NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Esselgee »

TVline put Twin Peaks as one of the "losers" of summer.

http://tvline.com/gallery/summer-tv-win ... /part-7-2/
LOSER: Twin Peaks: The Return
Showtime touts subscribers gained via the revival’s arrival; we see sometimes barely 200,000 making it a priority to watch in real time. Some see deep-dive homages to auteur David Lynch’s lifelong oeuvre; we also see a lot of self-indulgent water-treading (including wayyyy too much Dougie). Some hail the potential for eventual payoff; we prefer to see the inarguable entertainment value in any given episode.
Also after people complained in the comment sections:
Matt Webb Mitovich says:
August 22, 2017 at 1:50 PM
As this list’s editor, I assure you that the Twin Peaks caption reflects the opinion of at least three senior TVLine editors (myself included). Nothing is being retracted. Disagreement is welcome. The world is not of one hive mind. –Mgmt.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Well, as long as they're enjoying Power and World of Dance!

Not surprising from TV Line though, as Michael Ausiello hates everything about TP except Season 1 and coffee and pie and had a complete hysterical meltdown after the first four eps. They're the outliers at the moment.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Also, that TVLine blurb is poorly written -- it seems to imply that there IS "inarguable entertainment value" in every episode, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intent.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Also, that TVLine blurb is poorly written -- it seems to imply that there IS "inarguable entertainment value" in every episode, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intent.
What they're saying is that they're not getting entertainment value in every episode and that they shouldn't have to wait for the eventual payoff at the end to make every episode seem worthwhile.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Esselgee wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Also, that TVLine blurb is poorly written -- it seems to imply that there IS "inarguable entertainment value" in every episode, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intent.
What they're saying is that they're not getting entertainment value in every episode and that they shouldn't have to wait for the eventual payoff at the end to make every episode seem worthwhile.
Yeh, but it's worded poorly. They should have said "we WOULD prefer to see..." The way it's written implies that there is entertainment value.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

I posted Kyle's Q&A videos from this morning on YouTube if anyone wants a hardcopy of the full session.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

It doesn't look like anybody connected with this has any talk show appearances lined up to promote the finale. Anyone know anything different?
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Wondering how long it'll take for a blu-ray set (with extras!!!) will be released. Anyone know how long these things usually take with tv series?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Soolsma wrote:Wondering how long it'll take for a blu-ray set (with extras!!!) will be released. Anyone know how long these things usually take with tv series?
I don't know, but if you look at another Showtime series, "Ray Donovan", Season 4 ended last September, and the DVD was released in December.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Ashok wrote:I posted Kyle's Q&A videos from this morning on YouTube if anyone wants a hardcopy of the full session.
Thanks, it was a good video. Great to see Kyle responding to the fans. Helllooooo!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Tonight is going to be very bittersweet for me. Thank you to this forum. I've enjoyed Twin Peaks even more with this web site.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Thanks for everything guys. No matter what happens tonight, it's been an incredible ride.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Yes, thanks everyone. Twin Peaks has been such a salve for me, and a mirror. It's strange that this is probably it. I'll talk about it once it's over, but unless there's a season 4, I don't think I'll be posting for a long time. I've seen so much I never would have without being here.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

I'm not understanding why Comcast's On Demand doesn't yet have Part 18 up. All the other parts were available instantly after airing. They have Part 18 labeled in HD, but it's actually Part 17. Then in SD they have Part 17 listed correctly. I don't watch the episodes live, but rather On Demand, although I did DVR these last two and was able to watch Part 18 in a lower quality, because DVR has a poorer picture than On Demand.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!