NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by sneakydave »

Taperecorder wrote:Yeah, hearing that Moby might have a part or some music in The Return actually puts me off a little. His music is so mediocre. Oh well, I am sure Lynch knows what to do with him.
It puts you off watching Season 3?

That's a pretty big statement right there.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

mtwentz wrote:
MoondogJR wrote:So... the negative Moby-comments aside (which I don't like, Moby is awsome!), no new trailer today? :)
I do not believe we will be getting any more new footage. The best we can hope for is a surprise early release of ep 1 and 2 tomorrow night :-)
Personally I'm hoping they don't release the episodes early. There's something special about knowing when the premier will happen and getting revved up for that instead of it just randomly dropping on Friday night. Call me old fashioned but I'm looking forward to watching it live on Showtime this Sunday.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

Twink Peaks wrote:
Twink Peaks wrote:
MoondogJR wrote: You could be on to something... :?

its him!!! :lol: (and shes looking nothing like Kathleen Deming :roll: different eyes and nose)

Last edited by Twink Peaks on Thu May 18, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
MoondogJR wrote:So... the negative Moby-comments aside (which I don't like, Moby is awsome!), no new trailer today? :)
I do not believe we will be getting any more new footage. The best we can hope for is a surprise early release of ep 1 and 2 tomorrow night :-)
Personally I'm hoping they don't release the episodes early. There's something special about knowing when the premier will happen and getting revved up for that instead of it just randomly dropping on Friday night. Call me old fashioned but I'm looking forward to watching it live on Showtime this Sunday.
Not to mention the havoc that would wreak on those of us with viewing parties planned. The mental anguish alone, to watch alone or wait to view with the group??
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

Psshhh I said it was duchovony the day the trailer dropped . Where were y'all then ? Also I'm kidding I don't actually think it's him, but wouldn't that be something!

Is everyone getting ready for premier night ?! What are your plans ??

I will be watching it alone in my dark bedroom, sound cranked up nice and loud. I'm ordering a cherry pie to be picked up that morning , I will be getting donuts and some decaf coffee as well... can't have caffeine that late haha. Also I plan on burning some pine scented wax melts so it smells like I'm in the forest , I have my "I log twin peaks " shirt all set to wear, I even bought a twin peaks red room styled pillow to lounge with. It's so close ... it is happening again.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
secretlettermkr wrote:
Bloodflood wrote:Omg I love Moby!!
its so boring
i hope he is not doing music for this

Agreed. Always thought his music and whole vibe was pretentious and overrated but to each their own. Hopefully at most he just played music in a club scene or maybe that party Belushi was talking about. At best he just hung out on set and maybe had an extra cameo.
Gotta agree with these sentiments. Strikingly overrated "musician," in this fella's opinion.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

me when Twin Peaks / David Lynch fans call things pretentious: :lol:

(that said I'm not in particular a fan before that card gets pulled on me + I'm being silly don't take me to heart)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Drove into town tonight to get a burger. Saw three Twin Peaks posters. Laura above park in local village, Cooper on side of motorway, and Laura again in the city. Surreal to see this happening. Especially here. Suddenly, TP is everywhere!
Last edited by Jonah on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Come on, Showtime, drop us a hot potato. I have a really sad avatar I don't want to have to put up tomorrow morning.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

Mordeen wrote:I have a really sad avatar I don't want to have to put up tomorrow morning.

-Mordeen
Bob wearing the Wheeler shirt? :D
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

Hailey Gates Thought the Secrecy on David Lynch's Twin Peaks Reboot Was "Pretty Funny"

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/hailey- ... avid-lynch
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

Twink Peaks wrote:Hailey Gates Thought the Secrecy on David Lynch's Twin Peaks Reboot Was "Pretty Funny"

She is so beautiful.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

Bloodflood wrote:
Twink Peaks wrote:Hailey Gates Thought the Secrecy on David Lynch's Twin Peaks Reboot Was "Pretty Funny"

She is so beautiful.

yes. im in love :lol:
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mordeen wrote:Come on, Showtime, drop us a hot potato. I have a really sad avatar I don't want to have to put up tomorrow morning.

-Mordeen
I'd like to see the old Mordeen, for nostalgias sake
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

Not all Moby is great (he can be kind of scattershot as he's restless and experimental) but some is and some is even phenomenally so (such as Living, for instance, which I consider among the best pieces I've ever heard--a marvelous, even thrilling build and development). Frankly, as a fan, I can say I much prefer his ambient work and consider most of his greatest work to be in that field.