Bob running

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Bob running

Post by Rami Airola »

I don't know if this has been discussed here before, but here it goes...

In the scene where we see Ronnette remembering Laura's murder, we see a shot of Bob running towards the camera. At first it looked like he is running in the train car, but when I watched it frame by frame, it really looked like he runs in some other place.

Now, the interesting thing here is that in the script for the episode 1, in the scene where Sarah has a vision of Laura superimposed on Donna, instead of remembering seeing Bob behind Laura's bed, she sees a vision of Bob running in a hospital corridor.
51. SARAH'S VISION - INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR - NIGHT

Looking down a long corridor, a frightening looking MAN we haven't seen before
comes racing towards us at full speed. We hear some monstrous sound. just as
he's about to reach us we ...
http://www.lynchnet.com/tp/tp01.html

Is that shot of Bob running in Laura's murder scene actually something that was first shot (or intended to shoot) for episode 1?
Or is this some common knowledge that everyone other than me already knows? :D
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Re: Bob running

Post by Rami Airola »

Oh my...

How did I ever miss this.. It even shows the EXIT sign!

It is definitely the hospital corridor. Had I just bothered to check it out more closely..... I guess this thread is pointless now :D

Oh, how I'd love to see that shot without any editing and zooming.........
Attachments
hospitalcorridor_and_bob.jpg
hospitalcorridor_and_bob.jpg (14.42 KiB) Viewed 11278 times
hospitalcorridor.jpg
hospitalcorridor.jpg (27.96 KiB) Viewed 11278 times
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

It was shot in the hospital hallway and the original film still exists. Shame they didn't include it as an extra feature on the Blu-Ray.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mujubuju
Roadhouse Member

Post by mujubuju »

Like Jerry Horne says, it was filmed in the hospital. This is a video of Silva talking at Twin Peaks fest. Starting at around 3:00 mins in, he mentions the hospital shots. Great video, Silva seems like he was a prince of a dude. RIP.

Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:It was shot in the hospital hallway and the original film still exists. Shame they didn't include it as an extra feature on the Blu-Ray.
Agreed. They really should have included every scrap of footage found.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

thanks for including that shot. I had a suspicion that running shot could have been from the pilot, but i think that visually confirms it was shot for ep 8 and used accordingly.
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

I agree that they should have released that footage on the Blurays, but nevertheless the scene as edited in the episode, overimposing train and hospital, is wonderful...
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Jerry Horne wrote:It was shot in the hospital hallway and the original film still exists. Shame they didn't include it as an extra feature on the Blu-Ray.
If they did, it'd be definitely my favorite extra feature. Thanks CBS :cry:
Brad D wrote:thanks for including that shot. I had a suspicion that running shot could have been from the pilot, but i think that visually confirms it was shot for ep 8 and used accordingly.
According to the script, it was shot for ep. 1, for Sarah's vision but dropped and then used in Ronette's nightmare on ep. 8 right?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:According to the script, it was shot for ep. 1, for Sarah's vision but dropped and then used in Ronette's nightmare on ep. 8 right?
This seems to be the case. When I saw the script for ep 1, that was my assumption as well.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Ross wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:According to the script, it was shot for ep. 1, for Sarah's vision but dropped and then used in Ronette's nightmare on ep. 8 right?
This seems to be the case. When I saw the script for ep 1, that was my assumption as well.
The only thing that makes me wonder about this is how ferocious Bob seems in the hospital footage. The first few times we meet him - in the dream and hiding behind the bed - he's less a snarling beast than a creepy-looking drifter. Only in ep. 8 does he become more animalistic. And it seems more like a Lynch image (though then again it's so heavily manipulated, it's hard to tell). It would be REALLY interesting to see the original footage.
harmolodic
Roadhouse Member

Post by harmolodic »

And note that he's biting/snapping his teeth, which is the first hint that Bob is a kind of mouth incarnate, built to consume...this seems to be a Lynch addition to the Bob mythos and is a very Lynchian theme in general (mouths, food, vomiting, eating, etc...)
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
If they did, it'd be definitely my favorite extra feature. Thanks CBS :cry:
Brad D wrote:thanks for including that shot. I had a suspicion that running shot could have been from the pilot, but i think that visually confirms it was shot for ep 8 and used accordingly.
According to the script, it was shot for ep. 1, for Sarah's vision but dropped and then used in Ronette's nightmare on ep. 8 right?
I am thinking it had to have been filmed for episode 8. Given that the exit sign/doorway in the screenshots match and they never used that particular filming location in season 1 (to my knowledge).