NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Hockey Mask »

I doubt we get get any unannounced returning actors except the Log Lady.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Hockey Mask wrote:I doubt we get get any unannounced returning actors except the Log Lady.
The Log Lady IS on the list.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

sp.agent.dalecooper wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Watch it at the Roadhouse:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/twin-peaks ... 3282963239
Thanks for posting that. I'm coming up with friends, staying at a forest house airbnb in Issaquah/Tiger Mountain for the weekend and was planning on watching it at the house. Just got a tix/table for the 21st at the Roadhouse and could not be more thrilled. Gracias!
Nice! Let us know how it went!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Hockey Mask wrote:I doubt we get get any unannounced returning actors except the Log Lady.
I doubt your doubt. How exciting will it be to see an unexpected face before it's all over?

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Mordeen wrote:
I doubt your doubt. How exciting will it be to see an unexpected face before it's all over?

-Mordeen
It would be great. My personal skepticism is if was to keep surprises .. why announce the more unexpected cast returns like Walter Olkewicz (spelling?), Ray Wise (despite him having spilled the beans before hand), Sheryl Lee (not that die hards would find it that unexpected). I just don't see why they'd announce Duchovny's return, but not Kiefer Sutherland (and I feel like Secret History of Twin Peaks sort of gave him a wrap up, in some sense, by suggesting he became a drunk). Someone like Bowie I can see being a big surprise (but again, I'm really skeptical they were able to film him), and Heather Graham for plot reasons. But, say, Chris Isaak or a returning Piper Laurie or something? I just don't see what extra value they get by not announcing it like they did with the rest of the cast. Frankly, in retrospect, while I was happy they released the cast list .. it is sort of downright bizarre, especially with how trailer averse they are.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I think one of the main reasons they released the cast list was so that actors could use the TP credit on their resume.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

keatonshat wrote:
thedougpa wrote:
keatonshat wrote:Here's an interview with Sherilyn Fenn from Australian TV i believe yesterday. No real new info on the new series but there is a shot at around the 4:03 mark that i can't place at the moment, it may be unrelated to Lynch or TP but all the other clips they show during the interview are from Twin Peaks or FWWM

https://www.9now.com.au/today/2017/clip ... 450d415c25
Can't view that outside of Australia. Can you take a screenshot and post it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may be unrelated to Lynch or Twin Peaks but who knows
i wonder if those pics ar from s3
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Is it reasonable to believe that the dates to these events are correct/correlates with the actual airing dates by Showtime? If so, and if I made a correct count, we'll only get 17 parts, not 18 (a two hour finale?).

EDIT: Actually 16, since the two first hours also will be aired as one part.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Dead Dog wrote:I'm such a big fan of Sheriff Truman that his exclusion has actually dampened my excitement for the new series a great degree. Other than Agent Cooper, he is by far my favorite character, others' opinions be damned. Purely from a personal standpoint, this truly will be bittersweet.
Word.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Mordeen wrote: Yep. And that's entirely possible because I heard a lot of "absolutely not in" comments from "folks," but with Ontkean, Graham, Bowie, Isaak and Sutherland the comments are "I'm not sure" or "I honestly don't know."
And let's not forget Michael Horse's "You won't be disappointed" reply when asked about the possible absence of Michael Ontkean in a pretty recent promo interview about the show.
tid

Post by tid »

secretlettermkr wrote:
keatonshat wrote:
thedougpa wrote: Can't view that outside of Australia. Can you take a screenshot and post it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may be unrelated to Lynch or Twin Peaks but who knows
i wonder if those pics ar from s3
Who knows, this could actually be the very first footage released from season 3!!! It is not from any of Lynch's films. It looks highly stylised, industrial, but rural and didn't feel out of place with the Fire Walk With Me images they had in the cuttaway montage. I wouldn't be surprised.
DonnieB
Roadhouse Member

Post by DonnieB »

Mordeen wrote:
Ross wrote:If either Ontkean or Graham make an appearance, they didn't just keep it a secret from the public. They would have had to keep them a secret secret.
Yep. And that's entirely possible because I heard a lot of "absolutely not in" comments from "folks," but with Ontkean, Graham, Bowie, Isaak and Sutherland the comments are "I'm not sure" or "I honestly don't know."
RE Isaak and Keifer: Frost was asked directly on reddit if they considered bringing back those characters and he said, "Yes." If they did and it's some big secret wouldn't you say that's tipping your hand? And that was the same AMA that he No Commented to half the questions.

And again, think for a second, what would be the point of keeping Keifer Sutherland a secret? What about his character necessitates that? With Desmond I get it, he went missing, he's a mystery. But Stanley? Come on. And is Sutherland, in 2017, really a bigger name than any of myriad other actors in this? Because that's essentially what they would be saying by keeping him off the cast list.
Last edited by DonnieB on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonnieB
Roadhouse Member

Post by DonnieB »

Agent Earle wrote:
Mordeen wrote: Yep. And that's entirely possible because I heard a lot of "absolutely not in" comments from "folks," but with Ontkean, Graham, Bowie, Isaak and Sutherland the comments are "I'm not sure" or "I honestly don't know."
And let's not forget Michael Horse's "You won't be disappointed" reply when asked about the possible absence of Michael Ontkean in a pretty recent promo interview about the show.
That's not the context of the quote at all.
It’s been the best television I’ve ever seen in the last 10 years. Fargo is wonderful, and True Detective was probably one of the best things I’ve ever seen, Game of Thrones… And I thought, you know, will the fans be disappointed?

About three days into doing it, I went, no… no they won’t! There’s NOBODY like David […] and shout-outs to Mark too.

And Mordeen, that scenario you described with Cooper/Truman: That's fine, but would a scene like that really be ruined at all by listing Ontkean on the cast list? Is it really worth it to go through all this, have people literally lying in interviews, have Michael lie to Brad Dukes, so we're a bit surprised for one little insignificant scene?
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

I wouldn't want to first experience the new series in a restaurant with a crowd of a hundred.. but to each their own. I'm sure it will be sold out pretty quickly.
I'll see you in the trees
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I'm still not convinced they're not lying about David Bowie. That's the dude you'd definitely lie about.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.