NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Xavi
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Xavi »

Obviously someone in a hotelroom is looking at a TV-set that is showing Twin Peaks Season 3. Now, this is exactly what I've seen before about 11 years ago in the theatre; someone in a hotelroom looking at a movie on a TV-set that was going to be shown on the big white screen: INLAND EMPIRE !
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

^Also a popular interpretation of the end of fwwm

Four weeks, guys!
pineweasel

Post by pineweasel »

I'm grateful that Monday May 22 is a public holiday in Ontario. I'll be watching it with my best friend from high school, we were 14-15 during the original run and 17 when we saw FWWM together, and I think we've been traumatized ever since, but not in a bad way, Twin Peaks for us was always a black comedy. I know I will hear "What is this going to do to me?!" when we see Showtime presents...it's going to be a very late night but full of laughter.
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

Yeah Monday is booked off.
Cannot. Wait.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

I understand the sentiment of wanting to let the series percolate slowly in your mind with minimal outside input - it's obnoxious how quickly the internet hivemind over-analyzes everything and produces theories by the dozens, and I'd like to avoid, among other things, the flood of knee-jerk reactions to everything - but I'm not sure I'll be capable of staying off the board altogether. It seems like an easy decision now, but those will be long weeks in-between episodes.. er, parts.
I'll see you in the trees
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Rainwater wrote:I understand the sentiment of wanting to let the series percolate slowly in your mind with minimal outside input - it's obnoxious how quickly the internet hivemind over-analyzes everything and produces theories by the dozens, and I'd like to avoid, among other things, the flood of knee-jerk reactions to everything - but I'm not sure I'll be capable of staying off the board altogether. It seems like an easy decision now, but those will be long weeks in-between episodes.. er, parts.
:)

I believe the last two years since the initial announcement felt longer than 7 days between episodes are gonna, considering we'll have seen new stuff already by then.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Ideally, I'd stick to a middle ground. Watch the episode alone, let it work its magic, then hours later discuss it privately with my SO and like-minded friends, and a couple of days later, steady & ready to facepalm, see what the hell the internet is saying.
Of course these virtuous plans are gonna last about .25 minutes past the premiere :oops:
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

dronerstone wrote:
Rainwater wrote:I understand the sentiment of wanting to let the series percolate slowly in your mind with minimal outside input - it's obnoxious how quickly the internet hivemind over-analyzes everything and produces theories by the dozens, and I'd like to avoid, among other things, the flood of knee-jerk reactions to everything - but I'm not sure I'll be capable of staying off the board altogether. It seems like an easy decision now, but those will be long weeks in-between episodes.. er, parts.

I believe the last two years since the initial announcement felt longer than 7 days between episodes are gonna, considering we'll have seen new stuff already by then.
Yes, of course a week is nothing in comparison to the wait we've already endured, and to imply otherwise would be ridiculous, but what I'm saying is, precisely because there'll be a wealth of things to talk about, I'd expect the week to be a bit of a drag if you decide to stay away from discussion. And, of course, the more you like what you've seen, the stronger the craving for more.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Rainwater wrote:
dronerstone wrote:

Yes, of course a week is nothing in comparison to the wait we've already endured, and to imply otherwise would be ridiculous, but what I'm saying is, precisely because there'll be a wealth of things to talk about, I'd expect the week to be a bit of a drag if you decide to stay away from discussion. And, of course, the more you like what you've seen, the stronger the craving for more.
Definitely true!

From what we've heard and the few spoilers some of us (most even?) know about, I suppose I'll be totally overwhelmed starting May 22nd when I'll be watching it after I get home from work. Luckily I'll finish early that day and work starts in the afternoon the next. That way there'll be enough room for two or four hours of new stuff.

I'll make sure and have coffee and donuts nearby. :D
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I was originally planning on watching the whole four hours from 2am-6am and then immediately going to work, but I've come to my senses and taken the day off.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

dronerstone wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
dronerstone wrote:

Definitely true!

From what we've heard and the few spoilers some of us (most even?) know about, I suppose I'll be totally overwhelmed starting May 22nd when I'll be watching it after I get home from work. Luckily I'll finish early that day and work starts in the afternoon the next. That way there'll be enough room for two or four hours of new stuff.

I'll make sure and have coffee and donuts nearby. :D
Oh, yeah. Finally seeing some spoilers realized on-screen and put into context will be fun.
I'll also be having coffee & donuts - if there's ever a time to ritualize these two, the premiere will be it.
Dalai Cooper wrote:I was originally planning on watching the whole four hours from 2am-6am and then immediately going to work, but I've come to my senses and taken the day off.
Hah. That does not sound like a good idea.
GoodMorningAmerica
Roadhouse Member

Post by GoodMorningAmerica »

Speaking of hotels and taking Monday off - I can't take the 22nd off because I have to be at a conference out of town. So not only do I have to take a TERRIFYING AIRPLANE RIDE (I hate flying) on the 21st, but I have to depend on my Apple TV working on the hotel room TV. Barring these obstacles, I do like the idea of watching new Twin Peaks all alone in a dark hotel room, with nobody around to hear me screaming and crying.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

There should have been an international holiday on 22nd May,so that us fans can have time for discussion because there is no way anyone can go for work without Twin Peaks on their minds
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

GoodMorningAmerica wrote:Speaking of hotels and taking Monday off - I can't take the 22nd off because I have to be at a conference out of town. So not only do I have to take a TERRIFYING AIRPLANE RIDE (I hate flying) on the 21st, but I have to depend on my Apple TV working on the hotel room TV. Barring these obstacles, I do like the idea of watching new Twin Peaks all alone in a dark hotel room, with nobody around to hear me screaming and crying.
For a millennium the space for the hotel room existed – undefined. Mankind captured it and gave it shape and passed through. And sometimes when passing through, they found themselves brushing up against the secret names of truth.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Have these various teasers actually been shown between programs on Showtime, the channel itself, or have they been released solely online?
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!