NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Discussion of Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
anthoto1

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Postby anthoto1 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:17 am

Panapaok wrote:We need to see the ending of this series first before we decide if there's need for more. At least that's what I think.

I don't need another season. I WANT another season.
N. Needleman

Postby N. Needleman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:27 am

LOL, I don't know why THR ran a piece with the same information but a much more negative headline.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Ashok

Postby Ashok » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:37 am

That THR article has got to be one of the worst click-bait headlines I've ever seen.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Metamorphia

Postby Metamorphia » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:35 am

The idea of a returned Coop does set up an enticing S4... but at the same time it seems like a perfect closing note for the show. I'll be surprised if there is any more but I'd take it! Ultimately it just come down to whether Lynch and Frost think there's enough new story to tell.
N. Needleman

Postby N. Needleman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:01 am

A great Twitter thread from Matt Zoller Seitz on humanism in the new show.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Ashok

Postby Ashok » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:01 am

Heather Graham briefly talks Twin Peaks with TV Guide.
http://www.tvguide.com/news/heather-gra ... -happened/
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Novalis

Postby Novalis » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:49 pm

N. Needleman wrote:A great Twitter thread from Matt Zoller Seitz on humanism in the new show.

Thanks for linking to this awesome thread. I agree wholeheartedly with pretty much everything posted there.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:20 pm

"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
N. Needleman

Postby N. Needleman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:22 pm

LOL, Showbiz411 - that site hates the show (as their article reminds everyone). And again, the conventional ratings are not what Showtime cares about so much.
Framed_Angel

Postby Framed_Angel » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:55 pm

It will be interesting to see how this coming Sunday's Part 15 viewership is affected. The solar eclipse is the following day -- so, not a direct conflict. But I'm among those planning to travel to view it in totality. In my case, two states away, and arriving Sunday // get settled in our lodging// fight whatever overcrowded eateries to get decent food etc, there will be plenty of distractions.
Without a doubt I plan to watch Part 15 that night, if Showtime isn't available at the hotel then I'll see if we can load it on the BF's laptop via hulu which is how I usually watch it -- and because I like to pause sometimes and re-watch on impulse I hope the internet connection is sound.
MAINLY though I will miss visiting these boards the following day, instead which will be All About The Eclipse... My original point nonetheless, is how many Peaks fans will be prevented by such circumstances from watching on schedule?
mtwentz

Postby mtwentz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:37 am

I don't give a rip about the ratings at this point and I don't think anyone else in this site should either. Twin Peaks The Return is just not for a mass U.S. audience and it's success will ultimately like with a devoted fan base.
N. Needleman

Postby N. Needleman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:43 am

Jonah

Postby Jonah » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:30 am

Actually, now that some time has passed, I like "The full blossom of the evening".
mujubuju

Postby mujubuju » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Probably picked up some more viewers because Game of Thrones had already been leaked earlier in the week. If you compare the younger demographic numbers to the week before, you'll see this week GoT had a drop in viewership.
Esselgee

Postby Esselgee » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:59 pm

Except it doesn't air against Game of Thrones anymore. I guess you could say that some people turn on HBO an hour before GoT starts just waiting for the new episode.

Return to “Twin Peaks”