NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by eyeboogers »

Are there no rating numbers from the finale?
fearltd
Roadhouse Member

Post by fearltd »

eyeboogers wrote:Are there no rating numbers from the finale?
http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/s ... -2017.html

Part 17: 254
Part 18: 240

Pretty much in line with the rest of the show. Not that I feel like the live ratings matter much anyway...
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

fearltd wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:Are there no rating numbers from the finale?
http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/s ... -2017.html

Part 17: 254
Part 18: 240

Pretty much in line with the rest of the show. Not that I feel like the live ratings matter much anyway...
I'm actually surprised by those numbers. After Part 8 dominated social media, Part 9 saw a fairly large influx of live viewers. I figured after Part 16 fared so well that we'd see an influx again, especially considering it was the finale and that Game of Thrones wasn't on. Oh well. I'm in the camp that understands that live numbers don't matter, but I'm still surprised.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Just adding this to the thread re: S4.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Looks like Kyle is going to be on Ellen tomorrow morning.
https://www.ellentube.com/episode/chann ... chlan.html
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Kyle was also interviewed on Sirius XM's Entertainment Weekly channel on Wednesday. You can listen to it on demand if you have access. The show is called Up All Afternoon with Kyle Anderson.

Kyle was also on the EW TP podcast.

It seems odd now that the show is ever, Kyle seems to be doing more press than ever. I don't understand what Showtime is going for here.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

It is peculiar, isn't it? Lynch is making a lot of noise about taking four more years, but I personally doubt it will take that long this time (if Season 4 happens, and I think it will). I think he is being prodded along by Laura Dern, along with the older folks in the cast beginning to leave us. And I think Showtime would like to continue the buzz and criticial praise - I can see them pushing for 2019-2020. Westworld took a year off.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

N. Needleman wrote:Goodbye, Carl.
Well shit.

I mean, the guy smoked, drank and worked til the end at a ripe old age. He had a great run. But what a profound loss to cinephiles. Paris, Texas is an all time great performance, everyone should see it.

His performance in the new season was beautiful, some of his most sensitive work. The guy hadn't lost a step. (And we got a song!! I really wish that had been on the soundtrack.) He joins Coulson, Ferrer and Warren Frost as having given us the gift of terrific work with so little time left. Thank Judy this show was made when it was.

Need to seek out Lucky. Anyone know if it's getting a limited release?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:Goodbye, Carl.
Well shit.

I mean, the guy smoked, drank and worked til the end at a ripe old age. He had a great run. But what a profound loss to cinephiles. Paris, Texas is an all time great performance, everyone should see it.

His performance in the new season was beautiful, some of his most sensitive work. The guy hadn't lost a step. (And we got a song!! I really wish that had been on the soundtrack.) He joins Coulson, Ferrer and Warren Frost as having given us the gift of terrific work with so little time left. Thank Judy this show was made when it was.

Need to seek out Lucky. Anyone know if it's getting a limited release?
Carl Rodd / HDS were one of the highlights of TPTR for me. His singing in Cool Hand Luke set a memorable scene as Luke visits his dying mother. A similar simple song and guitar playing was in TPTR. A kind of bookend. RIP HDS.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Kyle was at a Twin Peaks event at the DirectTV Programming Fair yesterday and it looks like he's gonna be on the The Late Late Show with James Corden tonight.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Looks like Kyle will be on Conan tonight, LOL.