excuse me if so, but according to Hollywood Reporter (this may be BS of course, idk), Joan Chen, after informed that a new season of TP was coming, she send DL a letter, written in-character as Josie, pleading to bring her back to the show. The letter can be read in the article (and yes, Judy was Josies twin sister): http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... um=twitter
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

bob_wooler wrote:Haven't seen this been posted yet, so excuse me if so, but according to Hollywood Reporter (this may be BS of course, idk), Joan Chen, after informed that a new season of TP was coming, she send DL a letter, written in-character as Josie, pleading to bring her back to the show. The letter can be read in the article (and yes, Judy was Josies twin sister): http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... um=twitter
http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3558
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

krishnanspace wrote:
Anyone seen this??
That's badass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

I should've known :oops:
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

This one turned up 6 days ago and i went back 6 days in this thread and could not see it posted.. it's a promo for a few series on Showtime but as its structured it seems that it wouls feature several new small clips from The Return between 51 and 55 seconds in. interesting but it actually look like shots from some of the other series promoted sandwiched between the shots we already know. what do you think?

claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

love this one. especially considering the initial faith of Season 2 and FWWM:

Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

richsmith wrote:
Pölkkyrouva wrote:

This is a very good new!!! :D :D
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Poltergeist27 wrote:
richsmith wrote:
Pölkkyrouva wrote:

I hope Showtime is happy with those figures. Wonder if it will be enough for them to consider another season between the strong streaming figures and the international licensing.
Ovation in Cannes, very good reviews, very strong audience in streaming, international licensing... It is more than enought!! And of course, Showtime is very happy with this data.
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

I don`t know where to post this so I decided to try here... this may have also been mentioned somewhere so I apologize if I am repeating this
not really a spoiler or theory, something just weird if you ask me
:?

Matthew Lillard is in the new TP as the principal of some school, but he is also in a series called Bosch in which he plays a an FBI agent of sorts
Toy Evans was Principal Wolchek in Twin Peaks, but plays a detective in Bosch
In a season 3 episode they show a flashback of little Harry Bosch having lunch at a restaurant in LA...that restaurant...Musso and Frank ... I believe Mark Frost said that it was in that restaurant that he and Lynch decided it was time to go back to Twin Peaks :D

I know it is a bit stupid but just wanted to throw this out there :D

by the way, Titus Welliver would be a kickass addition to a future TP season if they ever decided to do one ... he does the "yeah I`m a prick and I don`t care" cop thing all too well :D
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

claaa7 wrote: clips from The Return between 51 and 55 seconds in. interesting but it actually look like shots from some of the other series promoted sandwiched between the shots we already know. what do you think?

yes theres other stuff from Homeland and Ray Donovoan between the TP Logo and Kahle emerging from the Shadow
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

kafa81 wrote:I don`t know where to post this so I decided to try here... this may have also been mentioned somewhere so I apologize if I am repeating this
not really a spoiler or theory, something just weird if you ask me
:?

Matthew Lillard is in the new TP as the principal of some school, but he is also in a series called Bosch in which he plays a an FBI agent of sorts
Toy Evans was Principal Wolchek in Twin Peaks, but plays a detective in Bosch
In a season 3 episode they show a flashback of little Harry Bosch having lunch at a restaurant in LA...that restaurant...Musso and Frank ... I believe Mark Frost said that it was in that restaurant that he and Lynch decided it was time to go back to Twin Peaks :D

I know it is a bit stupid but just wanted to throw this out there :D

by the way, Titus Welliver would be a kickass addition to a future TP season if they ever decided to do one ... he does the "yeah I`m a prick and I don`t care" cop thing all too well :D

Bosch is an incredible show. Very L.A. Noir