NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Calderon »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTunCVWzkFA

This is my favorite piece from Moby.

C'mon Showtime, I need one more teaser today.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

the lips :lol:

Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Is anyone able to resize this image for me to use as an avatar please?

Edit - This is as small as I could get it, but it still won't upload.
Attachments
avatar.jpg (378.2 KiB) Viewed 8889 times
Last edited by Jonah on Thu May 18, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Rami Airola wrote:
Mordeen wrote:I have a really sad avatar I don't want to have to put up tomorrow morning.

-Mordeen
Bob wearing the Wheeler shirt? :D
That one's been out there for a while.
ZANEy Bob 02.jpg
ZANEy Bob 02.jpg (465.76 KiB) Viewed 8927 times
And to keep this post relevant to Season 3, that's what I think Bob will look like in The Return.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I have no problem with Moby. "Go" is awesome, but he's not all that and "Play" (which is also awesome).
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:
Bloodflood wrote:Omg I love Moby!!
its so boring
i hope he is not doing music for this

Agreed. Always thought his music and whole vibe was pretentious and overrated but to each their own. Hopefully at most he just played music in a club scene or maybe that party Belushi was talking about. At best he just hung out on set and maybe had an extra cameo.
I like Moby a lot as a guy but I agree, his music does very little for me. Seems somewhat 'wrong' for Twin Peaks as well, 25 years later withstanding.

He's good at sampling weird little oddities though.
OneEyedJack
Roadhouse Member

Post by OneEyedJack »

Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

OneEyedJack wrote:New Preview is up finally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15rjRf46cgs
You should be banned
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

N. Needleman wrote:I have no problem with Moby. "Go" is awesome, but he's not all that and "Play" (which is also awesome).
I love his track in the film "Heat". But with all these other artists, I'm just hoping for Badalamenti.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
a whole damn town

Post by a whole damn town »

Jonah wrote:Is anyone able to resize this image for me to use as an avatar please? I've tried doing it online, but it's not working.

This should work.
I'm not just three men on a fishing trip.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

a whole damn town wrote:
Jonah wrote:Is anyone able to resize this image for me to use as an avatar please? I've tried doing it online, but it's not working.

This should work.
Thank you!!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Looks like we're not getting a teaser this evening?
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Might put out a teaser on Friday (didn't they do that a couple times before they switched it up to Thursdays?)

Either way, we're so close that I'm indifferent as to whether or not they put out more footage.

As to Maclachlan's quote about maybe doing more, I'm always taking comments like that with grains of salt, because in Hollywood .. well, there's always a great script floating around (until you see comments six months later "Well, it's not written yet"), there's always a sequel coming (until there's not), etc. etc. It's just part of the diplomacy of navigating deals (you always want to sound optimistic in an attempt to build more of an audience, especially those who might spread the word more to boost ratings in hopes of more episodes...).

I'd personally prefer 18 and done, because a) that's a ton of material and b) I don't want to risk a series that leaves enough open for more .. only for it to never happen (ala Season 2 way back when). Also, C), and this is a super-personal point of view, I'm a bit sick of never-ending media (and shows tend to be at their best when they aren't leaving chips on the table for future use, i.e., Breaking Bad's finale 8 episodes). Also, the more morbid point of view; if it takes another 2/3 years for a season .. what other actors won't be able to reprise their roles between now and then?

Having said that, if Lynch/Frost have ideas, if Season 3 is great (just in case .. it is possible that Season 3 disappoints, you never know!), if Showtime lets it happen, then why the hell not?

(Also, I made my avatar a Evelyn in the Red Room .. I hope I wasn't late to the party on that, as I'm sure Mordeen may've already done it at some point, but, I swear I hand made it!)
Last edited by Rudagger on Thu May 18, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Well, tomorrow is the premier (holy crap, typing that made my hands sweat), so maybe they're planning on dropping something to coincide with the red carpet coverage.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Rudagger wrote:Might put out a teaser on Friday (didn't they do that a couple times before they switched it up to Thursdays?)

Either way, we're so close that I'm indifferent as to whether or not they put out more footage.

As to Maclachlan's quote about maybe doing more, I'm always taking comments like that with grains of salt, because in Hollywood .. well, there's always a great script floating around (until you see comments six months later "Well, it's not written yet"), there's always a sequel coming (until there's not), etc. etc. It's just part of the diplomacy of navigating deals (you always want to sound optimistic in an attempt to build more of an audience, especially those who might spread the word more to boost ratings in hopes of more episodes...).

I'd personally prefer 18 and done, because a) that's a ton of material and b) I don't want to risk a series that leaves enough open for more .. only for it to never happen (ala Season 2 way back when). Also, C), and this is a super-personal point of view, I'm a bit sick of never-ending media (and shows tend to be at their best when they aren't leaving chips on the table for future use, i.e., Breaking Bad's finale 8 episodes).

Having said that, if Lynch/Frost have ideas, if Season 3 is great (just in case .. it is possible that Season 3 disappoints, you never know!), if Showtime lets it happen, then why the hell not?

(Also, I made my avatar a Evelyn in the Red Room .. I hope I wasn't late to the party on that, as I'm sure Mordeen may've already done it at some point, but, I swear I hand made it!)
No I didn't and that avatar is pure genius. Well done.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .