NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Panapaok »

eyeboogers wrote:
Cooperscoffeecup wrote:
Esselgee wrote:

Here ya go:
I remember this article, god we talked about those actresses for pages... How strategically placed were those poles in the shot of Kyle. you couldn't tell then that he had a wig on. Imagine if we saw the full Mr C back then :lol:
and we didn't spot him on that bottom cast & crew picture at all, since we weren't aware of the long hair.
What the hell? I can't believe that no one has ever spotted Kyle in that one. I've seen these pics a million times and I never saw Kyle with the wig, lol.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Sorry to go off-topic but can someone point me in the direction of the main thread about The Missing Pieces - I've searched through the forum and can't find it. Thanks in advance.

There's one under the FWWM thread, but seems to be only 10 pages or so long. I remember a much longer one. Also, is there a Rewatch thread? I've searched for these in the search forum but can't find either. Anyone have links? Thanks!
Last edited by Jonah on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Panapaok wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
Cooperscoffeecup wrote:
I remember this article, god we talked about those actresses for pages... How strategically placed were those poles in the shot of Kyle. you couldn't tell then that he had a wig on. Imagine if we saw the full Mr C back then :lol:
and we didn't spot him on that bottom cast & crew picture at all, since we weren't aware of the long hair.
What the hell? I can't believe that no one has ever spotted Kyle in that one. I've seen these pics a million times and I never saw Kyle with the wig, lol.
WOW. I've also looked at that pic a million times and it NEVER registered with me that Kyle was in the photo! :shock:
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Ashok wrote:
Panapaok wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:
WOW. I've also looked at that pic a million times and it NEVER registered with me that Kyle was in the photo! :shock:
...the cryptid we deserve.....
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Jonah wrote:We didn't
Spoiler:
see that scene with Bad Coop and Jennifer Jason Leigh yet
did we? The one we saw so far was different right?
i think i have missed something here.... :shock:
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

We live inside a dream.
ToriFreak2016

Post by ToriFreak2016 »

Anyone noticed that aside from the first two episodes, the ratings have ticked up each week. That's positive. We will see if that continues this week.

Zak
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Another thing re:ratings : there's probably a good number of people waiting to binge watch it after it's complete. AND rewatchers binge watching. Viewership life continues.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

ToriFreak2016 wrote:Anyone noticed that aside from the first two episodes, the ratings have ticked up each week. That's positive. We will see if that continues this week.

Zak
There's been such a consistent media and social media buzz on the show, it makes sense that more people are catching on.

But personally, I think analyzing shows' success according to live ratings these days makes little sense.

On a more important note, any leaks of Episode 7 yet? :mrgreen:

Boy, I love my clues and screenshots about what's coming up next.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:
ToriFreak2016 wrote:Anyone noticed that aside from the first two episodes, the ratings have ticked up each week. That's positive. We will see if that continues this week.

Zak
There's been such a consistent media and social media buzz on the show, it makes sense that more people are catching on.

But personally, I think analyzing shows' success according to live ratings these days makes little sense.

There is no way to put a good spin on the ratings: they are terrible. Twin Peaks is the 99th rated cable show.

That being said, that does not mean it won't end up being a financial success. A small but devoted international fan base can hopefully make up for the lack of a larger audience. In any case, I feel sorry for the millions who do not know what they are missing!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

mtwentz wrote:

Zak

There is no way to put a good spin on the ratings: they are terrible. Twin Peaks is the 99th rated cable show.

That being said, that does not mean it won't end up being a financial success. A small but devoted international fan base can hopefully make up for the lack of a larger audience. In any case, I feel sorry for the millions who do not know what they are missing!

The Audience of a series in this case Twin Peaks Season 3, is not only audience in live, also audience in streaming, online... All these audience is very important also. Part of these millions of people that you say i am sure that see in streaming. Twin Peaks Season 3 has a lot of audience that shown this numbers.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

The question is: why should we assume that live ratings matter when the show is on a pay channel?

For example, The Walking Dead's ratings at their highest would be lower if on a pay channel. Very few shows would overcome the pay barrier, maybe Game of Thrones would be one of them.

I think you have to look at other factors like streaming subscriptions, which cost less than Showtime, and critical buzz.

And again it's important to point out that great art has nothing to do with popularity. If it did, museums would have lines down the street trailing from them. Our culture is mainly interested in mindless entertainment, and anything that takes focus, time, and thoughtful analysis is going to be consider boring and difficult.

So depending on your POV, low popularity is a sign of success.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Harry S. Truman wrote:
mtwentz wrote:

The Audience of a series in this case Twin Peaks Season 3, is not only audience in live, also audience in streaming, online... All these audience is very important also. Part of these millions of people that you say i am sure that see in streaming. Twin Peaks Season 3 has a lot of audience that shown this numbers.
Most definitely and ultimately, Showtime cares most about 1) Prestige and 2) Subscriptions. Someone like me would never be counted in the Nielsen ratings because I do not have a cable subscription, I just bought the Showtime streaming app. If Twin Peaks can blow the roof of their Internet subscriptions, the ratings become less and less and important.

BTW, Harry, how have you been enjoying the show? I have not seen you on the forums very much. Or has it not aired in Spain yet?
Last edited by mtwentz on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:The question is: why should we assume that live ratings matter when the show is on a pay channel?

For example, The Walking Dead's ratings at their highest would be lower if on a pay channel. Very few shows would overcome the pay barrier, maybe Game of Thrones would be one of them.

I think you have to look at other factors like streaming subscriptions, which cost less than Showtime, and critical buzz.

And again it's important to point out that great art has nothing to do with popularity. If it did, museums would have lines down the street trailing from them. Our culture is mainly interested in mindless entertainment, and anything that takes focus, time, and thoughtful analysis is going to be consider boring and difficult.

So depending on your POV, low popularity is a sign of success.
They only matter to me because I would like the show to do really well: I would like for it to reach a larger public.

I hate having to worry about ratings, though, so I am really glad Lynch and Frost decided to make this a Limited Series. Thus, we do not have to worry about cancellation. I suspect like the original series and FWWM, this new show will grow in popularity over time.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly