NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Bloodflood »

The posters in Australia must be that way because they can't use any stuff from the new season. In my opinion, it's not related to anything else.
beano
Roadhouse Member

Post by beano »

there have been billboards sighted in seattle, missoula, and phildelphia.. all locations referenced in twin peaks. has anybody checked bend, oregon? or buenos aires??
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

I live in Buenos Aires, nothing here so far, not even a date or channel of broadcasting for the new series.

PS: The MISSING PIECES hotel escene .... Buenos Aires looks nothing like that, theres no hotels like the one on the Jefries scene, and the people dont dress, or talk anything like that either. Its more close to Cuba or Venezuela.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Love this minimalist viral marketing. Let's see where it will lead us.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

beano wrote:there have been billboards sighted in seattle, missoula, and phildelphia.. all locations referenced in twin peaks. has anybody checked bend, oregon? or buenos aires??
... Pittsburgh?

I haven't kept up with Twitter, what did these billboards look like? Were there two in each city like in Seattle, were they always a pair of a pie and its missing slice?

Before they pulled those tweets, Showtime said there were eight billboards total...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

secretlettermkr wrote: PS: The MISSING PIECES hotel escene .... Buenos Aires looks nothing like that, theres no hotels like the one on the Jefries scene, and the people dont dress, or talk anything like that either. Its more close to Cuba or Venezuela.
Lol, I was watching the MP with a friend the other day and he said that hotel looked more like Mexico than Buenos Aires.
Jaipeur

Post by Jaipeur »

http://www.gq.com/story/david-lynch-twin-peaks-profile

Interview with Lynch... Just reading it now.
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

There’s one scene that I have to go and chew out a couple of big, heavy guys in the park. He was screaming, “Ya go out there and ya grab ’em by the balls and ya just chew ’em out! Just chew ’em out like you’ve never seen any big grown men so scared in their lives!
Hmm... perhaps Naomi Watts could be FBI?
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

I'd like to see a Twin Peaks billboard in Tibet.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Wow, this is a really great interview. Some interesting details about Watts' and Belushi's characters.
There’s one scene that I have to go and chew out a couple of big, heavy guys in the park. He was screaming, “Ya go out there and ya grab ’em by the balls and ya just chew ’em out! Just chew ’em out like you’ve never seen any big grown men so scared in their lives!” —Naomi Watts (who, it must be said, does a damn fine David Lynch impression).

“It’s whole notes and rests,” Belushi says of Lynch’s peculiar rhythm, recalling how the director walked him through a breakfast scene with Belushi’s top-secret character. “He said, ‘Jim. He does this every morning. He loves his coffee. He pours his coffee. He wants to make sure that the cream is the right amount of cream in his coffee. He wants to make sure there’s the right amount of milk to the cereal. He doesn’t want it too soggy. He wants it crisp.’ ”
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Jaipeur wrote:http://www.gq.com/story/david-lynch-twin-peaks-profile

Thanks for the link - great read, even if a lot of it is familiar.

Is this maybe from that photo shoot we heard about a few weeks ago? There are quotes from a lot of the cast which I've never seen before and seem new and post-filming the show, with some possibly from the shoot, which suggests they may have been there, or the interviewer called all of them up separately (which seems a little unlikely).

Looks like it might have been a press event with GQ's focus being on Lynch, with EW or some other publication having exclusive rights for shooting the cast. Love the random Questlove quotes. A little surprised to hear Frost hasn't seen the finished product, anyone know whether Frost was on set during shooting?

Also Chateau Marmont, what a Lynch place for an interview/shoot.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Panapaok wrote:Wow, this is a really great interview. Some interesting details about Watts' and Belushi's characters.
There’s one scene that I have to go and chew out a couple of big, heavy guys in the park. He was screaming, “Ya go out there and ya grab ’em by the balls and ya just chew ’em out! Just chew ’em out like you’ve never seen any big grown men so scared in their lives!” —Naomi Watts (who, it must be said, does a damn fine David Lynch impression).

“It’s whole notes and rests,” Belushi says of Lynch’s peculiar rhythm, recalling how the director walked him through a breakfast scene with Belushi’s top-secret character. “He said, ‘Jim. He does this every morning. He loves his coffee. He pours his coffee. He wants to make sure that the cream is the right amount of cream in his coffee. He wants to make sure there’s the right amount of milk to the cereal. He doesn’t want it too soggy. He wants it crisp.’ ”
Aha, coffee and food obsessions will still play a role in S3!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

indyit wrote:

Is this maybe from that photo shoot we heard about a few weeks ago? There are quotes from a lot of the cast which I've never seen before and seem new and post-filming the show, with some possibly from the shoot, which suggests they may have been there, or the interviewer called all of them up separately (which seems a little unlikely).

Looks like it might have been a press event with GQ's focus being on Lynch, with EW or some other publication having exclusive rights for shooting the cast. Love the random Questlove quotes. A little surprised to hear Frost hasn't seen the finished product, anyone know whether Frost was on set during shooting?

I could swear some Dugpa posters on site in Washington wrote that Frost had his own trailer during filming there in late 2015.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

The leaked set photos from Palm Springs and the details from this interview have made me very excited about Belushi.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Panapaok »

mtwentz wrote:
indyit wrote:

I could swear some Dugpa posters on site in Washington wrote that Frost had his own trailer during filming there in late 2015.
Frost was seen many times on location in Washington State. It seems he just hasn't seen all the episodes in their final form.